MSE Local eBay Deals tool discussion

Comments

• I can find items on the Local eaby deals mapper, but when I click on to have a closer view on ebay, it tells me these can't be found. If I put the item descriotion directly into ebay, it finds them! What's going on??
  • anna1976
    anna1976 Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The direct link to eBay has not worked for several days and the report tool now does not work. Please repair it. Thank you.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    anna1976 wrote: »
    The direct link to eBay has not worked for several days and the report tool now does not work. Please repair it. Thank you.

You have been here since 2006. Can you not see MSE have no interest in this thread or evidently the tool?
    A tool nobody needs to use but they seem desperate to do so.
  • Hello I love my Ebay Mapper tool and have brought lots of things from it . However I can get onto the site at present and search .The seems a bit random compared to before . But sadly when I click on the object it redirects me to a "page not found " I have tried searching for the site again and following it through but the problem sadly remains . I have tried reporting a broken link but that link seems to be broken also.
    REGARDS JANE TOWNSEND :(
  • kheemonahs
    kheemonahs Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Why fix something that aint broke?

I clicked on the icon I have on my desktop to go through what is for sale locally only to find that somebody has well and truly mucked it up!

I usually just search for anything for sale within my area and progress through the pages until I find something of interest click on it and it opens, not any more, click on it and it comes up with

"We looked everywhere.
    Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages."

No ebay listing number so cant put that in instead, and if you do go through the pages it periodically crashes so you have to start all over again and guess what there are no page numbers to go to where you left off so you have to go all through the pages you have already see been through.

Usually I will go through 7 days of listings but I have now given up after 4 days and several crashes.

An improvement? No it's unusable!:mad:
  • peacht
    peacht Posts: 1 Newbie
    I've also had this problem.
    The redirect is not working.
    My way around this is to right click on the link and select "copy link address" then paste this into the url bar and then remove the redirect leaving just the ebay url.
    It's a faff but it works.
  • Doesn't save my postcode! could we have a 20 mile distance option too? Thanks
  • I have been using this tool for years and it is generally very good however.
    The new 'trend' of not creating pages means you have no idea of how many adverts meet the parameters set and indeed I have never got to the bottom of the list before I've given up.
    If you are just going to reveal into one list why do we have to press the 'Load More' button why not produce one list and give a number. 
    Also with pages you can decide to go back to something which was on a page which at the time you noted but were not sure.
    This is a case of web designers do the fashionable thing while not considering the practicalities for the user 
  • This used to be a VERY good tool and now is is completely useless and I will no longer use it!!!
    I put in a search for a specific item within 5 miles put my postcode in press enter and, NOTHING!!
    I have expanded the search out further and further and, NOTHING!!
    I go into eBay proper and put the same specific search in within 5 miles and straight away get a hit less than 5 miles away!!
    This now happens every time I try to use it, a complete waste of time!!
    The only way I get any result at all is to put a search for anything and it will then find things that I am not wanting and to cap it all,  NO PICTURES!!
    I will quite often buy an item I am not after if it hits me in the eye but I am NOT going open every item listed to see the pictures on the off chance I might like it!!
    I have had a link in my BookMarks ever since MSE came up with the idea years ago and it was very GOOD, now it is less than useless!!
    I do not hold out any hope of any improvement in the tool so I will delete the BookMark and just use eBay search instead and save time mucking about!!!!
  • This site isn't working for me. My collection only item is not on your listing. Ref  265114282742 if you're interested. This has happened to me before. Incidentally, I've seen a few people criticising your list because they can find requirements more easily on Ebay itself. My view is that it can work like the reduced shelf at a supermarket. I can see stuff that I wasn't looking for but could accept at the right price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure