Weekend delivery not happening

I bought something online today (Friday) and i paid extra to have it delivered on Saturday. I now have an email saying that it will be delivered Monday. Do i have a claim against this company . The options were standard next working day delivery which would get the item delivered on Monday or weekend delivery costing more to get it delivered on Saturday. I selected and paid the weekend delivery so im very annoyed that they are suggesting it will be delivered on Monday

Comments

• They should have published a cut-off point for next day delivery (i.e "Order before 1pm for next day delivery"). Either way if you have ordered after this they should just have charged for next day.

Basically ensure you phone them now, log the complaint and if it doesn't come get your refund.

Happened to me loads, never had issues with postage refunds.
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You have a claim for the Saturday delivery premium if you keep the goods on the Monday - if you return them you would be entitled to a full refund.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    What time did you order? Did they state a time deadline for orders with a Saturday delivery selected?

Sometimes emails are automated so it might still turn up tomorrow. If it doesn’t, either send it back for a full refund or ask for your additional postage back.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Tumtitums
    Tumtitums Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    There was no cut off time on their website it just said select the day so i selected 12 Oct and it went through ok with the premium weekend delivery. Im hoping it will still be delivered today but the order tracker hasnt changed since friday and is still saying that it still hasnt been dispatched and that my money has been taken, I paid the extra to avoid the inconvenience of weekday delivery when i am not in though apparently they use dpd who deliver who seem to have a network of collection points so im not sure why i wasnt given the option of having it sent to a dpd collection point. Will wait and see what happens
  • Tumtitums
    Tumtitums Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    They have just emailed to say it will be delivered on Monday. This has caused a lot of inconvenience as im normally elsewhere at this time on Saturday and i wont be home on Monday until evening time so im going to have to rearrange the delivery somehow
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure