Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sweb
    • By Sweb 10th Oct 19, 4:55 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sweb
    Call from hotel
    • 10th Oct 19, 4:55 PM
    Call from hotel 10th Oct 19 at 4:55 PM
    Hi everyone
    Iím new here, although I used to be a member years ago and it helped me with loads of things.
    I was hoping that there might be someone around to help
    I have recently booked to stay in a hotel for 1 night on new years eve this year, I booked online and chose the bed, breakfast and evening meal package, I booked 2 rooms for 3 adults and paid straight away. Costing £270.

Today I received a phone call from the hotel to tell me that the rate is no longer available and that I can still have the bed and breakfast but with no evening meal, as there is a private function going on that night and also a New Yearís Eve party, that they said I could book in for at the cost of £79.99 per person.
    So basically there is no food option.

She then offered me a rate of £116 per room with breakfast.
    Or I can cancel with a full refund.

What I wondered was as I have booked and paid for this already do I have any rights or do I just have to accept the decision, any help and advice would be very much appreciated
    Thank you very much.
Page 1
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 10th Oct 19, 5:49 PM
    • 17,771 Posts
    • 13,895 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 10th Oct 19, 5:49 PM
    • 10th Oct 19, 5:49 PM
    You want to crash the private function?
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 10th Oct 19, 6:14 PM
    • 16,734 Posts
    • 23,215 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 10th Oct 19, 6:14 PM
    • 10th Oct 19, 6:14 PM
    Hi everyone
    I’m new here, although I used to be a member years ago and it helped me with loads of things.
    I was hoping that there might be someone around to help
    I have recently booked to stay in a hotel for 1 night on new years eve this year, I booked online and chose the bed, breakfast and evening meal package, I booked 2 rooms for 3 adults and paid straight away. Costing £270.

Today I received a phone call from the hotel to tell me that the rate is no longer available and that I can still have the bed and breakfast but with no evening meal, as there is a private function going on that night and also a New Year’s Eve party, that they said I could book in for at the cost of £79.99 per person.
    So basically there is no food option.

She then offered me a rate of £116 per room with breakfast.
    Or I can cancel with a full refund.

What I wondered was as I have booked and paid for this already do I have any rights or do I just have to accept the decision, any help and advice would be very much appreciated
    Thank you very much.
    Originally posted by Sweb
    You can’t have what doesn’t exist. There is no evening meal option available.

Either get a full refund and book elsewhere, or accept their offer.
    Last edited by pinkshoes; 10-10-2019 at 9:23 PM.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • stragglebod
    • By stragglebod 10th Oct 19, 6:35 PM
    • 851 Posts
    • 775 Thanks
    stragglebod
    • 10th Oct 19, 6:35 PM
    • 10th Oct 19, 6:35 PM
    £232 for three adults including breakfast on new year's eve sounds very reasonable to me, depending on the area.

And I bet the evening meal at the hotel won't taste as good as the food from the stalls at the nearest municipal park's firework display.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

983Posts Today

6,819Users online

Martin's Twitter