Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GoodGrief2019
    • By GoodGrief2019 3rd Oct 19, 2:27 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 5Thanks
    GoodGrief2019
    Help?
    • 3rd Oct 19, 2:27 PM
    Help? 3rd Oct 19 at 2:27 PM
    I'm dealing with long-term severe mental health problems.
    I'm on ESA in the Support Group and get the Enhanced Disability Premium. I live alone.

I live in private rented accommodation and have been on Housing Benefit which partially covers my rent (the rest of the rent I have to take from my ESA payments.)
    I now have to move because my landlord is selling the flat.

Moving to a new borough. I just contacted the new borough/council I am moving to and they said they no longer pay LHA and that I will have to apply for UC.
    How will this affect my ESA?

Will it trigger a brand new medical assessment?

I looked at the online form for Universal Credit and it asked loads of health related questions, as if it was a new ESA claim.

My support worker had assured me that since I am on ESA I would have no issues claiming my rent in my new home. That is clearly NOT the case. I'm feeling suicidal now as I cannot cope with any more setbacks at present.

What do I do?
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 3rd Oct 19, 2:54 PM
    • 6,120 Posts
    • 5,658 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 3rd Oct 19, 2:54 PM
    • 3rd Oct 19, 2:54 PM
    Your question was answered here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6054906

Posting the same question multiple times across the forum just causes confusion.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,263Posts Today

7,300Users online

Martin's Twitter