Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • teresa555
    • By teresa555 1st Oct 19, 9:46 PM
    • 332Posts
    • 620Thanks
    teresa555
    esa home assessment advice
    • 1st Oct 19, 9:46 PM
    esa home assessment advice 1st Oct 19 at 9:46 PM
    hi i was due to have a home health assessment esa this morning, i waited for the assessor to arrive, then i heard the letter box click, it was a letter saying she called but i was not at home, i looked outside and saw a car pull away from around the corner, the house was silent and living room door left open, rang them straightaway and was told by the person who i was talking to that her colleague was talking to the dr at the time and heard her knocking my door and said i was not in, and my claims now been closed, any advice will be welcome as i am so stressed and i would have heard if she was knocking, i heard the letter drop through, it dosen't make any sense
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 1st Oct 19, 10:39 PM
    • 6,135 Posts
    • 5,662 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 1st Oct 19, 10:39 PM
    • 1st Oct 19, 10:39 PM
    hi i was due to have a home health assessment esa this morning, i waited for the assessor to arrive, then i heard the letter box click, it was a letter saying she called but i was not at home, i looked outside and saw a car pull away from around the corner, the house was silent and living room door left open, rang them straightaway and was told by the person who i was talking to that her colleague was talking to the dr at the time and heard her knocking my door and said i was not in, and my claims now been closed, any advice will be welcome as i am so stressed and i would have heard if she was knocking, i heard the letter drop through, it dosen't make any sense
    Originally posted by teresa555
    Have you rang DWP? If not then you'll need to do this first thing tomorrow morning when they open at 8. You'll need to tell them exactly what happened.

Don't delay ringing them because you could be found fit for work for failing to attend and if this happens your ESA will stop.

You may need to send evidence to prove you were at home at the time your appointment should have been. Was anyone with you that can prove you were home at that time?
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 1st Oct 19, 10:51 PM
    • 6,135 Posts
    • 5,662 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 1st Oct 19, 10:51 PM
    • 1st Oct 19, 10:51 PM
    What may happen now is that you'll be sent a BF223 form to fill in with the reasons why you didn't attend. If those reasons are accepted then your file will be returned to the health assessment providers.

If they are not accepted you'll be found fit for work and you'll need to request the MR.
    https://www.chdauk.co.uk/faq/appointments/what-happens-if-i-cannot-attend-my-assessment-appointment
    • teresa555
    • By teresa555 2nd Oct 19, 2:17 AM
    • 332 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    teresa555
    • 2nd Oct 19, 2:17 AM
    • 2nd Oct 19, 2:17 AM
    hi thanks for your advice, it was a home visit, and i was at home but did not hear anyone knock only the letter put though when the letterbox made a noise, is everything the same when its a home visit, my son was at home with me at the time and i phoned the assessment centre straight away ive got proof of the call, thanks
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 2nd Oct 19, 6:37 AM
    • 6,135 Posts
    • 5,662 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 2nd Oct 19, 6:37 AM
    • 2nd Oct 19, 6:37 AM
    You will still need to ring DWP first thing this morning when they opened. What you should have done was also ring DWP yesterday after you rang the health assessment centre.
    • teresa555
    • By teresa555 2nd Oct 19, 9:47 AM
    • 332 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    teresa555
    • 2nd Oct 19, 9:47 AM
    • 2nd Oct 19, 9:47 AM
    hi i rang dwp yesterday and was told i need to ring the assessment centre, i rang dwp this morning they said they will put a note on the system and to ring the assessment centre to get the address where i should send the letter to explain what happened regarding the visit, they said they have run out of envelopes and dont know the correct address and to send it them and they will forward it on, i dont understand why dwp and the assessment centre, cant give me the correct address where to send the letter
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 2nd Oct 19, 3:57 PM
    • 6,135 Posts
    • 5,662 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 2nd Oct 19, 3:57 PM
    • 2nd Oct 19, 3:57 PM
    Did you ask DWP if your file has been returned to them? They will definitely know if it has. If it's been returned to them then it's DWP you need to speak to and not the health assessment advisory service. Once your file has been returned to DWP it's back in the hands of them.

Seems like you're being given the "run around" I'd advise you to ring DWP again.
    • teresa555
    • By teresa555 2nd Oct 19, 10:27 PM
    • 332 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    teresa555
    • 2nd Oct 19, 10:27 PM
    • 2nd Oct 19, 10:27 PM
    hi I rang dwp again they said they was still waiting to hear from the assessment service and cant do anything till they hear from them
    i will ring them friday to see if they have heard anything, also i want to say thank you so much for your help and advice, i will update when i hear whats happening
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

112Posts Today

1,576Users online

Martin's Twitter