Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 17th Feb 19, 7:51 PM
    • 3,469Posts
    • 4,954Thanks
    ceredigion
    Santander Refer a Friend
    • 17th Feb 19, 7:51 PM
    Santander Refer a Friend 17th Feb 19 at 7:51 PM
    The Santander referral code scheme is back.
    https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/terms.php

Just going through the terms and looks like a couple can refer each other five times
Page 50
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 25th Jun 19, 10:32 AM
    • 2,413 Posts
    • 5,306 Thanks
    Zanderman
    I seem to have been inveigled into Prime which according to Amazon will start soon. And I've had the e-mail today about the 'bonanza' in mid July. I've made several attempts to cancel my order and start again hoping for the disappearance of the Prime factor, but to no avail. I've never seen the continue without Prime option nor have I ever seen the light blue thing suggested by Zanderman.

Somewhere along the line I did manage to get confirmation that my free trial would be cancelled on July 25th but trying to go back to that to take a screen shot hasn't worked.

I can't find any way of getting in touch with them, no link to customer services and what I'm worried about is them taking the £7.99 (maybe month after month) and me having to fight my case for getting it back. I have used them over the years and I've got about 8 credit card details listed, some of which are defunct, but I don't see any way of clearing them out of my account.
    Originally posted by schiff
    With respect, you don't seem to be as observant as you could be! The 'no thanks to prime' is, always, there (when you go thru checkout). You missed it, that's all.

You don't need to cancel your order to cancel prime. Just let the order be.

To cancel prime just go to your account settings. Or google it. It's really not difficult to cancel prime!!

If you google it you'll get a link to this page:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202016220

Which, I trust, will help!!
    Last edited by Zanderman; 25-06-2019 at 10:34 AM. Reason: added the when you go thru checkout
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 25th Jun 19, 10:35 AM
    • 11,668 Posts
    • 14,468 Thanks
    eskbanker
    I wonder if I can cancel all my cards and then they'd have nothing to claim from!
    I presume you mean 'cancel' as in removal from Amazon rather than literally cancelling a bunch of cards with the issuers (which would be something of an overreaction!)?

In your shoes I'd concentrate on getting written/screenshot confirmation from Amazon that the Prime trial has been cancelled rather than trying to deal with this via payment cards.
    • schiff
    • By schiff 25th Jun 19, 11:03 AM
    • 18,723 Posts
    • 10,112 Thanks
    schiff
    With respect, you don't seem to be as observant as you could be! The 'no thanks to prime' is, always, there (when you go thru checkout). You missed it, that's all.

You don't need to cancel your order to cancel prime. Just let the order be.

To cancel prime just go to your account settings. Or google it. It's really not difficult to cancel prime!!

If you google it you'll get a link to this page:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202016220

Which, I trust, will help!!
    Originally posted by Zanderman
    I know I must come over as a bit thick when it seems so easy to others. I clicked on the link you provided (TY), logged in to my account and clicked on 'To end a paid m'ship etc' - all I get is:

Hello Mr Schiff
    Your Prime m'ship will be active soon
    M'ship management

None of those 3 items are live so I can't click through them.

Where it says 'To cancel a free trial, click Cancel Free Trial on the left-hand side of the page' - lo and behold amongst all the long list of topics I don't see 'Cancel a free trial'!

I have though deleted all my payment methods (TY eskbanker).

Rather than people on here helping out a hopeless case, I think I'll continue by e-mail with them!
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 25th Jun 19, 11:13 AM
    • 8,837 Posts
    • 108,247 Thanks
    karlie88
    I seem to have been inveigled into Prime which according to Amazon will start soon. And I've had the e-mail today about the 'bonanza' in mid July. I've made several attempts to cancel my order and start again hoping for the disappearance of the Prime factor, but to no avail. I've never seen the continue without Prime option nor have I ever seen the light blue thing suggested by Zanderman.

Somewhere along the line I did manage to get confirmation that my free trial would be cancelled on July 25th but trying to go back to that to take a screen shot hasn't worked.

I can't find any way of getting in touch with them, no link to customer services and what I'm worried about is them taking the £7.99 (maybe month after month) and me having to fight my case for getting it back. I have used them over the years and I've got about 8 credit card details listed, some of which are defunct, but I don't see any way of clearing them out of my account.
    Go to the main page: www.amazon.co.uk

Hover above ' Accounts & Lists' and select 'Your Prime membership'.

You should have a message saying: 'You will lose access to your benefits on 25 July 2019, and your card will not be charged.'

If that's the case then I'd just enjoy your Prime benefits that you got for free until it expires. Lots of decent films and box sets and millions of music tracks.
    Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
    • schiff
    • By schiff 25th Jun 19, 11:24 AM
    • 18,723 Posts
    • 10,112 Thanks
    schiff
    Go to the main page: www.amazon.co.uk

Hover above ' Accounts & Lists' and select 'Your Prime membership'.

You should have a message saying: 'You will lose access to your benefits on 25 July 2019, and your card will not be charged.'

If that's the case then I'd just enjoy your Prime benefits that you got for free until it expires. Lots of decent films and box sets and millions of music tracks.
    Originally posted by karlie88
    Sorry, I just get this:

Hello Mr Schiff
    M'ship management

Again
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 25th Jun 19, 11:47 AM
    • 8,837 Posts
    • 108,247 Thanks
    karlie88
    Sorry, I just get this:

Hello Mr Schiff
    M'ship management

Again
    Is automatic renewal off? Can't help much further after that.

Amazon CS is very good though. If you do happen to get charged on 25th July, then contact them via chat or request a call back and they will refund and cancel your Prime membership (just don't use any of the Prime benefits from that date to be eligible for a refund).

Apologies to anyone with the chat wondering off topic...
    Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
    • badger09
    • By badger09 25th Jun 19, 6:34 PM
    • 7,518 Posts
    • 7,029 Thanks
    badger09
    Sorry, I just get this:

Hello Mr Schiff
    M'ship management

Again
    Is it possible that the reason you can't cancel Prime is because its not yet active? Perhaps try again tomorrow?
    • pfpf
    • By pfpf 25th Jun 19, 8:38 PM
    • 4,249 Posts
    • 2,903 Thanks
    pfpf
    anyone waiting for vouchers from claims made 4th and 5th June?
    My avatar is my life.
    • vixen1500
    • By vixen1500 27th Jun 19, 11:59 AM
    • 545 Posts
    • 1,057 Thanks
    vixen1500
    Is automatic renewal off? Can't help much further after that.

Amazon CS is very good though. If you do happen to get charged on 25th July, then contact them via chat or request a call back and they will refund and cancel your Prime membership (just don't use any of the Prime benefits from that date to be eligible for a refund).

Apologies to anyone with the chat wondering off topic...
    Originally posted by karlie88
    Still off topic, but cant find option to "chat" on Amazon

Also we had prime added a 'free trial', which was cancelled BUT found out later that they has also subscribed us to Amazon Music, didn't fi d out until £9.99 was charged to credit card. Not impressed

UPDATE

Just managed to get through on chat monies now refunded.
    Last edited by vixen1500; 27-06-2019 at 1:43 PM. Reason: Update
    Typically confused and asking for advice
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 27th Jun 19, 12:02 PM
    • 1,878 Posts
    • 1,395 Thanks
    18cc
    It is easy to call Amazon via the link on their help page in fact what happens if they call you back

in any case cancelling your credit card won't stop any payments going through because payments go through to closed credit cards

I would just ring them up and ask for their help they are usually very good
    • pfpf
    • By pfpf 3rd Jul 19, 9:06 PM
    • 4,249 Posts
    • 2,903 Thanks
    pfpf
    anyone waiting for vouchers from claims made 4th and 5th June?
    Originally posted by pfpf
    never got these so had to phone up. appears there's no record of either claim. I've been sent the spread sheet which confirms these 2 are missing so its in the hands of the promotion team.
    I am hopeful having read previous comments about the team on here.
    My avatar is my life.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 4th Jul 19, 10:56 AM
    • 2,540 Posts
    • 1,265 Thanks
    soulsaver
    never got these so had to phone up. appears there's no record of either claim. I've been sent the spread sheet which confirms these 2 are missing so its in the hands of the promotion team.
    Interesting to see their response - it's not like you can just re-submit it, being it's beyond the deadline.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 4th Jul 19, 9:15 PM
    • 7,929 Posts
    • 9,935 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan

There have been previous instances where people waited 30 days and then had to re-claim thus seems unfair if you were to miss out due to your claims not registering as should have been the case.

Equally one of mine was rejected due to having inadvertently claimed 1 code with switch that had only just started ( read wrong email) that switch paid when it should have been rejected due to claiming before switch completed this caused a code claimed 5 days before the end to be rejected, no rejection email, had rejection email been sent I would have had time to have resubmitted with a switch reference that hadnt been used.
    • Motormad
    • By Motormad 9th Jul 19, 1:26 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Motormad
    Hi all, has everyone had their amazon vouchers codes now,I think I’m still a couple short.
    • pfpf
    • By pfpf 14th Jul 19, 8:36 PM
    • 4,249 Posts
    • 2,903 Thanks
    pfpf
    I am hoping my issue is resolved tomorrow. I'll update with specifics then in case anyone else is affected in the same way.
    My avatar is my life.
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 15th Jul 19, 6:36 AM
    • 2,837 Posts
    • 5,087 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    We've had all ours...and we've spent £200 already !!! Well a girl's got to have new running shoes!!!

(amongst other things - I haven't JUST bought shoes!!)
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow " JOB DONE!!
    This should now read "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!!
    • pphillips
    • By pphillips 15th Jul 19, 6:45 PM
    • 614 Posts
    • 418 Thanks
    pphillips
    Seashell - I avoided any issues by changing my sole amazon account to a joint account. This can be done quickly online. Then both amazon vouchers redeemed by myself and my OH go into the same joint account. I realise this may not suit all couples.
    Originally posted by where are we
    Spoken to a manger at Amazon today and while you can have a joint account in a sense to access each other's prime membership and payment cards, the gift card balance if excluded because this belong to Amazon. The manager spoke to my wife to agree to transfer some of her unused gift cards over to my account but we cannot otherwise spend each other's gift card balance.
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 15th Jul 19, 8:47 PM
    • 1,524 Posts
    • 1,386 Thanks
    TheShape
    Hi all, has everyone had their amazon vouchers codes now,I think Iím still a couple short.
    Originally posted by Motormad
    I've got a couple missing. Should get an opportunity to chase up this week.
    • pfpf
    • By pfpf 19th Jul 19, 10:38 AM
    • 4,249 Posts
    • 2,903 Thanks
    pfpf
    I am hoping my issue is resolved tomorrow. I'll update with specifics then in case anyone else is affected in the same way.
    long story short.
    all vouchers now received.
    the original idea that the 2 claims had not been received turned out to be wrong. the team handing the promotion did have the details of each claim but say Santander declined both on the basis the FSWI numbers had been used already to claim the offer.

anyway, all sorted and paid now after a bit of to and from via email.

I can say the promotion team have been really good but regular chasing up is a good idea.
    My avatar is my life.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 19th Jul 19, 11:12 AM
    • 13,749 Posts
    • 152,315 Thanks
    Anon
    long story short.
    all vouchers now received.
    the original idea that the 2 claims had not been received turned out to be wrong. the team handing the promotion did have the details of each claim but say Santander declined both on the basis the FSWI numbers had been used already to claim the offer.

anyway, all sorted and paid now after a bit of to and from via email.

I can say the promotion team have been really good but regular chasing up is a good idea.
    A family member had the same issue with the same reason given (rejected by SAN as codes already used). Promo team could see this was not the case from their system with unique switch codes and RAF codes so chased up with SAN and vouchers all now received 😎. As you say, promo team have been excellent, very professional even if it took a few attempts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,636Posts Today

4,919Users online

Martin's Twitter