pphillips Posts: 1,631
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    ceredigion wrote: »
    It is.
    If it doesn't say you can't, you can.

Yes, sorry, that’s what I meant.
  • How many people can I refer?

You can refer up to five people per year......:)

Can one people be five persons five times?;)

Terrible drafting or Santander don't care as long as they 'buy' more switchers and they are willing to pay £50 per people person.

Worth a try I suppose, doubt they care as long as they get the switchers, otherwise they would offer more that £50 a pretty low incentive and demand direct debits.

It's a switcher lite offer.
  • pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    How many people can I refer?

You can refer up to five people per year......:)

Can one people be five persons five times?;)

Terrible drafting or Santander don't care as long as they 'buy' more switchers and they are willing to pay £50 per people person.

Worth a try I suppose, doubt they care as long as they get the switchers, otherwise they would offer more that £50 a pretty low incentive and demand direct debits.

It's a switcher lite offer.

I guess they've just got masses of amazon vouchers to shift that they bought at knockdown prices. If Santander don't care then I guess I don't either (as long as i get the vouchers) :beer:
  • pphillips wrote: »
    I guess they've just got masses of amazon vouchers to shift that they bought at knockdown prices. If Santander don't care then I guess I don't either (as long as i get the vouchers) :beer:

One fly in the ointment. In my experience Santander are very hot on not letting folks open multiple current accounts and so decline applications after the second account has been opened. Their online application process picks this up or did in my case in the past.

If you want to switch five external accounts into just one existing Santander account, well who knows!

If you close all the newly opened accounts then you are no longer a customer so can't refer or you still have an account so don't need a second after you just closed your second account recently.
  • whats a ynab
    You Need A Budget, a budgeting app.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • I think its better for people just to do/try to do what they would like to do and see what outcome is without continually speculating on Public Forum what outcome might be or cast one's mind back to what ever experience he/she had in the past re opening multiple accounts, lets face it others could cast minds back to when was very easy to open multiple accounts with certain current account providers including Santander for incentive reasons.

Some people have great success in opening multiple accounts whereas others dont, speculating on Public Forum wont help positive outcome, it may hinder a positive outcome, companies do read these forums.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

Some people have great success in opening multiple accounts whereas others dont, speculating on Public Forum wont help positive outcome, it may hinder a positive outcome, companies do read these forums.
    hear, hear
  • How long should it take to get your codes sent to you have completing the form? I completed it last night and haven't received anything yet?
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,045
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 19 February 2019 at 12:09PM
    How long should it take to get your codes sent to you have completing the form? I completed it last night and haven't received anything yet?

Those who filled in the form earlier part of yesterday morning seemingly received codes sometime yesterday afternoon, someone mentioned to me he requested codes yesterday afternoon hadn't received by midday today
  • davethorp
    davethorp Posts: 1,577
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    How long should it take to get your codes sent to you have completing the form? I completed it last night and haven't received anything yet?

I requested my codes at about 11:00 yesterday morning. Received them at about 16:00 yesterday afternoon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure