Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kimbersshells
    • By Kimbersshells 30th Jan 18, 9:51 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kimbersshells
    Allay claims PPI
    • 30th Jan 18, 9:51 AM
    Allay claims PPI 30th Jan 18 at 9:51 AM
    My mum was contacted by phone by Allay claims about PPI. She has previously had an IVA so I am assuming they have gained her details from that. They offered to try to reclaim PPI for her on a no win no fee basis but their fee is 36%. She didn't really know what she was doing and let them go ahead. Now their fee is 4500. is there anything we can do to get this reduced. I do feel like they pushed her into something she didn't have a clue about.
Page 2
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 26th Mar 19, 11:38 AM
    • 98,581 Posts
    • 67,056 Thanks
    dunstonh
    My wife sent her details to Allay Claims. She then changed her mind. Since then we have been constantly bombarded with calls and texts despite telling them that we do not want to hear from them.Yesterday they took my wife through the data checks. When she gave them the address, they said it was the wrong address. This is not possible as the information was sent from our current address. We trusted it because it was advertised on the MSE site.
    Allay seems to be a hard sell uncaring organisation and I suggest it is removed from the MSE site.
    Originally posted by trishandmichael
    Where have you seen a reference to MSE recommending Allay claims (or any other CMC)?

As mentioned above, MSE do not recommend any CMC. So, either she has been scammed by the claims company or she is mistaken.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 26th Mar 19, 11:51 AM
    • 24,930 Posts
    • 14,436 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    They are all hard sell uncaring organisations.
    Originally posted by -taff
    I agree.
    This is why this site does not recommend their use, nor advertise any individual firms..
    • deecusally
    • By deecusally 9th May 19, 1:47 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    deecusally
    Hi I am using another claims company but have been phoned so many times by Ally re "my claim" cottoned on they were fishing for more info each tome and denying I had sent paperwork back to them . I rang the company I am dealing with and they are still processing my case . I rang back Allaye on a different number from the most recent call from them it is the same female who recognised my phone number although I had rung a different number from them - this seems very fishy. She did say she would remove me from their system but I am still concerned about how they got my info and why the constant calls.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th May 19, 2:05 PM
    • 24,131 Posts
    • 26,858 Thanks
    zx81
    I am still concerned about how they got my info and why the constant calls.
    Originally posted by deecusally
    Once you sign up to a claims company, particularly in pre-GDPR days, you generally get added to a 'suckers list' of people who are likely to buy anything.

You'll just have to ask them all to remove your details.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 9th May 19, 2:12 PM
    • 24,930 Posts
    • 14,436 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    She did say she would remove me from their system
    Originally posted by deecusally
    I think you'll need to write to them formally requesting that they delete any records they have on you.
    • Biffa Beer Can
    • By Biffa Beer Can 16th May 19, 7:32 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Biffa Beer Can
    I do not appreciate being called a liar Nasqueron and would hope you'd take that back and apologise.
    Did you read my post properly or did you just go off on your snidey search of my record on here. I don't post on here normally because I can usually find the advice I need from friendly helpful people.

Here are the facts:
    1. I reclaimed almost 15000 from Barclays myself
    2. I thought I'd claimed everything I was due to
    3. For 5 minutes filling a form in it was worth a try in case I'd missed something.
    4. They found something I'd never heard of i.e. Money paid to Barclays by the insurance company for the business put their way
    5. I wouldn't have had that 24% in my wallet as I had no clue about the point above.
    6. I can send you the correspondence from the firm if you're still convinced I'm a liar but I'm a decent person who gets quite upset about being labelled badly by someone who clearly doesn't know me.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 17th May 19, 10:12 AM
    • 7,603 Posts
    • 4,840 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    I do not appreciate being called a liar Nasqueron and would hope you'd take that back and apologise.
    Did you read my post properly or did you just go off on your snidey search of my record on here. I don't post on here normally because I can usually find the advice I need from friendly helpful people.

Here are the facts:
    1. I reclaimed almost 15000 from Barclays myself
    2. I thought I'd claimed everything I was due to
    3. For 5 minutes filling a form in it was worth a try in case I'd missed something.
    4. They found something I'd never heard of i.e. Money paid to Barclays by the insurance company for the business put their way
    5. I wouldn't have had that 24% in my wallet as I had no clue about the point above.
    6. I can send you the correspondence from the firm if you're still convinced I'm a liar but I'm a decent person who gets quite upset about being labelled badly by someone who clearly doesn't know me.
    Originally posted by Biffa Beer Can

I didn't say you were a liar, I pointed out that you have not posted on here for 7 years but suddenly came in and posted to promote a claims firm.

Points 2/3/4 are irrelevant - you could have done this yourself simply by asking the bank, the claims firm didn't find out anything special, they just sent speculative letters out which you could have done for the price of a stamp. For the time you spent with the claims firm, all you needed to do was speak to the bank
    • -taff
    • By -taff 18th May 19, 6:58 AM
    • 10,624 Posts
    • 15,345 Thanks
    -taff
    Originally posted by Biffa Beer Can

That's a Plevin payout then, which all frims have to consider in light of the PLevin ruling. They would have got round to you eventually without the CMC
    • Pound
    • By Pound 7th Jul 19, 3:55 PM
    • 2,680 Posts
    • 1,341 Thanks
    Pound
    Allay Claims Ltd is pretending to be a woman called Angie who posts advice on Facebook. Of course every piece of advice she gives involves signing up with Allay Claims

Last edited by Pound; 07-07-2019 at 4:08 PM.

• societys child
    • By societys child 7th Jul 19, 7:57 PM
    • 6,448 Posts
    • 7,631 Thanks
    societys child
    Allay Claims Ltd is pretending to be a woman called Angie
    I agree, it's unlikely Angie exists, more likely a figment of Allay's (should that be Alley's, as in back alley's) imagination. Stay clear.
    Last edited by societys child; 07-07-2019 at 9:30 PM.

• fittaedae
    • By fittaedae 19th Sep 19, 5:42 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    fittaedae
    I am currently being harassed by this company who have all my details and say I've signed something (I have not) I got a call this evening from a very rude man who said I have to pay for the admin work if I don't agree to let them claim my 3 ppi claims from HBOS 2 X loans and 1 x credit card... I have never had any loans from HBOS or Halifax and I have a credit card but I never had ppi.... Anyone managed to get rid of these People?
    ....taking one day at a time, its all we can do!
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 19th Sep 19, 7:00 PM
    • 7,122 Posts
    • 8,355 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    I am currently being harassed by this company who have all my details and say I've signed something (I have not) I got a call this evening from a very rude man who said I have to pay for the admin work if I don't agree to let them claim my 3 ppi claims from HBOS 2 X loans and 1 x credit card... I have never had any loans from HBOS or Halifax and I have a credit card but I never had ppi.... Anyone managed to get rid of these People?
    Originally posted by fittaedae
    Just block their number.
    • rolorich
    • By rolorich 21st Sep 19, 5:07 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    rolorich
    Hi we are going through similar from this company who say my husband signed a contract with them, he did not. They even sent through a e contract copy....signature not his nor handwriting for the date. He’s a disabled war veteran with combat stress, he has no recollection of signing anything and This stress is triggering his disability
    • Saffy123
    • By Saffy123 2nd Oct 19, 10:44 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Saffy123
    Being Hassled by Allay
    Also being hassled by Allay now the are saying my 14 day cooling off period has expired and they will invoice me if I want to cancel. I certainly do not recall signing anything they said I did ! I think not. Also they say I have PPI with companies I have never had a credit card or loan with at least 5 !. I have always claimed PPI back myself and been successful. I guess I must have filled in something on line a while ago just to see if there was anything I had missed and now I can't get rid of these people, If I block their numbers they ring through on another one and constant text messages, Now I'm stressed they will invoice me even though I have not signed anything. Months ago I tried to get through to them to cancel everything, this proved impossible!.....
    • The_squirrell
    • By The_squirrell 2nd Oct 19, 11:21 AM
    • 174 Posts
    • 320 Thanks
    The_squirrell
    Its worth reading through previous posts relating to this company. Their website and "Free PPI Check" included a * which you probably missed.

It would be worth asking Allay for a copy of the Letter of Authority that they have sent to the lenders
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
    • Saffy123
    • By Saffy123 2nd Oct 19, 11:39 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Saffy123
    Allay
    Hi thanks for responding. Yes I did ask them for a copy of the contract I supposedly signed and copies from lenders who supposedly owe me money. She said I had to oontact head office, gave me the email address and phone number. The point is when I phoned them originally to try and cancel I literally couldn't get anywhere, so I feel it's probably best not to try and contact them again and add fuel to the fire, Yes I did read through the posts on here but unclear what * is for ? Assuming it's their t & c's. Also I reckon they are clutching at straws now as the PPI deadline has now passed and it's probably too late for them to do anything. I have never signed anything that was sent to me in the post either. Indeed they are telling me I had a credit card with Santander/Abbey National, I know 100% I have never had one with them ! Thanks again for responding, appreciated.
    • The_squirrell
    • By The_squirrell 2nd Oct 19, 11:50 AM
    • 174 Posts
    • 320 Thanks
    The_squirrell
    Hi thanks for responding. Yes I did ask them for a copy of the contract I supposedly signed and copies from lenders who supposedly owe me money. She said I had to oontact head office, gave me the email address and phone number. The point is when I phoned them originally to try and cancel I literally couldn't get anywhere, so I feel it's probably best not to try and contact them again and add fuel to the fire, Yes I did read through the posts on here but unclear what * is for ? Assuming it's their t & c's. Also I reckon they are clutching at straws now as the PPI deadline has now passed and it's probably too late for them to do anything. I have never signed anything that was sent to me in the post either. Indeed they are telling me I had a credit card with Santander/Abbey National, I know 100% I have never had one with them ! Thanks again for responding, appreciated.
    Originally posted by Saffy123

The * stated something along the lines of that by submitting the form, you were authorising them to proceed with an enquiry / claim.If the CMC submitted anything before the deadline, they will still be chasing it.
    It may be worth contacting Santander directly to see what details they have relating to any enquiry that may or may not have been made. This may help to put your mind at rest.
    Unfortunately, its just another example of somewhat typical CMC behaviour
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
    • Saffy123
    • By Saffy123 2nd Oct 19, 12:12 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Saffy123
    Allay
    Ok, many thanks again. I may well do that. I'm just wondering now if I haven't formally cancelled and haven't provided them with further information if they can actually invoice me. I did tell them this morning I hadn't actually received anything from them. Certainly no emails as they said that had.
    • 50tony
    • By 50tony 11th Oct 19, 1:48 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    50tony
    I have been asked by Allay claims to provide details of loan and a mortgage I took out years ago. First of all, I have never asked Allay claims to do anything for me. Secondly, I do not know where they got the information about the dates of my loan and mortgage applications from. This is worrying me. Last week I received a payout from a bank because I made a claim myself. The same day I received a bill from Allay Claims. I never asked them to do any work for me and until I received the bill I'd never heard of them. I called my bank about them. My bank apologised for telling Allay Claims about my award. Because I'd made my own claim that cancelled any third party claim. I will be asking the bank for a letter explaining what happened as I'm sure they will not let it go. Any advice would be appreciated on this.
    Last edited by 50tony; 11-10-2019 at 1:51 PM.
    • SonOf
    • By SonOf 11th Oct 19, 2:05 PM
    • 1,779 Posts
    • 2,038 Thanks
    SonOf
    Secondly, I do not know where they got the information about the dates of my loan and mortgage applications from.
    I cannot answer specifically for Allay as we don't know enough to say. However, we do know that some CMCs have been trawling the land registry data to obtain details. Names, address, mortgage lender or secured loan provider are all in the public domain part of the register.

Some CMCs have lists of consumer details. Some not obtained lawfully within the GDPR. (ex staff of previous employers holding on to records for example).

Allay themselves seem to pop up a lot when their have been previous or current bad debt arrangements.

Any advice would be appreciated on this.
    Tell Allay that you have never employed them and that an attempt to bill you for work that you never employed them to do could be considered fraud and you will not be paying.

They will either accept that or they will provide you evidence of the contract you entered into (which you say you didnt).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

163Posts Today

2,743Users online

Martin's Twitter