Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kimbersshells
    • By Kimbersshells 30th Jan 18, 9:51 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kimbersshells
    Allay claims PPI
    • 30th Jan 18, 9:51 AM
    Allay claims PPI 30th Jan 18 at 9:51 AM
    My mum was contacted by phone by Allay claims about PPI. She has previously had an IVA so I am assuming they have gained her details from that. They offered to try to reclaim PPI for her on a no win no fee basis but their fee is 36%. She didn't really know what she was doing and let them go ahead. Now their fee is £4500. is there anything we can do to get this reduced. I do feel like they pushed her into something she didn't have a clue about.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 30th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    • 24,174 Posts
    • 26,900 Thanks
    zx81
    • 30th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    • 30th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    Did she get any redress paid to her, or has it all gone to her creditors?
    • Kimbersshells
    • By Kimbersshells 30th Jan 18, 10:29 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kimbersshells
    • 30th Jan 18, 10:29 AM
    • 30th Jan 18, 10:29 AM
    I think it will be being sent to her.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 30th Jan 18, 10:31 AM
    • 24,174 Posts
    • 26,900 Thanks
    zx81
    • 30th Jan 18, 10:31 AM
    • 30th Jan 18, 10:31 AM
    She'll need to pay it then, as she signed the contract. It's only if she had been ineligible to get redress she may have had a way out.

At least she saved on the cost of a stamp, and they're not cheap these days.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 30th Jan 18, 11:26 AM
    • 24,942 Posts
    • 14,448 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 30th Jan 18, 11:26 AM
    • 30th Jan 18, 11:26 AM
    They offered to try to reclaim PPI for her on a no win no fee basis but their fee is 36%. She didn't really know what she was doing and let them go ahead. Now their fee is £4500. is there anything we can do to get this reduced?
    Originally posted by Kimbersshells
    No.
    That's the fee your Mum signed a legally-binding contract agreeing to and that's the amount she will now be invoiced for.

Failure to pay in full will result in debt collectors and ultimately court. I'm certain your mother won't want to repeat her earlier debt problems.

Is she definitely getting all the PPI redress? Has she checked with her IVA company?
    • messyhead
    • By messyhead 4th Feb 18, 11:37 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    messyhead
    • 4th Feb 18, 11:37 AM
    • 4th Feb 18, 11:37 AM
    I started with Allay, and they sent me consent letters for the various financial organisations. But I'm not going to proceed with them, as 36% seems pretty steep, and I've since started contacting providers myself.
    • Mermaid89
    • By Mermaid89 5th Feb 18, 9:17 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Mermaid89
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:17 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:17 PM
    If you!!!8217;ve historically been insolvent expect this payment to go to the IVA company. Due to the green vs Wright case you may not see these funds and the IVA company will pay Allay for their work and rest divided between creditors.
    • Kirky9999
    • By Kirky9999 16th Jan 19, 5:32 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kirky9999
    • 16th Jan 19, 5:32 PM
    Stay away from Allay
    • 16th Jan 19, 5:32 PM
    Donít go anywhere near Allay. I instructed them months ago to act on my behalf and have only had a couple of automated emails to say they have found 2 PPI for me. I have chased and chased for an update but nothing. I had paperwork from one of the banks followed by numerous calls. I emailed Allay to ask what exactly are they doing as the bank are in touch more than them but again no response. Not entirely sure what they are charging commission for as they havenít done a thing
    • zx81
    • By zx81 16th Jan 19, 5:36 PM
    • 24,174 Posts
    • 26,900 Thanks
    zx81
    • 16th Jan 19, 5:36 PM
    • 16th Jan 19, 5:36 PM

Not entirely sure what they are charging commission for as they havenít done a thing
    Originally posted by Kirky9999
    The same as all claims company.

They bought the stamp and posted your form for you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 17th Jan 19, 12:46 AM
    • 24,942 Posts
    • 14,448 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Yet another thread bump?
    This is beyond ridiculous..
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 17th Jan 19, 9:27 AM
    • 7,603 Posts
    • 4,840 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    Yet another thread bump?
    This is beyond ridiculous..
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude

The problem is that people seem to dislike creating new posts, they search for an existing post mentioning their issue and just reply to that, no idea why really. Could do with a blanket lock on any post more than say 6 months old
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 17th Jan 19, 11:00 AM
    • 24,942 Posts
    • 14,448 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    The problem is that people seem to dislike creating new posts
    Originally posted by Nasqueron
    If that is the only reason, why has this only emerged as a "problem" only lately I wonder?

The forum is so quiet nowadays I often wonder how genuine are the posts which do appear. (Not that this particular thread is suspicious I should add).

Or maybe I'm just an old cynic.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 17th Jan 19, 11:52 AM
    • 7,603 Posts
    • 4,840 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    If that is the only reason, why has this only emerged as a "problem" only lately I wonder?

The forum is so quiet nowadays I often wonder how genuine are the posts which do appear. (Not that this particular thread is suspicious I should add).

Or maybe I'm just an old cynic.
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude

There are plenty of people who post on here by bumping old threads, even if not "old, old" ones, or hop on other posts for a similar issue, I think it's just more noticeable now as the forum is quiet
    • Kirky9999
    • By Kirky9999 23rd Feb 19, 8:39 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kirky9999
    Hmmmmm
    Maybe there are people aroeund that just sit on forums to fill their lonely lives?!
    • -taff
    • By -taff 23rd Feb 19, 10:14 AM
    • 10,632 Posts
    • 15,401 Thanks
    -taff
    If you did instruct Allay, send them an e-mail to say you're cancelling. You can probably expect an e-mail back pretty quickly with a charge for the 'work' they've done.
    Read your T&Cs to see what they say.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 23rd Feb 19, 9:18 PM
    • 24,942 Posts
    • 14,448 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Maybe there are people aroeund that just sit on forums to fill their lonely lives?!
    Originally posted by Kirky9999
    While others are busy employing Claim Companies to make complaints that they can easily make themselves and paying an exorbitant amount of money for the "privilege"
    Bumping this ancient thread really is the least of your problems..
    • trishandmichael
    • By trishandmichael 26th Mar 19, 10:08 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    trishandmichael
    Allay Claims
    My wife sent her details to Allay Claims. She then changed her mind. Since then we have been constantly bombarded with calls and texts despite telling them that we do not want to hear from them.Yesterday they took my wife through the data checks. When she gave them the address, they said it was the wrong address. This is not possible as the information was sent from our current address. We trusted it because it was advertised on the MSE site.
    Allay seems to be a hard sell uncaring organisation and I suggest it is removed from the MSE site.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 26th Mar 19, 11:24 AM
    • 7,603 Posts
    • 4,840 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    My wife sent her details to Allay Claims. She then changed her mind. Since then we have been constantly bombarded with calls and texts despite telling them that we do not want to hear from them.Yesterday they took my wife through the data checks. When she gave them the address, they said it was the wrong address. This is not possible as the information was sent from our current address. We trusted it because it was advertised on the MSE site.
    Allay seems to be a hard sell uncaring organisation and I suggest it is removed from the MSE site.
    Originally posted by trishandmichael

MSE categorically do not advertise PPI firms, the mantra has always been to do it yourself. Forum posts on the MSE site are not endorsements of using a firm.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 26th Mar 19, 11:26 AM
    • 24,942 Posts
    • 14,448 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Originally posted by trishandmichael
    Since no claim company is allowed to advertise on the MSE site, you appear to have been in error.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 26th Mar 19, 11:32 AM
    • 10,632 Posts
    • 15,401 Thanks
    -taff
    They are all hard sell uncaring organisations.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,324Posts Today

7,321Users online

Martin's Twitter