Allay claims PPI

Options
My mum was contacted by phone by Allay claims about PPI. She has previously had an IVA so I am assuming they have gained her details from that. They offered to try to reclaim PPI for her on a no win no fee basis but their fee is 36%. She didn't really know what she was doing and let them go ahead. Now their fee is £4500. is there anything we can do to get this reduced. I do feel like they pushed her into something she didn't have a clue about.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Did she get any redress paid to her, or has it all gone to her creditors?
  • Kimbersshells
    Options
    I think it will be being sent to her.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    She'll need to pay it then, as she signed the contract. It's only if she had been ineligible to get redress she may have had a way out.

At least she saved on the cost of a stamp, and they're not cheap these days.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    They offered to try to reclaim PPI for her on a no win no fee basis but their fee is 36%. She didn't really know what she was doing and let them go ahead. Now their fee is £4500. is there anything we can do to get this reduced?
    No.
    That's the fee your Mum signed a legally-binding contract agreeing to and that's the amount she will now be invoiced for.

Failure to pay in full will result in debt collectors and ultimately court. I'm certain your mother won't want to repeat her earlier debt problems.

Is she definitely getting all the PPI redress? Has she checked with her IVA company?
  • messyhead
    Options
    I started with Allay, and they sent me consent letters for the various financial organisations. But I'm not going to proceed with them, as 36% seems pretty steep, and I've since started contacting providers myself.
  • Mermaid89
    Options
    If you!!!8217;ve historically been insolvent expect this payment to go to the IVA company. Due to the green vs Wright case you may not see these funds and the IVA company will pay Allay for their work and rest divided between creditors.
  • Kirky9999
    Options
    Don’t go anywhere near Allay. I instructed them months ago to act on my behalf and have only had a couple of automated emails to say they have found 2 PPI for me. I have chased and chased for an update but nothing. I had paperwork from one of the banks followed by numerous calls. I emailed Allay to ask what exactly are they doing as the bank are in touch more than them but again no response. Not entirely sure what they are charging commission for as they haven’t done a thing
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Kirky9999 wrote: »

Not entirely sure what they are charging commission for as they haven’t done a thing

The same as all claims company.

They bought the stamp and posted your form for you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yet another thread bump?
    This is beyond ridiculous..
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yet another thread bump?
    This is beyond ridiculous..

The problem is that people seem to dislike creating new posts, they search for an existing post mentioning their issue and just reply to that, no idea why really. Could do with a blanket lock on any post more than say 6 months old
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback