Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Claiming deceased parents shares
    • #1
    • 8th Jun 12, 10:39 PM
    Claiming deceased parents shares 8th Jun 12 at 10:39 PM
    Hi, I wondered if you can answer a question as I am at a loss on where to go, My wifes father passed away 2005 and we have just came across two cheques for a fair amount of money, it looks like he had shares but the cheques are dated 2006, we came across them as we where clearing out loft where most things where put after his death, somehow these cheques were not seen. due to the time difference and was some time ago is it possible to claim these?
    Thank you in advance


    Paul (scotland)
Page 1
  • brambram
    • #2
    • 9th Jun 12, 12:09 PM
    • #2
    • 9th Jun 12, 12:09 PM
    Hi I am not an advisor or anything, but you can contact the share registrare (sp). If there are unclaimed shares contact the company, for they will have all the details and information about if you can claim this money.
    Last edited by brambram; 09-06-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    • thor
    • By thor 9th Jun 12, 8:06 PM
    • 5,302 Posts
    • 1,900 Thanks
    • #3
    • 9th Jun 12, 8:06 PM
    • #3
    • 9th Jun 12, 8:06 PM
    As BramBram says, contact the share register and they should tell you what to do. If you have probate then shares and unclaimed dividends will be transferred over free of charge. If you don't have probate then there will be a fee for transferring.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,602Posts Today

7,881Users online

Martin's Twitter