Recent CitiBank Applicant?

Comments

• PJHilder
    PJHilder Posts: 155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Overdraft, debit card and cheque guarantee card are only available to persons over 18 years and with direct deposit of salary or regular monthly credits of at least £1,500.

£1500 a month just to get a normal debit card!?

That's me out then. :(
  • Ant84
    Ant84 Posts: 117 Forumite
    sgx.saint wrote:
    What additional form of ID do you need to send in?

Not sure. Your best bet would be to ring them tomorrow and ask, as I wouldn't like to give you useless advice.
  • Ant84
    Ant84 Posts: 117 Forumite
    PJHilder wrote:
    £1500 a month just to get a normal debit card!?

That's me out then. :(

Have a look on Moneysupermaket at their current account comparisons. Click of Citibank near the bottom and have a look. It states no minimum monthly deposit required and that a minimum salary deposit is only required for chequebooks and overdrafts.
  • PJHilder
    PJHilder Posts: 155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ant84 wrote:
    Have a look on Moneysupermaket at their current account comparisons. Click of Citibank near the bottom and have a look. It states no minimum monthly deposit required and that a minimum salary deposit is only required for chequebooks and overdrafts.

Hmm. Their site says it's needed for debit cards as well. I'll apply anyway and see what they say. :confused:
  • nannis
    nannis Posts: 270 Forumite
    Hi all, I applied online and have received all the gumpf and the letter explaining what to do next...Is this still subject to credit checks or has that bit already been done??
    Just dont wanna get my hopes up if its just gonna be another big fat NO :o
    I got turned down by co-op bank, all I want is a debit card!!!
    Also another question...when you apply to banks does this come up on your credit rating as declined??
    Mrs Storey :) xx

• nannis wrote:
    Hi all, I applied online and have received all the gumpf and the letter explaining what to do next...Is this still subject to credit checks or has that bit already been done??
    Just dont wanna get my hopes up if its just gonna be another big fat NO :o
    I got turned down by co-op bank, all I want is a debit card!!!
    Also another question...when you apply to banks does this come up on your credit rating as declined??

Unsure on the first question...sorry... forum members who said they have porr credit ratings have been able to open these though, so you may be OK.

Second question...if you have been refused for credit, I think it shos up on your credit file for at least 6 month...though I am sure someone else can tell you in more detail
    £2 Coin Savers Club (Christmas)- £86
    £1 Jar (Christmas)- £29
    Christmas Vouchers Saved: £145
  • I'll let everyone know how I get on cause my credits the worst ever, I never get accepted for anything! I'm hoping I get it but doubt very much I will, sent my stuff off on Saturday, fingers crosed
  • sgx.saint
    sgx.saint Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    when you apply to banks does this come up on your credit rating as declined??

No credit search shows the banks/creditors end decision. Just that the actual search took place and usually the type of credit applied for.
  • sgx.saint
    sgx.saint Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ok, just a quick update regarding CitiBank.

I telephoned their switchboard today on 0207 500 5000 and asked to be through to 'New Applications'.

I advised the personal banker that I spoke to that I had the application form in front of me and that I did not have a cheque book to send a cheque.

I was advised just to send the requested ID along with a letter stating that I did not have a cheque book and they should still be able to process the application no problem at all.

Hope that helps anyone else who is in the application stages.
  • I also phoned them today, though not on that number.

Advised to send a cover letter and if I could get one, a photocopy of my passport phot page although he did say this was not essential.

The advisor told me the cheque is for name and signature verification only.
    £2 Coin Savers Club (Christmas)- £86
    £1 Jar (Christmas)- £29
    Christmas Vouchers Saved: £145
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills