Recent CitiBank Applicant?

Options

Comments

• sgx.saint
    sgx.saint Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmm, well I'll wait and see what happens with my application and feedback to the forum :)
  • Ant84
    Ant84 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    I've heard they're issuing Electron cards now from someone I know that has an account with them and has one himself. I hope this isn't the case as the sole reason I wanted the account was for a proper Visa debit card.
  • sgx.saint
    Options
    Guess we'll find out. :)
  • moonlightpjs
    Options
    Don't know what to do now - I only applied because of a thread stating they issued a visa debit card and cheque book. Got my Pin Number this morning so hopefully the "card" wont be far behind so will let you all know what it is when I recieve it. When I called them they said they only issued Visa Debit cards but I think the call centre is not in England and it was hard to understand exactly what was been said. Can you use an Electron card online? This was the main reason for me needing a Visa Debit Card.

Well, I can only wait and see - as for the cheque book, surely they issue one when the account is opened so they can't be sure if you will deposit more than £1500 every month?

Don't understand all this really.
  • moonlightpjs
    Options
    Just had a thought but don't know if its ethical or whatever but can't you just draw the money out and pay it back in a day later and so on?
    In effect you would be depositing the required amount.
  • sgx.saint
    Options
    Keep us informed and I shall do the same! :)
  • moonlightpjs
    Options
    Hello everyone

Just thought I'd post with regards the Citibank account. Have received a Visa Debit Card from them this morning and cheque book but the card is not also a cheque garrantee card, just a basic Visa Debit but I, for one, am happy with that.

Hope this helps anyone who is considering Citibank/or has applied.
  • sgx.saint
    Options
    Thankyou for the update Weller. Nice to hear.

Will also post when I receive all my items too.
  • loneranger
    Options
    I have received my visa debit card but they have not paid my cheque into the account, not received cheque book yet either.
    Mutual Supporters club member (Nov 2006)

:EasterBun
  • sgx.saint
    Options
    You don't need a cheque, you just need to supply them with an additional form of ID. I have the same problem and phoned them yesterday - that's what they said to me.

What additional form of ID do you need to send in?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure