Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Poppycat
    • By Poppycat 18th Feb 06, 10:53 AM
    • 12,645Posts
    • 9,571Thanks
    Poppycat
    Charitable links to raise money FREE (please view and click)
    • 18th Feb 06, 10:53 AM
    Charitable links to raise money FREE (please view and click) 18th Feb 06 at 10:53 AM
    To read an introduction and explanation about these sites, read Martin's article Feed the Starving for free.

Charitable links please take time to support all of these worthy causes.

Easyjet All you need to do is click on the logo at the bottom and easyJet will donate 25p to The Anthony Nolan Trust.
    The Anthony Nolan Trust is an independent charity that takes back lives from leukaemia by providing bone marrow donors to patients in need of transplants. Last year alone, we saved over 500 men, women and children who might have otherwise died.

CMT All you need to do is do a search and carry it through using the [sponsored result].
    CMT United Kingdom is the national support group for people affected by Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease - a rare neuro-muscular condition affecting the legs/feet, and arms/hands. It is a progressive condition, and as yet, there is no cure.
    My daughter has this condition.More info here

Feed the starving Your click helps feed the hungry with the value of 1.1 cups of staple food. Please click every day

Become a donor join the NHS Organ Donor Register.
    Today more than 8,000 people in the UK need an organ transplant that could save or dramatically improve their life. Most are waiting for a kidney, others for a heart, lung or liver transplant. But less than 3,000 transplants are carried out each year. Example of people are desperate for help, please see this HERE

Transplants are one of the most miraculous achievements of modern medicine. But they depend entirely on the generosity of donors and their families who are willing to make this life-saving gift to others. .

NSPCC New Every search carried out on this special MSN Search charity site makes a direct donation to the NSPCC. It doesn't cost you anything. All you do is search as normal, but using the special charity search engine. So get clicking and get everyone you know clicking too! Together, we can raise thousands for children that desperately need help

If anyone would like a charity added (where it can raise money like the links above) please post here with a link and brief description. The links has to be free of course. Thank you.

Please take time to click on the other links in this thread
    Last edited by Poppycat; 12-04-2006 at 5:15 PM.
Page 2
    • Paulee
    • By Paulee 1st Mar 06, 10:11 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Paulee
    Thanks Poppycat, Buddhabellybutton, I've added these to my daily "click list".

Does anyone know of a similar link for Diabetes UK please?

My 17 year old daughter is an insulin dependant diabetic and has been from the age of nine. Resources in Shropshire are spread very thinly throughout our local health system. Diabetes can be the cause of many severe ailments in later life, such as heart desease, kidney failure, limb loss etc., that add tremendous demands to our health system and the incidence of type 1 diabetes in children is rising at an alarming rate throughout the world.

WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS FIRST DIAGNOSED THE INCIDENCE OF CHILDHOOD DIABETES HAD QUADRUPLED IN THE PREVIOUS 10 YEARS! This dreadful statistic countinues to grow.

Many families in my area have tried to point out to the health authority that money spent now, in better care and education of sufferers, really would save money in the long term and prove to be a very worthy investment. Our comments have had little effect over the years and staff and resources continue to be cut. Unfortunately, it is the same old story. Investment now is for a long term gain; politicians and the like, running public services, generally only practice short term "quick fixes" that affect their period in office.
    • Paulee
    • By Paulee 2nd Mar 06, 8:46 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Paulee
    Hi Buddhabellybutton & Poppycat,

I've just noticed that you've thanked me for this message. I'm thrilled and touched that you thought it worthy of thanks - I was a bit worried that I'd rambled on a bit!

Thanks,

Paul.
    • Poppycat
    • By Poppycat 2nd Mar 06, 11:14 AM
    • 12,645 Posts
    • 9,571 Thanks
    Poppycat
    Hi Paul. That's no problem, its a very worthy cause you mentioned and one which I would gladly support. As you said sadly Diabetes is rising along with asthma which I also suffer from.

I cant help but feel that with our unhealthily diets, lack of exercise and stuck in sealed homes whether this contributes to it. Something is going wrong anyhow.

I think we all know at least someone who has either disability, I do hope that there is one day a cure both can be killers.

• Poppycat
    • By Poppycat 2nd Mar 06, 11:16 AM
    • 12,645 Posts
    • 9,571 Thanks
    Poppycat
    I just found this link on there web site

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/news/feb06/obesity.htm

"Childhood obesity on the rise

More than one in four children aged between two and ten is oveweight or obese, according to a report from the National Audit Office, the Healthcare Commission and Audit Commission."

• smartiepants
    • By smartiepants 2nd Mar 06, 10:21 PM
    • 491 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    smartiepants
    Bump up for this worthy thread. xxxx
    Make it happen (old signature)

Making it happen (NEW Signature Jan 2009)
    • moneywasternomore!
    • By moneywasternomore! 3rd Mar 06, 12:49 AM
    • 333 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    moneywasternomore!
    Great idea. Finally got round to doing something I've always meant to do.
    • smartiepants
    • By smartiepants 3rd Mar 06, 10:13 AM
    • 491 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    smartiepants
    I'm sure no-one minds me keep bumping this one up, but if you do, just tell me. xxxx

• Poppycat
    • By Poppycat 3rd Mar 06, 10:39 AM
    • 12,645 Posts
    • 9,571 Thanks
    Poppycat
    No please keep it bumped. It keeps disappearing as the forum is very busy. It doesn't cost us nowt and gives us a nice warm feeling inside that we are helping others.

I do some charity work (help people unable to walk far to wherever they want to go) so I no all to well that it does make a difference.

• smartiepants
    • By smartiepants 3rd Mar 06, 11:20 AM
    • 491 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    smartiepants
    Good for you Poppycat, another selfless act.

• twink
    • By twink 3rd Mar 06, 12:36 PM
    • 3,806 Posts
    • 26,264 Thanks
    twink
    twink
    have made a note to click every day thanks for letting people know.
    • Paulee
    • By Paulee 3rd Mar 06, 5:42 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Paulee
    I just found this link on there web site

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/news/feb06/obesity.htm

"Childhood obesity on the rise

More than one in four children aged between two and ten is oveweight or obese, according to a report from the National Audit Office, the Healthcare Commission and Audit Commission."
    by Poppycat

Hi Poppycat,

Thanks for your comments and your link to Diabetes UK. I agree, I'm pretty sure that there is probably something in the food, water, air etc (probably chemical additives) that are responsible for triggering a lot of these increasingly common disorders.

However, insulin dependant type 1 diabetes is not related to diet or lifestyle. It is believed that it can be triggered by such things as a bad virus, an accident, shock, or even stress. This is different to type 2 diabetes which is usually caused by being overweight. This is normally associated with people over 40 years of age, but is increasingly occuring in young, obese, children. In some parts of the world, particularly in the Asian and Afro-Carribean populations, type 2 is increasing extremely rapidly, almost to epidemic levels.

In my search for a "click to give" web site for diabetes I have mailed and received an encouraging response, from the people behind the "Hunger" site we are so familiar with. I have not found anything that answers my query yet, but I will keep on looking.

Thanks, once again,

Paul.
  • sirocco72
    Hi

I use the everyclick search engine to help raise money for the Gipsy Moth project, instead of searching using Google, carry out a search using everyclick and each search raises money for your selected charity.

Here's the link I use: http://www.everyclick.com/uk/gipsymothiv/

If you have a local or national charity that you support that's registered with everyclick, you can raise money for them instead.

Ben
  • Buddhabellybutton
    Hi

I use the everyclick search engine to help raise money for the Gipsy Moth project, instead of searching using Google, carry out a search using everyclick and each search raises money for your selected charity.

Here's the link I use: http://www.everyclick.com/uk/gipsymothiv/

If you have a local or national charity that you support that's registered with everyclick, you can raise money for them instead.

Ben
    by sirocco72
    Nice one sirocco72 I like the idea of that one it is now my default search engine.

Peace and Love.

Buddhabellybutton
    Peace Of Heaven
    • smartiepants
    • By smartiepants 4th Mar 06, 7:35 AM
    • 491 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    smartiepants
    Bump up again for this worthy thread. come on everyone, get clicking.

• ayla261
    • By ayla261 4th Mar 06, 2:00 PM
    • 440 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    ayla261
    will def b clicking on these regularly, i may not be able to offer them money but if thhis helps then its no problem at all
    This time next year Rodney...
  • Sallys Savings
    thanks for this, I've got a sticky note on my computer to remind me
    • Nikiya
    • By Nikiya 5th Mar 06, 9:25 AM
    • 517 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    Nikiya
    Help with a click
    This is a site that has been on for quite some time. They feed poor children in Argentina (and are always short of sponsors!):

www.porloschicos.com

You have to click on the circle that says "GRATIS" (free).

Also, I would like to publish something I received today:

"Please tell ten friends to tell ten today! The Breast Cancer site is having
    trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet their
    quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged
    woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on "donating
    a mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle).

This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use
    the number of daily visits to donate mammogram
    in exchange for advertising.

Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know. "
    http://www.thebreastcancersite.com

Thanks for your help!
  • tigermatt

CMT All you need to do is do a search and carry it through using the [sponsored result].
    CMT United Kingdom is the national support group for people affected by Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease - a rare neuro-muscular condition affecting the legs/feet, and arms/hands. It is a progressive condition, and as yet, there is no cure.
    My daughter has this condition.More info here
    by Poppycat
    This is a great idea Poppycat! Thanks for posting it.
    • Poppycat
    • By Poppycat 7th Mar 06, 2:02 AM
    • 12,645 Posts
    • 9,571 Thanks
    Poppycat
    Keep the good work up guys. Every bit helps

• Mr X
    Click click click
    It only takes a couple of mins at the start of the day.
    Get into the habit
    ... and this is the world that we are leaving for all our children.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

174Posts Today

2,284Users online

Martin's Twitter