Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Andrea
    • By Former MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    • 9,418Posts
    • 22,339Thanks
    Former MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 2:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 9:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 231
    • ctdctd
    • By ctdctd 30th Sep 19, 7:33 AM
    • 925 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    ctdctd
    Is there any reason why my Amazon purchases don't track? And yes, I've checked they're in the qualifying categories.

All my other cashback purchases work fine, but I've just had to submit several claims for missing cashback from Amazon as nothing shows up - the last time it showed up was May (that'll teach me to check my earnings more often!)
    Originally posted by Spoonie Turtle

Same question from me as well.

Three Amazon purchases up to early August tracked. Three since then have not tracked and I've had to raise a claim.
    I use Chrome solely for cashback, no blockers and clear everything on exit. eBay continues to track fine.
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey everyone,

@anniecave – I can confirm it was 10% for Dell computers but there was a different rate available for click and collect and so if you took part in this you may have been only eligible for the lower rate.

@pdx123 – I am sorry this has been declined and will see if we have an initial declined reason if you email us at mse@topcashback.co.uk . We do not guarantee we can dispute any decision you feel has been made incorrect but we will do this whenever this option is available to us.

While it would be good to have the option to dispute even after a retailer has left the system, at the same time that would require having staff still at the retailer to work on a system that has been closed down and so it would be not something the retailer would commit to.

@ether – we will always help our members as much as we can but at the same time we won’t make promises we can
    Perhaps I can give you some information if you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk / Speaking hypothetically over a forum, without seeing an account can only speak generally and not about specific reasons why things happened.
    We email all members about the Plus Member and also pop amessage on their account. In addition, if they miss the 30 days grace period, we can also help should they reach out to us.
    We promise to give our members the money that is passed on to them. It’s listed in our terms that we do this and also listed on every retailer listed in our site. I am sorry if you gained a different idea of what we do but we do our best to make this clear.

@ctdctd – Normally the cause for Amazon not tracking is that a purchase has been made that doesn’t fit into the categories that amazon offer cashback on. It is worth double checking this as it’s based on Amazon’s own categories and sometimes something you may think comes under technology, actually comes under home and garden.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 1st Oct 19, 11:02 AM
    • 7,689 Posts
    • 11,309 Thanks
    KxMx
    I had two Amazon transactions move from Paid to Declined recently.

I have claimed for these but I honestly thought once cashback reached Paid status it was safe.
    Hi everyone,

@KxMx - when it's marked as paid it does mean the retailer has paid for this. It should be very, very rare for there to be an error with reporting or if the retailer has requested the money back.

As I say such a situation is very rare and I am sorry this has affected you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • JAG
    • By JAG 1st Oct 19, 8:01 PM
    • 1,241 Posts
    • 1,386 Thanks
    JAG
    Had a recent 2.50 bonus offer which was activated but still no signs of the bonus tracking despite the purchase tracking. However, the one purchase was spilt into two.

Not sure whether I need to submit a support ticket or not because it states "In the event your purchase has been split into several transactions, don't worry. The bonus should track by the time your purchase is payable"

So Matt, do I need to submit a ticket for the missing bonus?
    • giblet74
    • By giblet74 3rd Oct 19, 6:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    giblet74
    Agoda Cashback
    I'm just wondering if anyone else has had an experience with getting cash back from Agoda - I've been waiting over a year now and it's "disappeared" from my account. Luckily I logged a ticket but it's going no-where fast ... help!
    Hey everyone ,

@JAG – If it’s after seven days from the end of the bonus then we would expect this to track and so please either pop in a ticket or drop me an email on mse@topcashback.co.uk and I’ll check this out.

@giblet74 – I am sorry this has been declined. Many members have earned cashback with this retailer while it’s been on site. Some of the time you’ve waited will come down to how far in advance you booked as the retailer won’t start to progress the cashback until after the stay has been completed.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • the_right_stuff
    • By the_right_stuff 4th Oct 19, 2:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    the_right_stuff
    Deleted Account
    Hi

I've emailed TC but not had a response.

Please can you help.

Thanks
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 4th Oct 19, 4:19 PM
    • 12,983 Posts
    • 28,990 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    I had two Amazon transactions move from Paid to Declined recently.

I have claimed for these but I honestly thought once cashback reached Paid status it was safe.
    Originally posted by KxMx
    How does that work then?

If you have already claimed the money is your account in a negative?
    • Marvel1
    • By Marvel1 4th Oct 19, 5:18 PM
    • 4,505 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    Marvel1
    I think mytopcashback account has been hacked.

Tried my normal email address and usual passwords, nothing, forgot password link, no email, starting to worry and tested a new member sign up and allowed my email address to register (now deactivated).

I found through history on a different browsers myself logged in but cannot check profile as wants me to log in.

Now I'm worried about the "earnings" tab, no idea what it means:
    Payable: 1.81
    Claimed: 263.74

I'm hoping it's not what I think it means, payable is what is left to transfer to myself and claimed is already done - as there is at least 100 not transferred to myelf

I have done an email though the contact on the site about my account.
    Last edited by Marvel1; 04-10-2019 at 5:24 PM.
    Hi everyone,

@the_right_stuff - all emails sent to our mailbox here (mse@topcashback.co.uk) have been replied to as expected and so if you haven’t had a reply unfortunately this has not been received.

@POPPYOSCAR – We avoid doing this unless we do have no choice. If possible we ensure our members are not out of pocket but there may be a rare occasion where we have no choice.

@Marvel1 – please email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk and I will investigate this thoroughly for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 9th Oct 19, 8:36 PM
    • 7,689 Posts
    • 11,309 Thanks
    KxMx
    How does that work then?

If you have already claimed the money is your account in a negative?
    Originally posted by POPPYOSCAR
    I hadn't claimed, it just meant my payable balance went down.
    • Clarkeypops
    • By Clarkeypops 10th Oct 19, 11:26 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Clarkeypops
    Duplicate Account Closed
    Hi all,

First post and some advice would be greatly appreciated. I set up a new TopCashback account a month or so ago, I hadn't realised at the time that I actually had a previous account already with TopCashback, but had never used it before (registered to a different email address). I used the new account and accrued a fair amount of pending balance on it, however the account got closed down - I presume because it was identified as a duplicate (same address, etc.). After this happened I reset my password for the old account and have been using that since.

I don't want to risk losing my 'old'/current account as I have used it quite a lot now. But it is a bit annoying as when the 'new' account got shut down it had a pending balance on it. Should I contact TopCashback, would they transfer the balance over? Or is this risky and highlighting the multiple accounts could risk me losing my current account (plus balance)?

i hadn't realised there was an issue with having multiple accounts on there.

Thanks.
    Hey everyone,

@Clarkeypops – please do email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can check out this situation for you.

Matt
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 11th Oct 19, 10:26 PM
    • 4,121 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    Anyone else having issues with TopCashback not tracking things?

I referred my wife to TopCashback and some of the things she clicks through for track no problem. eBay, JustEat - no problems.

Recently clicked through on a few merchants and 3 of them just didn't track at all and i suspect perhaps a 4th didn't although we're not 100% sure if we actually used TCB for that transaction so we let that one go. The 3 that didn't track most certainly were clicked through. She filed in a missing cashback claim to be told

After looking into your claim further I can see that we have been provided with a resolution.

Regrettably, your claim has been declined. This is due to the network agency not identifying TopCashback as the last referrer for your transaction.

Not 100% on what that means. I get the impression it means some other website referred her or perhaps she didn't use TopCashback (although if the latter was the case then why are these merchants listed when she clicks for missing casback??).

I know for 100% that TCB was used, loaded, "Get Cashback" was clicked and then items bought/accounts opened via the page that popped up because i was the one who actually did the signing up & the buying and i've been using TCB for years so i think i know how to use it.

Just at a loss as to why it's suddenly stopped tracking anything worthwhile (other than eBay). I haven't change any browser settings.

• Clarkeypops
    • By Clarkeypops 13th Oct 19, 3:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Clarkeypops
    Thanks Matt I will email you now.
    Hey everyone,

@JustAnotherSaver – Not last referrer means another site has gained the commission we’re paid and pass back to you. It may be another cashback site but could also be a wide variety of sites like voucher code sites, search engines and other sites that display ads.

These cookies can be picked up while using our site if you have other web tabs open and can also be picked up before using our site.

If the tracking has suddenly stopped it’s worth checking what’s changed on your device around that time, such as a browser, operating system update or a new programme being installed as this can be the cause.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 14th Oct 19, 6:32 PM
    • 4,121 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    Hey everyone,

@JustAnotherSaver Not last referrer means another site has gained the commission were paid and pass back to you. It may be another cashback site but could also be a wide variety of sites like voucher code sites, search engines and other sites that display ads.

These cookies can be picked up while using our site if you have other web tabs open and can also be picked up before using our site.

If the tracking has suddenly stopped its worth checking whats changed on your device around that time, such as a browser, operating system update or a new programme being installed as this can be the cause.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    I wouldn't mind but it tracks other (low cashback) things. eBay tracks no problem, Just Eat tracks no problem. I had a Just Eat track only this time last week no problem. These higher cashback merchants for some reason aren't tracking.
    The computer used is the same, the browser used is the same, no new programs have been installed.

As it was myself who went through the process (just on my wifes TCB account) i know exactly how it was done - like every single other cashback click-through that i've done, bar none.

I am only registered with one other cashback site - Quidco, but i haven't used them in yonks as TCB pays more 99.9% of the time.

Tabs is something i do use - such as now, i have this tab open in FireFox and another tab open also (another forum page from this board), but again this is nothing unusual as this is how i browse. So when i apply for the eBay and Just Eat cashback through TCB i will certainly have other tabs open as well at the time, yet they track and become payable with no issue.

Hey,

@JustAnotherSaver - Tabs can affect tracking, they won’t always it just depends on what you’ve been doing beforehand. For example, with insurance people tend to view comparison sites, other sites with ads etc. Whereas for take aways it’s harder to pick cookies like that up accidentally.

All we can say is if it’s been declined as the funds have been passed on elsewhere. We’re rarely told who has been paid instead of us but if they are paid we won’t be paid any money.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 16th Oct 19, 9:37 PM
    • 4,121 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    Hey,

@JustAnotherSaver - Tabs can affect tracking, they wont always it just depends on what youve been doing beforehand. For example, with insurance people tend to view comparison sites, other sites with ads etc. Whereas for take aways its harder to pick cookies like that up accidentally.

All we can say is if its been declined as the funds have been passed on elsewhere. Were rarely told who has been paid instead of us but if they are paid we wont be paid any money.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Originally posted by TopCashBack Company Representative
    I understand that i wont be getting any cashback from this, i'm just trying to understand why it happens so i can avoid it happening in future as it's just cost me about 60.

Regards the tabs, like i said, i do have multiple tabs open as that's my browsing style. Right now i have 3 tabs open including this one.
    However, i didn't point out in my last post (not sure if this will make a difference or not) - when i go through TCB i will open a new 'clean' tab, open TCB and go from there, so basically i wont have had various websites on that tab beforehand. Not sure if this should make a difference or not.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,846Posts Today

4,855Users online

Martin's Twitter