Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • brightonelizabeth
    • By brightonelizabeth 12th Oct 19, 6:34 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    brightonelizabeth
    Bought a fake iPhone from auction house online
    • 12th Oct 19, 6:34 PM
    Bought a fake iPhone from auction house online 12th Oct 19 at 6:34 PM
    Hello,

I bought a brand new sealed iPhone from an auction house via the website i-Bidder a few days ago.

I put it in my drawer and have only just had a good look at it. Iíve noticed there are some spelling mistakes on the box and the serial number is fake.

The auction house is a reputable auction and sells electricals every week from liquidations and they have multiple sites across the country, so itís not some dodgy place.

Do I have any rights to a refund? Does the Consumer Rights Act 2015 apply? I havenít opened it at all because I donít want to be accused of anything.

Thank you for your help.
Page 1
    • marcarm
    • By marcarm 12th Oct 19, 6:43 PM
    • 1,133 Posts
    • 1,434 Thanks
    marcarm
    • 12th Oct 19, 6:43 PM
    • 12th Oct 19, 6:43 PM
    Why not try contacting them and see what they say before anything else?

Also, how did you pay?
    • brightonelizabeth
    • By brightonelizabeth 12th Oct 19, 6:50 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    brightonelizabeth
    • 12th Oct 19, 6:50 PM
    • 12th Oct 19, 6:50 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I will contact them tomorrow, I was just wondering if I have any rights in case they refuse to cooperate.

I paid by debit card, but it wasnít the only lot I bought.
    • born again
    • By born again 12th Oct 19, 6:51 PM
    • 590 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    born again
    • 12th Oct 19, 6:51 PM
    • 12th Oct 19, 6:51 PM
    How do I return an item that has arrived and is not as described?
    2 months ago Updated
    When you buy in an auction, there is no right of return unless an item is materially different to its catalogue description.

If you feel that the lot description is missing information about the item, you can ask the auctioneer questions and request a condition report prior to bidding. Click here to learn about the 'Ask a question' feature. This should avoid any disappointment when your delivery arrives.

If you feel that the item has been misdescribed, it’s always best to contact the auctioneer directly to see if they can help you.

If you’re still unsatisfied, you may wish to contact our Customer Services team and we can see if we can help you. You can call us on +44(0)203 725 5550 or use 'Submit a request' below.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,952Users online

Martin's Twitter