Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • square bear
    • By square bear 12th Oct 19, 9:39 AM
    • 3,813Posts
    • 5,695Thanks
    square bear
    0 WOW
    France/ Belgium war graves
    • 12th Oct 19, 9:39 AM
    0 WOW
    France/ Belgium war graves 12th Oct 19 at 9:39 AM
    Hi
    I would like to visit these sites early next year and thought maybe going on a tour rather than by myself.
    I'm thinking that meeting others and hearing their stories and having an experienced guide with us would be a better experience, although I know I would have to pay for it.
    However, if going by myself, is there enough information, directions and people to talk to when I get there?

What are your experiences?
Page 1
    • NoodleDoodleMan
    • By NoodleDoodleMan 12th Oct 19, 11:03 AM
    • 1,200 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    NoodleDoodleMan
    • 12th Oct 19, 11:03 AM
    • 12th Oct 19, 11:03 AM
    Leger Holidays do excellent coach tours to battlefields etc.

We did the Normandy one a few years ago, very knowledgeable guide joined us in France - could not find fault with any aspect.
    • Hobsons Choice
    • By Hobsons Choice 12th Oct 19, 1:13 PM
    • 1,076 Posts
    • 7,393 Thanks
    Hobsons Choice
    • 12th Oct 19, 1:13 PM
    • 12th Oct 19, 1:13 PM
    We also used Leger Holidays for a trip to Ypres. It was actually for Xmas Markets in the area, but we found a shop in a street near the Menin Gate and had a tour of the battlefields led by a very informative guide.
    Normal people worry me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,110Posts Today

7,952Users online

Martin's Twitter