Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 27th May 19, 12:22 AM
    • 3,256Posts
    • 1,161Thanks
    trinidadone
    Cat Litter tray - how freq do you change it?
    • 27th May 19, 12:22 AM
    Cat Litter tray - how freq do you change it? 27th May 19 at 12:22 AM
    I have a litter tray and daily i try to pic out the solids, and turn the litter over to soak up the urine, but i was wondering, how freq do you change the litter in the litter tray?
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
Page 3
    • ben501
    • By ben501 9th Oct 19, 3:09 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 984 Thanks
    ben501
    keep using it?!
    Originally posted by GreenQueen

I'd like to see them try. Once filled with plants I use it for a window box on the front of the house, and the cats can't get out there. (and happily they are very reluctant to venture out the front on the few occasions opportunity arises when I leave the front door open)#
    No doubt next year when I take it down they will re-christen it, unless I remember to store it out of their reach.
    • calicocat
    • By calicocat 11th Oct 19, 10:36 PM
    • 5,004 Posts
    • 22,901 Thanks
    calicocat
    My cat only uses indoor litter.
    She has ultra clumping litter so I can pick everything out daily.

I donít change the whole thing every week as I am picking it all out, I deep clean it every month if iím honest. Surely thatís the point of clumping litter.

I donít have bad smells and litter is always free of soils and free moving for next use.

I find the more litter you have in, the less mess you get. I keep it topped up to the hilt at all times so the actual tray never gets messy or dirty other than odd accident.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early........ Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
    • rita-rabbit
    • By rita-rabbit 15th Oct 19, 9:57 AM
    • 1,476 Posts
    • 1,070 Thanks
    rita-rabbit
    exactly
    My cat only uses indoor litter.
    She has ultra clumping litter so I can pick everything out daily.

I donít change the whole thing every week as I am picking it all out, I deep clean it every month if iím honest. Surely thatís the point of clumping litter.

I donít have bad smells and litter is always free of soils and free moving for next use.

I find the more litter you have in, the less mess you get. I keep it topped up to the hilt at all times so the actual tray never gets messy or dirty other than odd accident.
    Originally posted by calicocat
    My cats is only changed when I think it's needed: rarely. Solids & clumps removed daily & topped up with fresh.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,176Posts Today

8,264Users online

Martin's Twitter