Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Branchini1979
    • By Branchini1979 11th Oct 19, 11:12 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 26Thanks
    Branchini1979
    Huawei Promo - Free Item MIA :(
    • 11th Oct 19, 11:12 AM
    Huawei Promo - Free Item MIA :( 11th Oct 19 at 11:12 AM
    Could someone give me advice as to what to do next.

Huawei had a promotion in July for a free Huawei GT watch with a purchase of a Huawei P30 phone. This was promised to be with you within 30 days of validation of the claim being processed.
    I had my claim validated & processed end of July and after near 2 1/2 months (well beyond 30 days) nothing.
    I have called up various times and they say they are sorry and will get back to me and chase various departments yada yada but it seems to be putting me off.
    If you search on the net, there are lots of people having problems with this.

My question is where can I go next as they have breached their terms and are WAY beyond the 30 days?
    I just want to know my options as the only reason I got my new phone was for the free watch.

Thank you
Page 1
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 11th Oct 19, 12:22 PM
    • 8,072 Posts
    • 7,886 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 11th Oct 19, 12:22 PM
    • 11th Oct 19, 12:22 PM
    Who did you buy from? Direct from Huawei online, or someone else? (As that's who your consumer contract is with).

Were there any T&Cs with the promotion (such as Subject To Availability)?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • born again
    • By born again 11th Oct 19, 8:00 PM
    • 586 Posts
    • 299 Thanks
    born again
    • 11th Oct 19, 8:00 PM
    • 11th Oct 19, 8:00 PM
    https://consumer.huaweipromo.co.uk/gb/en/pages/p30julywatchgt/home

Sounds like a typical promo. Over subscribed and they are struggling to get the watches.

The Qualifying Products are subject to availability while stocks last.

The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions and to disqualify Claims which it considers do not comply with these Terms and Conditions at any time at its own discretion. The Promoters decisions regarding all promotional matters will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 11th Oct 19, 8:59 PM
    • 11,289 Posts
    • 12,887 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 11th Oct 19, 8:59 PM
    • 11th Oct 19, 8:59 PM
    The Qualifying Products are subject to availability while stocks last.
    Sounds like a typical promo. Over subscribed and they are struggling to get the watches.
    Originally posted by born again
    The "subject to availability" clause isn't in itself enough of a reason for a retailer to avoid having to provide the promotional goods.

https://www.asa.org.uk/type/non_broadcast/code_section/08.html

Phrases such as “subject to availability” do not relieve promoters of their obligation to do everything reasonable to avoid disappointing participants.

Promoters must be able to demonstrate that they have made a reasonable estimate of the likely response and either that they were capable of meeting that response or that consumers had sufficient information, presented clearly and in a timely fashion, to make an informed decision on whether or not to participate - for example regarding any limitation on availability and the likely demand.

If promoters rely on being able to meet the estimated response but are unable to supply demand for a promotional offer because of an unexpectedly high response or some other unanticipated factor outside their control, they must ensure relevant timely communication with applicants and consumers and, in cases of any likely detriment, offer a refund or a reasonable substitute product
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,257Posts Today

7,457Users online

Martin's Twitter