Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Louie_lizzard
    • By Louie_lizzard 8th Oct 19, 11:56 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Louie_lizzard
    Hsbc not paying my PPI redress of £20,000
    • 8th Oct 19, 11:56 AM
    Hsbc not paying my PPI redress of £20,000 8th Oct 19 at 11:56 AM
    So, after receiving a letter from HSBC confirming the redress of £20,000 would be paid within 4 weeks, it hasn't! I called yesterday and they said they hadn't received the documents from the local branch in Brighton 4 weeks ago. Strange therefore that the interest on the account of almost £2000 has been paid to HMRC on my behalf and indeed, since reclaimed by myself and paid into my bank last week. Now why would HSBC pay the interest on my monies without the required paperwork that they haven't yet received from their Brighton branch.
    My question is...How do I get the remaining balance of some £18,000 paid to me when HSBC deny all knowledge of my existence?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Oct 19, 12:05 PM
    • 24,153 Posts
    • 26,875 Thanks
    zx81
    • 8th Oct 19, 12:05 PM
    • 8th Oct 19, 12:05 PM
    They don't appear to have denied acknowledge of your existence at all. They said they're waiting for some documents.

I would just be patient.
    • BoGoF
    • By BoGoF 8th Oct 19, 12:08 PM
    • 5,493 Posts
    • 5,466 Thanks
    BoGoF
    • 8th Oct 19, 12:08 PM
    • 8th Oct 19, 12:08 PM
    How do you know they have paid HMRC £2000 interest on your behalf? Also I doubt very much you would have got any refund from HMRC that quickly and unless you have very little taxable income you wouldn't have got £2000 back.
    • SonOf
    • By SonOf 8th Oct 19, 12:28 PM
    • 1,785 Posts
    • 2,042 Thanks
    SonOf
    • 8th Oct 19, 12:28 PM
    • 8th Oct 19, 12:28 PM
    Strange therefore that the interest on the account of almost £2000 has been paid to HMRC on my behalf and indeed, since reclaimed by myself and paid into my bank last week. Now why would HSBC pay the interest on my monies without the required paperwork that they haven't yet received from their Brighton branch.
    You are not meant to reclaim the tax on the interest until after you receive the interest.

If HSBC do not pay the money in this tax year, you will have to repay that £2000 back to HMRC plus interest. You wont know when HSBC passes the interest to HMRC.

My question is...How do I get the remaining balance of some £18,000 paid to me when HSBC deny all knowledge of my existence?
    Comply with their requirements and be patient.
    • Louie_lizzard
    • By Louie_lizzard 8th Oct 19, 2:08 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Louie_lizzard
    • 8th Oct 19, 2:08 PM
    Tax refund.
    • 8th Oct 19, 2:08 PM
    My wife who is on paye, filled out the r40 tax form in accordance with the breakdown of the redress given by our support Company 'Allay' , and she received a cheque for the same amount of tax deducted at source by HSBC as she is only part time and is earning below the £12500 threshold.
    There is no other tax refund due to her, so it WAS the tax refund related to the interest charged at 20% by HSBC , paid to HMRC. What else could it possibly be if not that???
    • Louie_lizzard
    • By Louie_lizzard 8th Oct 19, 2:14 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Louie_lizzard
    • 8th Oct 19, 2:14 PM
    • 8th Oct 19, 2:14 PM
    The documents were hand delivered 4 weeks ago, ( and recorded at the branch on cctv) but HSBC claim they haven't received them!! I think it's delaying tactics, or am I being naive?
    • The_squirrell
    • By The_squirrell 8th Oct 19, 2:36 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 321 Thanks
    The_squirrell
    • 8th Oct 19, 2:36 PM
    • 8th Oct 19, 2:36 PM
    If there is money coming back to you, then I am sure that Allay will make sure that they receive their £4800!
    If you are handing over that much, then I would get them to do the chasing!!
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Oct 19, 2:39 PM
    • 24,153 Posts
    • 26,875 Thanks
    zx81
    • 8th Oct 19, 2:39 PM
    • 8th Oct 19, 2:39 PM
    I think it's delaying tactics, or am I being naive?
    Originally posted by Louie_lizzard
    The second one.
    • BoGoF
    • By BoGoF 8th Oct 19, 3:12 PM
    • 5,493 Posts
    • 5,466 Thanks
    BoGoF
    • 8th Oct 19, 3:12 PM
    • 8th Oct 19, 3:12 PM
    My wife who is on paye, filled out the r40 tax form in accordance with the breakdown of the redress given by our support Company 'Allay' , and she received a cheque for the same amount of tax deducted at source by HSBC as she is only part time and is earning below the £12500 threshold.
    There is no other tax refund due to her, so it WAS the tax refund related to the interest charged at 20% by HSBC , paid to HMRC. What else could it possibly be if not that???
    HMRC base it on what you put on the form. They won't have checked to see if HSBC paid the tax over. I hope she didn't put all the 'interest' down as hers seeing as it appears to be a joint claim.
    • Louie_lizzard
    • By Louie_lizzard 8th Oct 19, 4:39 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Louie_lizzard
    Based on what exactly? I mean I have a letter confirming the redress of £19950 and the acceptance forms were hand delivered to HSBC Brighton, 4 weeks ago. They said on the letter that the payment would be made in up to 4 weeks time, dated September 9th. It's now past that time and they having paid. To say they havent recieved the forms is a total fabrication. Guess ill have to hand deliver them again under the gaze of cctv at the branch, so there can be no doubt that we have indeed, delivered the acceptance forms.
    • brettcta
    • By brettcta 8th Oct 19, 5:31 PM
    • 3,725 Posts
    • 3,559 Thanks
    brettcta
    Why donít you stop trying to be smart and post them direct to their head office recorded delivery?

You can get as much CCTV footage as you like - if the settlements team arenít receiving the documents from the branch it doesnít mean a jot.

Even if they did review the footage, they canít and wonít pay you out based on you handing over a document in branch.
    Last edited by brettcta; 08-10-2019 at 5:34 PM.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Oct 19, 5:36 PM
    • 24,153 Posts
    • 26,875 Thanks
    zx81
    To say they havent recieved the forms is a total fabrication.
    That's clearly not true.

In fact, it's a total fabrication, ironically.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 8th Oct 19, 8:50 PM
    • 6,448 Posts
    • 7,631 Thanks
    societys child
    . . . in accordance with the breakdown of the redress given by
    our support Company 'Allay'

Sorry, I almost wet myself when I read that . .

• brettcta
    • By brettcta 8th Oct 19, 9:05 PM
    • 3,725 Posts
    • 3,559 Thanks
    brettcta
    I did have a little chuckle at Ďsupport companyí.

ĎDid the best part of piss all and are charging us nearly £5,000 (if I stop arsing around going to branch, waving documents at CCTV cameras)í company.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
    • meer53
    • By meer53 9th Oct 19, 11:55 AM
    • 9,562 Posts
    • 14,007 Thanks
    meer53
    Call Allay, they may have your money !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

197Posts Today

2,136Users online

Martin's Twitter