Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PoorCreditDave
    • By PoorCreditDave 22nd Sep 19, 12:08 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PoorCreditDave
    I have an IVA, my wife does not, can we rent
    • 22nd Sep 19, 12:08 AM
    I have an IVA, my wife does not, can we rent 22nd Sep 19 at 12:08 AM
    I have an IVA, but my wife doesn’t and her credit is good.

We’ve lived in our rented property for 8 years, never a late rental payment.

IVA is a year in and up to date.

As our two daughters get bigger, a move would be good, but is this an idea worth thinking about, or will my iva stop us being able to rent?

I make £35k a year before tax, my wife works part time. I currently pay all the rent and she would contribute the extra for the new rent
Page 1
    • mwarby
    • By mwarby 22nd Sep 19, 9:54 AM
    • 1,024 Posts
    • 391 Thanks
    mwarby
    • 22nd Sep 19, 9:54 AM
    • 22nd Sep 19, 9:54 AM
    A lot depends on your local property market. You will likely fail a credit check that many landlords use. If your lucky enough to be in an area where property are slow to get let some landlords will be more pragmatic/sympathetic. If your in an area where property is let quickly many/most landlords will be very reluctant to take the risk

Do you have anyone who can act as a guarantor ? does your landlord have other properties they could move you too ?

Good luck, if you do manage to move remember to update your IVA company, they might ask to go over income and expenditure again (but given the rent you contribute won't change, should be straightforward)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

747Posts Today

6,770Users online

Martin's Twitter