British Gas Reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    M271 wrote: »
    Well I've created my online account and during that process it asked me for my opening meter readings, which I did. It did not show me the options of either online meter readings or new customer readings that the other thread was showing. Hopefully all is OK.

We do seem to be part of the same 'intake'. I used the 'submit your meter readings' button at the top of the BG email and entered my online meter readings along with the meter point numbers. I got a confirmation that they'd been received and they'd use it to make sure that my first bill was accurate.

Like you, I hope it's OK. I'm not confident though. For one thing, the screen I went to wasn't remotely like the one MSE Dan put up on the thread. For another, I then tried to follow the instructions to register an online account and the whole thing's hung.

Not a promising start.

Is it always like this when you switch? :eek:
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • basketcase
    I've just had an email from BG saying:

Hello Mrs Basketcase

Thank you for your latest meter reading of xxxx for your gas account and xxxxx for your electricity account.

We're adding this to your account now and will let you know when your bill is ready.

ETA: The online account seems to work too..

Can I presume I'm up and running do you think? :shocked:

CHALLENGES
    24 for 2024
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,193 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    basketcase wrote: »

Hello Mrs Basketcase

Thank you for your latest meter reading of xxxx for your gas account and xxxxx for your electricity account.

We're adding this to your account now and will let you know when your bill is ready.

Maybe. :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • basketcase
    beanielou wrote: »
    Maybe. :rotfl:

Cautious optimism and asking someone to stick their head above the parapet to see if it's OK then?

It didn't seem to be quite as hassley as it has been for some others.

That's what worries me... :rotfl:

CHALLENGES
    24 for 2024
  • beanielou
    Cautious optimism and asking someone to stick their head above the parapet to see if it's OK then?

It didn't seem to be quite as hassley as it has been for some others.

That's what worries me... :rotfl:

That would worry me too. :eek: :rotfl:

Mind you with awesome timing ~~ not ~~ I am also changing phone and broadband provider & that is truly dire.
    I shall be a basket case.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• k18dan
    k18dan Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm just forgetting about my switch and going to see what happens :rotfl:

I got an email link asking for my opening meter reeding's which I submitted, not heard anything else.

For people that have come from Sainsbury's - will the account balance be automatic moved across to BG? Or will I have to phone through to get my credit refunded?
  • beanielou
    k18dan wrote: »
    I'm just forgetting about my switch and going to see what happens :rotfl:

I got an email link asking for my opening meter reeding's which I submitted, not heard anything else.

For people that have come from Sainsbury's - will the account balance be automatic moved across to BG? Or will I have to phone through to get my credit refunded?

I think you will need to phone.

• jeallen01
    jeallen01 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just been into both my BG & SP accounts as the nominal change over date was 3 March, and/but:
    - From the BG a/c, the gas changeover seems to be "almost there", but step 3 (meter readings) not yet complete & step 4 not started. OTOH the electricity a/c, which was there a few days ago, has now disappeared!
    - From the SP a/c, the gas changeover seems to have "happened" as this element has disappeared completely. OTOH, the electricity a/c is still there, but with the next DD shown as £0 on 11 May.

Everything "seems" to be progressing, albeit slowly, but still messy and unclear.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    irie wrote: »
    It turned out that they had had a big problem with their systems being able to handle the new flow of clients and their IT department had to sort out the problem which was going to take about 10 days. It appears that one of my energy supplies may now be with BG whilst the other will not move over until the middle of March. They mentioned that I was not the only customer who had had a problem with their new account!

Hi Irie

I agree that the technical glitch that BG had when processing some of the switches is rather frustrating. We've actually been posting about this on the forum, our FAQ pages and even sent out an email to all the users impacted. Can I point you towards the question 'One of my fuels is showing as rejected – has the switch gone through?' at the top of this link?
    https://cheapenergyclub.moneysavingexpert.com/faq

Hopefully things will go smoother from here.
  • M271
    M271 Posts: 238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post

Hello Mrs Basketcase

My meter readings appeared to be accepted OK but I did not get a Thankyou for meter reading email like you did. However when I go on my BG account the meter read history says 'sorry there has been a problem' and on the account summary page the your meter reading space just as a rotating circle in it. I think that I'll re-enter the meter readings again.

I have had a BG Nectar points email though!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback