Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tubbss
    • By Tubbss 14th Oct 11, 7:41 PM
    • 436Posts
    • 8,634Thanks
    Tubbss
    Co-Op bank - 200 if you switch to them
    • 14th Oct 11, 7:41 PM
    Co-Op bank - 200 if you switch to them 14th Oct 11 at 7:41 PM
    On Monday 17/10, co-op start a limited offer - switch your banking to them using their switching service, pay in minimum of 800 per month then after the 3rd month they will credit your account with 200!
    You must switch at least 2 direct debits, and this offer doesnt include the cashminder account.
Page 69
  • mcbob
    Still not got my 200!
    I wrote to them and today got a reply from customer services:

"We have checked our records and unfortunately you are not eligible for the offer as you did not meet the criteria"

"The offer with regards to switching was from 17/10/2011 until 31/10/2011 and your request was received on 19/01/2012"

Thing is I have documents from them when I opened the account stating my account was part of the 200 offer.

Am I missing something here or have I been had?
    • ejv
    • By ejv 3rd Jul 12, 7:23 AM
    • 305 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    ejv
    Thing is I have documents from them when I opened the account stating my account was part of the 200 offer.

Am I missing something here or have I been had?
    Originally posted by mcbob
    I think they are strict on the switching date and the switching process, which should be done exclusively through them and not manually.
    Though your account opening letter said about the 200 offer, it would be asterisked with "terms and conditions apply", which were the switch date,using their switch service and 800 per month for 3 months, after the switch.
    Many in this forum, including me, mistook the last criterion as "calendar month".What Co-Op meant by "a month" was 30 days from date of switch.It was bit vague, but they must have relented on it , otherwise they wouldn't have paid my bonus.
  • DCole
    For accounts such as this that requires one to bank in a certain amount of money per month, does that means you will need to have a salary enough to do so or would they be happy for you to apply if your money is not coming solely from salary only?
    • 10_66
    • By 10_66 22nd Oct 12, 6:03 AM
    • 2,690 Posts
    • 1,011 Thanks
    10_66
    For accounts such as this that requires one to bank in a certain amount of money per month, does that means you will need to have a salary enough to do so or would they be happy for you to apply if your money is not coming solely from salary only?
    Originally posted by DCole
    On previous offers they haven't demanded that the funds come from salary, it can come from any external source, they just like you to have the salary coming in so that they think you'll use them as your main account, but it's not been necessary, before anyway.
    • Jazzy_B
    • By Jazzy_B 22nd Oct 12, 9:09 AM
    • 1,752 Posts
    • 1,245 Thanks
    Jazzy_B
    Been watching this thread for long and it has gone quite for a while. Seems all got the cashback(including me). So Co-op swindler has finally buckled to the populace.
    Hurrah...
    Thanks to all from me for all the advise and support...
    Originally posted by ejv
    I never got mine, after a lot of hassle, I gave up and closed the accout. I was not impressed by their customer service at all.
  • DCole
    • 10_66
    • By 10_66 22nd Oct 12, 2:49 PM
    • 2,690 Posts
    • 1,011 Thanks
    10_66
    On previous offers they haven't demanded that the funds come from salary, it can come from any external source, they just like you to have the salary coming in so that they think you'll use them as your main account, but it's not been necessary, before anyway.
    Originally posted by 10_66
    Think I answered this in my post quoted above.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,580Posts Today

8,268Users online

Martin's Twitter