Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sgx.saint
    • By sgx.saint 5th Dec 06, 11:18 AM
    • 1,571Posts
    • 443Thanks
    sgx.saint
    Recent CitiBank Applicant?
    • 5th Dec 06, 11:18 AM
    Recent CitiBank Applicant? 5th Dec 06 at 11:18 AM
    Hello All.

After speaking with a few other members I decided to apply for the CitiBank Account. More out of curiosity than anything, oh plus the £50 Quidco Cashback ofc

For those of you who are not aware. The CitiBank account is a full current account, however some forum members have had success in applying for an account, even with adverse credit histories. Although this does not in anyway guarantee success for everyone.

I am currently quite happy with my Yorkshire Bank account as it suits my needs perfectly. But it would be nice to open the CitiBank Account as the interest rates are a little higher.

Anyway, my question ... apparently I have to provide them with a cheque for £1 as proof of my ID and first deposit.

Now not having a cheque book on my current account, I cannot do this.

Has anyone else been in the same situation and what did you do to open your account?

Thanks

Saint
    Last edited by sgx.saint; 09-02-2007 at 6:20 AM.
Page 53
  • gazelle8760
    An old thread, but I thought I would update it. A few posts back I wrote about my former experience with citibank when tried to open an account with them back in 2009.

Well, a few weeks ago I thought I could take my chances and try again, applied for the euro current account and everything has been really fast. Within a week of returning the forms and proof of address I received my PIN and visa debit card. The card even came as a cheque guarantee card!

Then, after I could access the internet banking service I also applied for an sterling current account (not that I need it as I have my main HSBC current account, but it comes handy if you get euros into the euro current account and want to convert them into sterling and send a BACS payment to another UK bank. The euro current account dosn't allow BACS payments, just SEPA and SWIFT). The current account was opened and showed on my online banking within 24 hours.

So anyone who's interested in these accounts, try again as they may have improved their account opening process -or I was lucky enough.
    Originally posted by fawinds

You were lucky to get a CGC, as I had a letter off Citibank the other day, saying they were and are doing away with them, and any cards issued after November 2010, will NOT have the CG Logo of £100 on them, and after June 2011, they will no longer be valid.
    • taxsaver
    • By taxsaver 20th Jul 11, 12:15 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 733 Thanks
    taxsaver
    Just bumping this thread to see if anyone knows if citibank are still good at giving full current accounts to people with poor credit files?

If not does anyone know any other ones currently?

My friend needs a chequebook but no overdraft facilities. He has not got any CCJs etc, but does have several defaults on his file.
    If you feel my comments are helpful then I'd love it if you 'Thanked' me!
  • Dr_Cuckoo3
    My friend needs a chequebook but no overdraft facilities. He has not got any CCJs etc, but does have several defaults on his file.
    Originally posted by taxsaver
    Bank of Baroda

https://www.bankofbarodauk.com/retail-banking/deposit-products/savings-accounts/

Chequebook and VISA Debit card account with only an ID search via callcredit
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,550Posts Today

7,775Users online

Martin's Twitter