PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 21st May 2018

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    A neighbour wants all of the serving dishes and crockery I was going to be flogging at the tabletop sale, so there may be no need to take the leftover stuff to a carboot on Sunday. I think the TT sale ends at 4.00 pm so I may be able to get all the leftovers straight down to the CS instead, which would be rather wonderful.

Feeling very sluggish today so I'm planning on a couple of loads through WM and not much else.
    Better is good enough.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi all; I'm back.

4 x WM loads washed and dried yesterday - just need to put the last of that away (in a few mins).

Mowed back lawn - by myself :mad: - yesterday.

My suitcase has died; one of the wheels is completely kaput - Mr LW is all for buying a new one NOW plus a new one for him as his is a bit battered to say the least; but I'm insisting we defer this til we actually decide if we're going away any more. (Back to Scrimpers and all that).;)

Car has it's first MoT tomorrow (pass MoT vibes welcome) but it's a planned expense, so I don't feel it goes against Scrimpers. ;) Mr LW can go on his own; I can get some tasks done here without him underfoot. ;)

Had 430 Euros (can't find the Euro sign on keyboard and cba searching) left of our spending money so used that to pay some of the hotel bill - so I think that's a plus for Scrimpers.

Still battling with weight. :(

I may not be posting a lot for a while; I am up to my ear'oles in tasks wanting doing, and less time spent on MSE means more time spent on actual Flying. ;) So don't worry about me; I'm around, and will pop in when I can. :o

(((HUGS))) for Froddy and anyone else going through the mill right now (sorry, I do not have time to read all last week's thread).

Must go; the contents of the airing cupboard shelf are not going to put themselves away in the drawers. :cool:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,978 Forumite
    Girls to school
    OH's suit and jacket to the dry cleaners.. DS1 and partner are talking about getting married in a couple of months.. her mum died 6 years ago and her had has diabetes, has lost both legs and now has kidney failure and she wants him to be there.
    Lidl trotted around.. £70 decluttered.. a couple of christmas presents done and shorts for the girls and 2 trays of cheap bedding plants to fill our empty pots..

Today I am mainly playing with clothes.. washing on, in, out, folded, away and packing once OH gets home from college with my new front door..

Twinkle sleeping, so I shall crack on!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Honey_Bear
    edited 22 May 2018 at 2:32PM
    In order to do the cutting out to start sewing I needed the dining table cleared.
    In order to clear it I needed boxes, tissue paper and tea towels.
    In order to find them I had to go up to the attic and shift gibble around.
    In orer to clear space to move stacks I restacked quite a bit of stuff.
    In order to conduct a sensible search I went through various stacks of gibble and found stuff that can be sold at the table top sale.
    In order to clear stuff on the landing I had to ask OH to hand it up to me and then take stuff from me that I'd found.
    In order to make sure my lovely clear Room of Doom floor didn't turn into a nightmare again, I had to sort everything ready for Saturday rather than just leave it all in a big sloppy heap.
    In order to stop the hunger pangs causing me to faint I made myself a sandwich, fending off a large black kitten.
    In order to stop Kelpie nagging me and barking I've taken him for a walk.

It's taken this long to get to the point when I can even start sewing. Anyone else get mornings like that? How can I stop it happening?
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    It's taken this long to get to the point when I can even start sewing. Anyone else get mornings like that? How can I stop it happening?

Oh yes indeedy!!!

I had to bring in the dry washing (folding as it comes off the line and putting in the right person pile and taking it upstairs once the pile got large.)
    Once I took it upstairs I sorted individual piles into what to pack and what to put away
    brought more washing down each time I went up
    Emptied the laundry basket of wet stuff so I could fill it with washed stuff so I could hang that out again
    So I could put the washer DS2's stuff was just in on a 95'C clean cycle (He has contracted scabies from his charity shop job!!) so EVERYTHING has been washed to within an inch of its life.

My bed is now covered in the girls clothes to pack.

So.. in order to go to bed tonight I have to pack all 4 bags, remake Twinkles cot (She had a nosebleed at 4am) and get all the packed bags downstairs.

I haven't even had lunch yet I just refreshed this page as I was picking up my mug but I've done 8000 steps already this morning (5km walking) and my behind fell into my seat.

I can't have my lunch until..

I put out the composting and recycling, run the DW and put all the remaining dirty stuff in a pretty arrangement... and I am blooming starving!!! I am shaking with low blood sugar!

Twinkle is still asleep
  • pigpen
    there... sat down with food
  • Honey_Bear
    It's not just me then! There is no doubt that the secret would be to clear the gibble in the attic - which is exactly what this table top sale is about. So I figured out the solution and I'm doing it, but it's taking forever to get anything else done!

First load pegged out, second load in the WM, kittens allowed out into the yard and on the sundeck which they thought was FAB for about 30 minutes and so far show no signs of trying to climb out. If they do we've got a HUGE problem, but we think we've figured out the solution. Desperate not to have to implement it, that's all.

Iron now set up and turned on, so sewing is inching closers.

Next laundry shuffle about to happen.
    Better is good enough.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Definitely not just you, HB!! I have gone backwards and forwards all day. I'm always doing something but never seem to get anywhere.

I had a burst of flying first thing this morning, so the bedroom is clean and shiny, apart from the floor. There is no point me doing that until I have washed my hair, as it makes such a mess everywhere. I even cleaned the windows. The last time I did that, the blind came down on my head. Passed without incident today. Spurred on, I also cleaned the blind in the ensuite. Since then I have twiddled around, doing I'm not quite sure what - a bit of garden tidying ( there is a lot - tidying to do, not size of garden), a bit of sitting with DD. You know she isn't right when she wants to sit with me, and even have cuddles. Normal service looks like it is being resumed now though.
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You sound like me HB with your 'in order to' list - I cleared our dining room table yesterday but it was a huge job.
    Flying wise, I've hung up some washing? Does that count? Oh yes, and vacuumed downstairs. There, that makes it sound more doesn't it and it's true too!
    I had a lovely ride on Breggey this morning and then got home, had a shower and worked this pm.

Fayolle glad DD looks to be getting better.
    Pigpen did I read right in that you've already got some Christmas presents? Very impressive!!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Evening everyone - thanks for all the supportive messages. MH nurse was very thorough and did a full memory test. I was really shocked at just how bad things are :( She has meeting with Consultant on Thurs and will call me that afternoon with treatment plan. Also made urgent referral to SS for support. This is definitely needed as I went to work today and left mum with a list of instructions of everything she needed to do - got round there this evening to find she hadn't had breakfast or lunch and couldn't tell me anything she'd done today. She's also emptied the freezer (only a small counter top one) throwing the ready meals in the bin and pouring an entire tub of ice cream down the toilet . . . . . .

And I have to work again tomorrow :eek:

No flying here!!
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business