Mindful or Mind full?

So....... life appears to have changed today!

I came downstairs to a letter from my partner saying he needed time away. After 11 plus years. Not sure how I feel.

At the moment I need to get a job. Not as easy as that sounds as I have quite a problem leaving the house at all. I am waiting to get to the top of the list for some CBT help. I also have some chronic conditions too which have hindered our relationship.

As you can imagine, I am not sure what will happen. My plan is to do nothing rash but try to pay down my loan as much as possible. Then I am going to have to find somewhere to live etc.

I did say I was going to start a diary so I think this is one hell of a way to get started!

Pauline
Don't get it perfect - Get it going
Better Than Before

Comments

• DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Oh Pauline I'm very happy to see a diary from you but I am so sorry for the circumstances that led to you doing so. I will be cheering you along massively along with (I'm sure) a lot of others. I feel you are extremely important around here and it wouldn't be the same without you around.

Small steps, one day at a time. We are all here for support and for any advice you may need.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi 117Pauline

As above, really sorry about the circumstances...

We will help, advise and support you on here
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • So the plans for the week
    • go out every day
    • eat properly - good food, regularly
    • polish the CV
    • do as many surveys as possible
    • be mindful. Start mindfulness meditation each day

Nothing too dramatic, got to get back into the world!
    Better Than Before
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I’m so very sorry Pauline that you have had to begin your diary with such news. I remember you posting that you were thinking of starting a diary and I was looking forward to reading it as you are a wonderful, insightful writer. I do hope that you and your OH can work things out but as debtfreeduo has said, we will be here for support.

SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Oh Pauline, I was so pleased to see you had started a diary, but like you say, what a way to start. I hope everything works out the way you want it to.

I did some online work from home (aka tedious) some info on the money shed website here

Leapforce/Lionbridge/Appen are the three companies I am aware of.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Pauline so glad you have started your diary , but wish the circumstances were different. We will all be here to help you .
  • Hi Pauline
    Sorry to hear about the circumstances for you having to start your diary. I'll be following your journey.
    Make sure you look after yourself, some lovely advice already given here x
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
  • Oh Pauline I'm so sorry to hear your news. You must feel so shocked and adrift :(.

I hope your OH and you can resolve things eventually. Either way we will do our best to support you.

I'm so pleased you've started a diary so that we can help you with practical advice and emotional support. Xx
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Thanks everyone

I have been out today and eaten so that's a good start. Done a few surveys and had numerous cups of tea.

It will be fine I know. I have decided that I have to minimise my expenses so my ninja money saving skills will have to come to the fore.

I am going to keep to a simplified plan this week.

As you can imagine I am a bit up and down at the moment.

Back tomorrow with a better plan

Thanks for the good wishes, it really helps
    Pauline
    Better Than Before
  • Keep posting Pauline and remember that you can do this. Whatever life throws at you you can handle it. X
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport