Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• B_M
    B_M Posts: 714
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    @ bristolleedsfan, absoutely, I don't believe Quidco are paying 100% rates either for say Living Social. I believe and someone thankfully confirmed that the rates provided above are the 100% tier 1 rates. 10%+ at GPB = 13.20%.
    Nationwide? I can't confirm, but I was given the 3 rates that Direct Line paid out and the 100% rate was the lower tier rate (believe me). Nothing at all wrong with that and that's where the big cashback sites can profit. Millions of members and easier to hit higher targets as it can be a numbers game.
    For example which I was given.
    1 - 24 referrals £x amount
    25 - 49 referrala £x + 50%
    50+ referrals £x + 100%

I'm assuming as I can't prove it, that 50+ would have been hit at some time, but that whopping amount was never paid. I certainly never witnessed it and I'm a watcher here. I also don't expect it, that's tcb's share. If they don't hit 25+ in a calendar month, then they've made nowt!
    It's not about having an axe to grind, it's about not miseading.
    A classic example is the merchant review default. I witnessed one the other day where there was only good review ......................... from 2010.
    Even Quidco don't do that. ;)
    100% (plus top up) of what's advertised and I'll stick to that.
    MSE will know the 100% rates for Groupon and Living Social too. If my rates are wrong, then please remove my posts stating this. If I'm correct, then leave them intact. Can't be fairer than that can I?
    We'll see. :D
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,045
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 16 July 2015 at 11:13AM
    B_M wrote: »
    Nationwide?

I just cited one example where, TCB and/or Quidco could make a lot more money by not paying the full merchant enhanced rate, nobody would know for sure being as the bog standard "100%" rate appears to be 35.00 and neither of the other Cashback Sites that you use for comparison can get this merchant offer

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/nationwide-flex-direct/ - Currently 75.00+ against apparent bog standard 100% rate of 35.00, if TCB were as devious as you appear to believe they could just offer/promote/pay lets say as an example 45.00 keeping/retaining 30.00 for itself thus making a lot more money than on the % of purchase offers that you have been citing/alleging and still be the "current" highest paying cashback site for this particular merchant offer.;)
  • bristolleedsfan
    Forumite
    100% (plus top up) of what's advertised and I'll stick to that.

As the saying goes "be careful what you wish for", both Quidco and TCB could make a absolute fortune by just paying bog standard "100%" rate + TCB topups as my above post example illustrates ;)
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Organisation Representative
    Hi everyone,

I hope you are both doing well!

@B_M – I am glad that your Highest Cashback Guarantee has got approved. I am disappointed however, that you still believe we are not truthful with our claims of offering at least 100% commission to our members. I do know you are very keen on companies being honest to their customers and members and also that you are aware of the consequences of a company not being honest. We would certainly get in to trouble if the statements on our site or the statements I have made are false.

I can however, understand your confusion at the rates you are seeing. What you may not know is that sometimes normal affiliates who are paid commission directly; an example being websites who display adverts; sometimes get paid a higher amount of commission than cashback sites. This could be the reason for the discrepancy. What I can explain and guarantee to you is that the commission that is displayed on our site is the commission I can see when I look at the network through our own account. Some smaller cashback sites may for some reason be seen as a normal affiliate rather than a cashback site and therefore causing them to get the higher rates. However, as these are cashback sites that anyone can join we will still match them under our Highest Cashback Guarantee.

I can happily confirm we have been able to negotiate a better exclusive deal for our members with Groupon :)

@BristolLeedsFan - Thank you very much for your contribution to this discussion and for trusting us with our assures. We do as you say pay top up on every transaction and we fund this ourselves. If you do have any questions about a transaction on your account please do let us know.

Best wishes,

Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bristolleedsfan
    Forumite

@B_M

I can however, understand your confusion at the rates you are seeing. What you may not know is that sometimes normal affiliates who are paid commission directly; an example being websites who display adverts; sometimes get paid a higher amount of commission than cashback sites. This could be the reason for the discrepancy. What I can explain and guarantee to you is that the commission that is displayed on our site is the commission I can see when I look at the network through our own account. Some smaller cashback sites may for some reason be seen as a normal affiliate rather than a cashback site and therefore causing them to get the higher rates.

Matt

In addition for the benefit of B_M whilst I am not suggesting this is the case re Groupon/Living Social some rates offered by Merchants/Advertisers are Non Incentive rates and/or offers/rates not available to Cashback Sites, sometimes smaller Cashback Sites whether accidentally or purposely offer these rates/merchant offers which subsequently get paid due to the merchant/advertiser not being aware that the offers are being incentivised and/or that the Cashback Site is actually a Cashback Site.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I can happily confirm we have been able to negotiate a better exclusive deal for our members with Groupon :)

Lol. You lot at tcb are so funny and have a great sense of humour. I'll give you that.
    I'm just glad I wasn't drinking a nice cold lager when I read that. :D

Quote from another forum.
    Others believe that the world is flat

Did you not consider 'negotiating' Living Social and others at the same Affiliate Network at the same time?
    Living Social also has various rates.

On another matter, it looks like my 5* review has been censored? Any reason for that? It was totally honest. Please advise.
    Sorry, there are no comments at the moment for this merchant.
    There should be at least one.

@ bristolleedsfan, I'm more than happy with 100% of the lower tier rates. The cashback sites can keep the rest. Any upgrades or top ups are welcome of course.
    I may have been misunderstood there, I meant I stand by my reasoning that tcb pay 100% of what they advertise and not necessarily what they receive. That's what I'll 'stick' with (apologies for any confusion).
    To achieve higher tier rates and bonuses, they need many members. It works both ways.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Forumite
    edited 16 July 2015 at 1:21PM

Quote from another forum.

"Others believe that the world is flat"

Funny thing about that is you are referring to a forum where inaccurate/wrong ( based on fact) forum postings are as common as night following day, small but very vocal band of apparent over 50 males got nothing better to do all day than post something for the sake of posting something, to give others who also have nothing better to do all day than look on that forum for something to read and something to reply to with aim of making the forum and thus the site look busy. :rotfl:

Here is a quote from a female member on the same forum. again funny enough mostly directed at the over 50 male member that you have quoted

"Far to much time & hot air has been expended on this issue. Get on with your lives" :T
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Organisation Representative
    Good Morning!

@B_M, I am glad that we are able to keep you entertained :) As Matt has said, we will always be honest and pass forward 100% of the cashback that we receive, with the added top-up that we provide ourselves, I am sorry to hear though that you feel this may not be the case.

In regards to Living Social, I am afraid that I do not know if anything has or hasn't been negotiated in regards to cashback rates that we have coming up, but as always, keep checking back to see if we have any exclusives that go on to be added.

As for your review, could you contact the Team on a support ticket? We can then take a better look into why this is not showing on the comment page for you.

@bristolleedsfan, as always, thanks for your input here, it is always good to read others views on these matters :)

Have a great weekend and hopefully it is a warm one!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite

@B_M, I am glad that we are able to keep you entertained :)

In regards to Living Social, I am afraid that I do not know if anything has or hasn't been negotiated in regards to cashback rates that we have coming up, but as always, keep checking back to see if we have any exclusives that go on to be added.

Thanks Samantha.
    Not much funnier than some smaller cashback sites getting better rates because they aren't cashback sites.
    Some smaller cashback sites may for some reason be seen as a normal affiliate rather than a cashback site
    Side splitting. :rotfl:

No need to keep checking tcb Samantha, we need to keep checking other 100% (or more) cashback sites and if using tcb, use the HCG.
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/Help/76
    Miss that at your peril.

Don't worry about the review, it's been censored.
    A 5* rating and censored. I'll not bother any more, good or bad.
    If you want to re-send my review, I'll post it right here. I doubt it though!
    MSE will know the 100% rates for Groupon and Living Social too. If my rates are wrong, then please remove my posts stating this. If I'm correct, then leave them intact. Can't be fairer than that can I?
    We'll see.
    :D
    No posts deleted I see. ;)

Yes, have a great weekend. It's getting hotter all the time.
  • BartyBoy
    BartyBoy Posts: 407
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Samantha

Please could you tell me, if I buy multiple items from Currys, can I order the items all in one order, or do I need to split the items into individual orders, so that I can claim different categories of cashback from you?

Currently you are doing different categories of cashback for specific items (i.e. Sony TV for X%, NEFF appliances for £X, etc), so will your website knows what cashback to go to what item if I put them all in one order?

Many thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure