What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 7th May?

123457»

Comments

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hi Frugal Friends,
    I don't feel I've contributed much this week & as meetings seem to have taken up a lot of my time, I'm also behind with budget tracking, household admin & everyday stuff. I have just written a challenging job list for tomorrow & intend to get off to an early start to get back in control.
    I've still been reading & wish you all a good productive week ahead.
    Good luck tomorrow, Dawn, as I think it may finally be your op? Hope it goes well.
    I'm just going to enter a competition, then I'm going to slump on the sofa with the 'Observer' (free copy) & look forward to roast chicken & to catching up with the last 2 episodes of 'Salamander' tonight.
    Normal DFW service will resume tomorrow, promise x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :)
    Thanks for the good wishes - just hoping it doesn't get cancelled at the last minute :eek: I am not due to go in till 12.00 tomorrow, and should hopefully be allowed home the same day / evening at some point,and then am supposed to take it easy for 2 weeks or so... hmm, we will see! No doubt I will be bossing OH about re urgent gardening tasks at this time of the year! Managed to keep the lergy at bay in preparation, anyway :)

Not a great deal done today after my housework marathon yesterday and the day before. Went to a car boot this morning (2 in fact, as there is another one on the way home from the first one OH wanted to go to). Only bought a few bits to sell on, plus some foodie bits as there is a market attached to the first one, so there was cheap veg, fruit, cheese and bacon on offer :) Stopped off at Lidl and did the rest of the shopping on the way back. Didn't need much but OH wanted a bumper pack of beer, so more was spent than I had intended :cool:
    Did 2 loads of washing, one already dry, the other nearly so :)
    Watered pots in front garden
    Cooked dinner early as we didn't really have lunch, and my brother came over. Roasted lots of sorry veg from the fridge with a small bargainous gammon joint from the local butcher - from a local artisan producer / outdoor pig farm too, but sometimes the butcher gets hold of some small oddly shaped joints, which he sells off 2 for £5 or so. They aren't that small, as it fed 3 and there is enough for OH and I to have cold another day too :)
    Made a batch of oaty crumble mix (a bit like a flapjack topping) for the freezer. Used a few tablespoons to top off some apple and raspberry from the freezer for pudding :)

Still to do:
    Sort / fold dry washing and do a bit of ironing :eek:
    Pay milk bill online and check banks while I am at it
    Update spreadsheet with anything that has gone out of the bank plus today's grocery spends (stuff for selling on already accounted for in business records)
    Water any seedlings that need it

Better get on with some of that!
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Good luck Dawn.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • E11ie
    E11ie Posts: 47 Forumite
    Hi everyone

Today I worked an overtime shift to go towards the debt repayments, it was also a NSD.
    Yesterday I finally got my broadband working and got a free month and £20 bill credit for the ongoing hassle - fingers crossed it continues to work.

My eBay sales all finished this evening so that's contributed to the de-cluttering another £139!!! heading towards the debt. Managed to resist another coffee at work too (only because the shop wasn't open at 7am!) so £2.50 into my savings pot.

Here's to cracking on with another week :-)
    Total debts £6471.03 / £6261 all currently on 0% interest
    Make £2018 in 2018 = £1010
    Focus on 1% challenge = £64.50
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Good luck tomorrow Dawn - I have everything crossed that it's done and dusted by tomorrow night...

Bagged my no spend day, and I earned a bit of cash from tutoring, and I got fed for free at my mam's house. All good. Now I just need an early night so I can try and sleep this headache off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure