PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Selling - 1 Viewing in 2 weeks

12346»

Comments

• swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,683
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I hadn't noticed the kitchen unit handles till they were pointed out. I don't think thats enough to prevent a sale but its certainly odd. That would drive me mad.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    If I were looking in this area I would want a house as far from the motorway as possible. This house is quite near and some of the comparisons were even closer.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Murphybear wrote: »
    If I were looking in this area I would want a house as far from the motorway as possible. This house is quite near and some of the comparisons were even closer.

Even worse, but SO is the deal breaker IMO, people have woken up to how much of a scam this is.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    OP got taken for a ride, their supposed buyers pulled out when the vendor rented it to them, now the OP has an unreliable tenant who doesn't keep their word. I hope you get your tenants out without much expense
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Crashy_Time
    Forumite
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    OP got taken for a ride, their supposed buyers pulled out when the vendor rented it to them, now the OP has an unreliable tenant who doesn't keep their word. I hope you get your tenants out without much expense

The "expense" of this adventure was baked in as soon as they signed up for shared ownership I`m afraid.
  • Crashy_Time
    Forumite
    Leo2020 wrote: »
    Not read all the thread. I have seen a lot worse for sale as in worse condition, very untidy, obvious major problems etc.

Seems OK looking, nothing particularly stands out other than the kitchen handles which appear to be in the wrong place. Never seen handles placed near the top of wall hung units. Looks very odd to me.

I think tenants is an issue as as it will put many people off plus you will only attract a small number of people because it is shared ownership. Small pool of people to start with who would want your house because of shared ownership minus all the ones within that group who will be put off by tenants = not a lot of people who will want to buy.

You can ask for tenants to be gone before finalising the sale, not much you can do about SO?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure