My Motability end 6 months after handing car back help?

Comments

• GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    w06 wrote: »
    glaswejen, worth a read of Rightsnet http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/11055/ seems folk are having their PIP stopped during late reviews, not worth waiting too much longer

I wouldn't expect them to pay me when the award expires. On reading the rightsnet forum it seems that 12 month reviews are for ATOS areas, my assessment was done by SALUS so that's probably why I haven't been called up.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 25 April 2017 at 3:53PM
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect them to pay me when the award expires. On reading the rightsnet forum it seems that 12 month reviews are for ATOS areas, my assessment was done by SALUS so that's probably why I haven't been called up.
    ATOS and CAPITA do PIP assessments and the reviews are normally done 1 year before the award is due to end. This is the case for who ever is doing the assessments.

Having just "googled" SALUS i find they're subcontracted by ATOS in the Scotland area. You should still have been contacted by DWP PIP with a review form to fill in and return to PIP along with your evidence. They then send your file to who ever does the assessment (SALUS) in your case. It wouldn't be SALUS that would send you the review form. My review form was sent to me last year by PIP DWP.
  • poppy12345 wrote: »
    ATOS and CAPITA do PIP assessments and the reviews are normally done 1 year before the award is due to end. This is the case for who ever is doing the assessments.

Having just "googled" SALUS i find they're subcontracted by ATOS in the Scotland area. You should still have been contacted by DWP PIP with a review form to fill in and return to PIP along with your evidence. They then send your file to who ever does the assessment (SALUS) in your case. It wouldn't be SALUS that would send you the review form. My review form was sent to me last year by PIP DWP.

Yes it is the general rule that a 'review' takes place approx. 12 months before the end date.

However I have seen it reported on other forums that the DWP are well within their rights, depending on what the original decision was, that they will treat the award as being 'non reviewable' - that it is for a fixed period only. In this case some claimants are sent a letter some weeks before the end date and the claimant has to make an entirely new claim when the old one finishes.
  • GlasweJen
    Yes it is the general rule that a 'review' takes place approx. 12 months before the end date.

However I have seen it reported on other forums that the DWP are well within their rights, depending on what the original decision was, that they will treat the award as being 'non reviewable' - that it is for a fixed period only. In this case some claimants are sent a letter some weeks before the end date and the claimant has to make an entirely new claim when the old one finishes.

This would be my luck lol! No idea how a tribunal can award a paraplegic for 18 months but my brother in law who laid a patio the other week and who is currently re-tiling his bathroom and kitchen from floor to ceiling got a 5 year award
  • GlasweJen wrote: »
    This would be my luck lol! No idea how a tribunal can award a paraplegic for 18 months but my brother in law who laid a patio the other week and who is currently re-tiling his bathroom and kitchen from floor to ceiling got a 5 year award

Unfortunately PIP is not awarded because of a condition/illness or even a disability.
    It is awarded based on a narrow view of a whole load of descriptors.
    It is entirely possible to be both disabled and ill and in the past be awarded DLA, but if those difficulties don't fit enough descriptors to gain enough points then you fail.
    A short PIP award given can be for two reasons - you are likely to cope better with your difficulties as time goes on OR your difficulties are likely to increase in the short term.
  • GlasweJen
    I'm para, I'll never stand and then walk X again so 18 months won't cut it unless the DWP are funding a trip to Lourdes as well
  • bspm
    bspm Posts: 541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Reviews take place 1 year before your award is due to end. With an award date till November 2018 they will review you in November 2017. Review forms are much shorter than the PIP2 forms and much easier to fill in.

Is this the same for ESA?

There is a reason I ask.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    bspm wrote: »
    Is this the same for ESA?

There is a reason I ask.
    No, ESA is completely different.
  • GlasweJen wrote: »
    I'm para, I'll never stand and then walk X again so 18 months won't cut it unless the DWP are funding a trip to Lourdes as well

I appreciate that, but in the mind of the assessor you may well be able to walk in the future if you had suitable prosthetic legs? Or maybe the assessor is of the opinion that your difficulties will increase?

Even people who have a confirmed serious and life limiting chronic condition will be expected to have to undergo regular re-assessment if there is thought that either they will deteriorate or improve in the short term. In fact those with that level of illness/disability are as likely to not be awarded PIP as they would be awarded some award level.
  • bspm
    bspm Posts: 541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    No, ESA is completely different.

Thank you, did wonder as I was awarded ESA SG March 2014, closest month I can remember without hunting out paperwork, conditions were I was awarded it for two years to be reviewed within twelve months, obviously those dates have long gone.

Lucky me.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport