Clickworker

Comments

• Katini - you are ok, 90% seems to be the pass mark. I flunked out at 88% (mostly because the Yanks don't punctuate correctly and they use US English standards...:o)

I joined up yesterday thanks to this thread and now have 40 Euros stashed, mostly from Groupon texts. I now know more about Groupon than I ever wanted to :D

For anyone struggling with those the secret is to remember you are selling Groupon itself rather than the product/city combo - well, that's the way I've gone and I just use a quick google if my background knowledge needs a spice up. Though it can get a bit difficult being original the fourth time you get the same product with a different city... still they seem to like what I've done so far.

I reckon you need to do about four an hour to match minimum wage, but it usually takes me about 20-30mins for each one, so some way to go. The old noggin turns to mush after a while, though. Still, I'm going to try to clear 100 Euros this week if I can. By the weekend I have visions of me telling everyone in the pub how much cheaper their beer would be if only they had vouchers :rotfl:
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone - Thoreau
  • By the weekend I have visions of me telling everyone in the pub how much cheaper their beer would be if only they had vouchers :rotfl:

This made me properly LOL. I have stopped doing them for a few days as I started dreaming about Groupon!!
  • kiss_me_now9
    kiss_me_now9 Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Flunked out of the proofreader assessment with 73% - I maintain that e.g. is incorrect and it should have been i.e!
    £2023 in 2023 challenge - £17.79 January

• amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Flunked out of the proofreader assessment with 73% - I maintain that e.g. is incorrect and it should have been i.e!

I did exactly the same thing :mad: Stupid Americans :rotfl:
  • It depends if you present a partial or a complete list:

• A deck of cards is divided into suits, e.g. clubs and diamonds
    • A deck of cards is divided into suits, i.e. clubs, diamonds, hearts and spades
    e.g is illustrative, i.e. is definitive

Hope this helps, and good luck next time :beer:
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone - Thoreau
  • kettlefish
    kettlefish Posts: 333 Forumite
    I think it was a bit of a cheek that the British English proofreading assessment misspelt "favourite" as "favorite" in all the given examples!
  • kiss_me_now9
    kiss_me_now9 Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It depends if you present a partial or a complete list:

• A deck of cards is divided into suits, e.g. clubs and diamonds
    • A deck of cards is divided into suits, i.e. clubs, diamonds, hearts and spades
    e.g is illustrative, i.e. is definitive

Hope this helps, and good luck next time :beer:

Ahh, that's interesting to know! Mine was 'the constitution of the US has 27 points ___ the right to bear arms and the right to free speech' (roughly) :)

Kettlefish, there's no British English assessment yet I don't think, it's American English only. :(
    £2023 in 2023 challenge - £17.79 January

• katini
    katini Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker

I had to google it because I was unsure. I hope by the time I can repeat it in November that they have brought out a British English version because it's very annoying being tested on American English
  • katini
    katini Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What's going on with Groupon? There appears to be two types of tasks now and one of them pays 30c less for the same amount of words!! Bit off!!
  • I've just seen that too, katini! Well, I guess I know which ones I'll choose to do though ;-) But I'm stopping for dinner now, my brain is fried and I'm struggling to concoct sentences again...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback