NICS EOII re testing

Options
pepper33
pepper33 Posts: 508 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hi, I am a NICS and applied for the last EO11 competition, but did not reach the score in the on line test. However some of my colleagues who also failed, are being called to tests at Stranmillis.
Is everyone being called for retesting?

Comments

• GBNI
    GBNI Posts: 576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Did they definitely fail the first test? As far as I know, it is only if you passed the first online test that you get called for the verification.
  • damianmcr
    damianmcr Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    They didnt fail just didnt score high enough to get called the first two rounds.
  • pepper33
    Options
    Unless they lied to me, we all failed it in our office
  • Lauri254
    Lauri254 Posts: 393 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 26 May 2018 at 10:48PM
    Options
    Maybe folk didn't actually fail, they just didn't score highly enough to be progressed in the original phase? From my experience, some people I know were saying they'd failed when the results came out but they hadn't they just didn't made the top 660. No idea why anyone would lie and say they failed when they didn't actually fail.

The first phase was the top 660 scorers, then from what I heard from a few people I know in other Dept's, they took the next 1000ish in phase 2, and now they have moved on to phase 3 which i heard is a similar number of people being brought forward to verification & interviews.
  • pepper33
    edited 26 May 2018 at 9:27PM
    Options
    no didn't think they had lied,because they were so disappointed.
    I cannot remember what my score was, but I know the test was pretty awful for everyone no matter what age???
    Also it does not allow for social and personality, as the majority of management do not have social skills,and that is what you need to deal with staff at a management level.
    How do you find out your score?
  • Lauri254
    Lauri254 Posts: 393 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Then they may have just took the view that they failed as they were not in the top 660.

I think it's a hard process to get right, as some people perform better at tests than the interview & vice versa. I don't think anyone was a big fan of the test, I wasn't dying about it myself.

You should be able to ring HR Connect and ask them to provide you with your score and the breakdown that was provided when the results were originally issued last year, it definitely gave the pass mark for each section & your own score so you could see if each section was passed.
  • pepper33
    Options
    Would it be the same for the EO1 interview which I did the year before last, as I was not allowed a LMA, as my manager wouldn't give me one.
    I did the interview and the marks I got were enough if I had the LMA. I always do better at interviews for some reason.

What is the point of actually doing that test, if they have to verify that you actually did it yourself.
    It is a total waste of money and a bit of a joke, as staff that were promoted years ago could not do that test.

I went to Queens and got an Hons degree in business and management law, and yet you get turned down for not being good at maths. Very frustrating for young people who don't get promoted because of tests like these.
  • Sugarmummy
    Sugarmummy Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    How did you get an interview for EO1 if your not an EO2??? Thought you had to be an EO2 with experience.

If you haven't got called for the third round of verification then your marks weren't high enough. Don't think anybody really technically failed their results they just weren't good enough for the first or second round but are now for the third. The EO2 is one of the hardest ranks to get in the civil service and no matter what, qualifications isn't everything-there are others sitting with third level qualifications at AO level.

Anyway would love to know where the jobs are they are recruiting these EO2s for??
  • pepper33
    Options
    It was because I was in the NIO, and when we were devolved back in 2010, we did not get the equal pay, because NIPSA forgot about us, but we did get a crack at the EO1 interview and no test.

I know it is very unfair that a lot of people are sitting with one or two degrees and have managers that are useless. I provided information on employment law when he asked me how to do with a situation.

Typists as well, get extra money for just being a typist, and then in the NIO the typists came across to NICS as AO, whilst in the NICS the typists were deemed to be AA. They make up the rules as they go along
  • Sugarmummy
    Sugarmummy Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    It's total shambles....they haven't really thought about it. They tried to reduce numbers through voluntary exit and then recruiting so many EO2s internally....but where are the jobs?? Everything is going digital which means less manpower? I dont know I think perhaps the aas and the aos will amalgamate eventually and so will the EO2 and the EO1s but without a local government to regulate things they really don't Really have a plan.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure