Martin's Broadcast Appearances Discussions

Comments

• derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    MSE_Martin wrote:
    Derrick, often its not correct or incorrect dates, its a change in when then schedule the programme. Eg. with MMR rich its changed 7 times!

There's little we can do - sorry :(

Martin, my original question was,"what day was the broadcast supposed to be? as the email stated "TONIGHT WITH TREVOR MACDONALD: The brief was to set three celebs a tax test. It's on this Fri, 5 Dec, ITV1, 8pm"

Well Friday was the 3rd and Monday was the 5th, so the email days/dates where wrong, not the schedule, and I asked what was really a simple question,
    "What day WAS it to be?"

Obviously it is now academic as it is over, but a correction to the day/dates would have been appropiate as it had been drawn to the forums attention.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• trying to respond to andreas' post of 5.32 advising that martin is starting a regular slot on the new itv " 5 o'clock show" ....

Oh dear .. what a shame !!... i like richard hammond on top gear and was looking forward to this show of his ...

it's dreadful ... long time since i've seen such a bad tv programme !! .
    What's it supposed to be about ?? ... it's just rubbish ......waffle .. full of adverts and hammond just keeps mntioning it's his live tv show. .and phone in £1 a minute to our ridiculous competition. ...
    oh .. his female sidekick's just poured curry and cheesecake all over his jacket ... just what we want our kids to see ! ?? ..

MARTIN ... DON'T DO IT !!!! .. turn the job down ... it'll do your cred no god at all .

It's just finished .. thank heavens .. really was the very worst prog i've seen for a long time .. never again !!
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    trying to respond to andreas' post of 5.32 advising that martin is starting a regular slot on the new itv " 5 o'clock show" ....

Oh dear .. what a shame !!... i like richard hammond on top gear and was looking forward to this show of his ...

it's dreadful ... long time since i've seen such a bad tv programme !! .
    What's it supposed to be about ?? ... it's just rubbish ......waffle .. full of adverts and hammond just keeps mntioning it's his live tv show. .and phone in £1 a minute to our ridiculous competition. ...
    oh .. his female sidekick's just poured curry and cheesecake all over his jacket ... just what we want our kids to see ! ?? ..

MARTIN ... DON'T DO IT !!!! .. turn the job down ... it'll do your cred no god at all .

It's just finished .. thank heavens .. really was the very worst prog i've seen for a long time .. never again !!

I agree it is junk, but it may grow on us, maybe let it bed in?

re the pound a minute comp line, it is £1 per call, not that I would ever call those numbers.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Did find it quite amusing today that immediately after Martins slot to reduce debt there was the £1 comp line.

I agree the show won't last long. I too like Richard Hammond, but this is a bit wierd. It's a bit too "a show for the ordinary people". Sorry, but I really don't want to know about a woman who makes dog hair wool or the Batman and Robin of Reading.

Bring back repeats of 1990s Home and Away in the 5pm ITV slot.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • franney
    franney Posts: 231 Forumite
    The one show i wanted to see (tonight's) and i missed it :( Sorry Martin!
    We will be going to watch it live tomorrow however - if i don't bottle out - there's quite a bit of audience participation isn't there and i'm very shy!
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Just caught the news, don't normally have TV on at lunchtime. Martin saving yet another family hundreds of ££££££. I can't believe the amount of money that was being thrown away. Certainly getting plenty airtime these days and the ad campaign in the Tube etc too.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • bylromarha wrote:
    ...I agree the show won't last long. I too like Richard Hammond, but this is a bit wierd. It's a bit too "a show for the ordinary people". Sorry, but I really don't want to know about a woman who makes dog hair wool or the Batman and Robin of Reading.

In fact all you had to do was see the cringeworthy trailers for this programme to know it would be garbage.

Poor little Richard Hammond - he ought to have done his homework on the "curse of Top Gear" and see what happens to presenters or ex-presenters when they do other things - the prime example being Quentin Nobody or whatever his name is of course - doomed to present crud it seems from here to eternity...
  • Nikki
    Nikki Posts: 775 Forumite
    Smiley_Mum wrote:
    Just caught the news, don't normally have TV on at lunchtime. Martin saving yet another family hundreds of ££££££. I can't believe the amount of money that was being thrown away. Certainly getting plenty airtime these days and the ad campaign in the Tube etc too.

I think it's a regular slot on the lunchtime news this week. They filmed the shopping bit in our Sainsburys on Friday and luckily i was working, went and said a quick hello to Martin once the cameras stopped rolling(couldn't pass that oppertunity up!!).
  • Martin was on sky news today,btw was that moneysaving towers they filmed you at?;)
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    The lady that Martin is helping all this week on ITV news has some really cute kids, particularly the youngest one, really sweet.

I've downshifted a lot of my shopping since the beginning of the year and I now spend about half on groceries per week now compared to what I used to spend. :money:
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure