PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 10th April 2018

Comments

• dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning (just) everyone :hello:

It's a rainy old day here which suits my mood unfortunately.

Holly, I am so sorry to read your latest update, I hope you can find someone to talk to about all this, I echo Elona's thoughts about PALS. You are right though, you couldn't make it up if you tried :eek:.

My meeting yesterday was very very difficult and I was unable to sleep yet again for rehashing the whole thing over and over again to see if I should have said or done anything different. My lovely cmht lady was a star and kept me calm and focussed but I am pretty sure it didn't go well for me. It's out of my hands now though and I just have to wait 4-6 weeks for the outcome, I just wish my stupid brain would calm down.

I've just had a royal visit from my mum to bring me my birthday cards for tomorrow. It was nice to see her even if it was only a quick visit. My youngest sister popped in last night with a card and some beautiful lillies which are just opening today and smell lovely.
    I don't have anything planned for tomorrow except for going for a coffee and cake with my cmht lady so I'm hoping for a nice peaceful day.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,078 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have just read your latest post Holly and am sending a great big hug. I find it so hard to understand how a month ago you were sectioned,and then less than a week after you came home they are withdrawing support altogether,its unbelievable and I'm so sorry.

If its any help,(and I dont know if it is :o) try and focus on the nice things that have happened since you came home,reconnecting with your old friend and having a nice dinner to look forward to, and your DB surprising you with your tea out, and talking to your friends on here,pottering in your kitchen and cooking xxx

Hugs also to Dumpling,really sorry you thought the meeting went badly,lets hope you're wrong xxx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Holly ask the gp on Thursday to request a medication review and also for a change of consultant. Having worked for a MH medical director I know this is possible, so pls dont let the MH team fob you off. It does sound odd if the consultant "is scared of you" - maybe more likely a drugs cost issue or patient capacity within the team being stretched.

Also email what you have written above to the Medical Director for your MH trust, their Chair of Governors AND your MP - they will all have quick timescales for responding.

Floss xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Holly i really don't know what to say...what a screwed up situation. Stay calm, you really don't want to be sectioned again.

What a day I'm having. 5 games of snakes and ladders, me dog is coughing and I've had prodigal here off and on all morning.

Seems like someone has cloned his debit card and used it to make unauthorised purchases....He's been using the shop that Youngest got scammed out of £800 to draw out money out the cash machine. They have been using his card on Google play...He's been to the bank. They've referred him to action fraud. Because he has Google account they won't refund him as he can't prove it wasn't him who made the purchases. He's gone storming off to the police station although I know and have told him they will turn him away. The procedure is he will be interviewed by phone and he hasn't got a phone cause he lost it.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Ye gods and little fishes, Holly I am speechless! What's this with the consultant is "scared of you"? Surely he's paid to help people like you - or am I missing the point somewhere?

TA I agree hospital car parking charges are scandalous - that's why I went along with Mr LW when he had to go for tests, and brought the car home! It cost less in petrol to do that and then pick him up after than it would've been for him to park! Anyways, let's hope the op achieves what it is supposed to, and that Mr TA feels better for it once he's had chance to recover from it.

Buddy and Indi are due to be picked up in an hour, so I need to get all their things together. We are going to miss them; but the good news is they are coming back in July for a two and a half week stay.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Helebore
    Helebore Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 April 2018 at 1:41PM
    Holly I echo what Floss has said, I would also be inclined to contact 'Mind' for some form of assistance. That 'nurse' had no right to state about your consultant being 'scared' of you. What an absolutely awful thing to say to someone that 'they' deem to be a suicide risk. I am so sorry that they are treating you so appallingly.
    Best wishes. I am sooo appalled.
    I would also contact the Zito Trust, they may be able to help, they have an email address.
    Helena
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have just speed read the morning's posts as I have another appointment to go out to, but didn't want to read and run.

Huge amounts of hugs to Holly, Dumpling and Judi.

Holly as Judi says try and stay calm, use all the tricks that you know might help you, you have one and a half days to get through until the GP you know is on duty, perhaps you could cross off each hour as you get through it. Take care:)
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • HOLLY I honestly don't know what to say that would help. I agree with everything that everyone else has said and urge you to take note of what FLOSS has added. These so called professionals are supposed to be responsible for your care.

DUMPLING I am sure your assessment went better than you are thinking and you are worrying needlessly. Fingers crossed.

((HUGS)) all round in abundance today and blow the expense! So many problems. xx

Mr TA is much improved after a fairly decent night's sleep. He was only up twice in the night for the loo and this last month or two it's been every two hours, leaving him (and me!) dog tired all the next day! Apparently his stent had travelled into the bladder, causing trabeculation (I had to look the meaning of that up!) and considerable aggravation. Let's hope his new stent stays put!

Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Afternoon everyone,

Has finally brightened up & the sun is shining :j

Holly, I am so :mad: at your treatment - I could spit :mad: The treatment you have received is abhorrent :mad:

I have no experience with this sort of thing but was the treatment plan that was agreed on put in writing? A copy of that should be put with your post & then as Floss suggested emailed onwards.

When you see the GP perhaps you could give him a copy of your original post about what was agreed & a copy of today’s post. I know when I get scared about something my ability to speak coherently flies out the window & then I sob - I realise it is not conducive to good outcomes but I can never stop myself :( I am sending hugs.

On a different topic, when I first joined up I was reading a thread (don’t know which one:o) with someone called Roundtuit posting. Does anyone know if Roundtuit is still posting & where? I really enjoyed reading the posts & some of the back & forth was hilarious :laugh:

Thank you

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Helebore
    Helebore Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Holly, I would also contact a solicitor dealing with mental health stuff, they are usually pretty good at helping, I don't know if the ward you were on gave you a list of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure