PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th April 2018

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,995 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Oh my goodness gosh and gracious... the RAC have just got their knickers in a knot and cancelled OHs car insurance.. stranding him at work... now I have to sort that out.. because I have nothing at all in the world better to do of course!

I have evicted Olaf from the fridge.. he was taking up far too much room.. if Elsa wants him she can fish him out of the drain lol.

Dinner cooked and scoffed.. now this blooming car rubbish has given in indigestion... I don't need this aggravation!!

Kichen mopped
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Roast chicken and veg eaten
    Nails filed
    sleep declutter :)
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Made a phone call that I wasn't looking forward to.
    Cleared the paperwork pile - dealt with it not just shredded it, although that was tempting.
    More washing, so that the bottom of the waiting pile is in sight. More than can be said for the ironing pile.
    Lunch out with a friend for her birthday. Grocery shop on the way home.
    Dinner cooked, kitchen tidied, cuppa made.
    Thick fog outside. More November than April.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Surprised how busy our park was in the rain. DS2 caught lots of poke mons.

Dailies done

Charity shop bags have been collected
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,995 Forumite
    Well my fitbit appears to have died a death.. oh well.. nvm.

Everyone away to bed thank goodness.. and silent, even better.

I'm going to go raid the kitchen in a minute.. I have a serious case of PMT munchies!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 April 2018 at 9:16PM
    have consolidated magazine and paper piles (4) into a magazine and a paper pile. Loads of envelopes opened, windows cut out and rest to recycling and some other stuff sorted. Handbag emptied; purse de-receipted. Bureau tidied. Bedside table (on the side I don't sleep) checked. Anyone would think I had lost/mislaid something...

:rotfl:

I have, of course. My - you-MUST-wear-this-id-badge-everyday

no-one has said anything! Chances are it's at work.
    WHERE I did an emergency stationery order then...
    I discovered 2 long arm staplers with the with the incorrect size of staples, prised them open and whizzed the staples which were in (wrong size because they had been mislabelled) relabelled them with correct size, installed correct staples, they now ALL work - all three of them. Because we had one functioning one. Perhaps we can stop buying and jamming staplers *rubs chin* emptied plastic crate of 1000s of random, unboxed strips of staples. And realised that we have hardly any of the correct/most common staple sizes so thats ANOTHER order I have to squeeze in...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • DS1 has helped with various tasks today as he knows I'm still not well enough to resume normal mode! He vacuumed the whole house (have a carpet fitter coming to measure up tomorrow) sorted recycling containers back into spaces and bin too..
    Helped me tidy the kitchen and cleaned up a water spill when I accidentally kicked over the cat bowl:eek:
    He kept an eye on me whilst I emptied out under the sink to wipe out & re organise, a few things should be in the shed and everything else tidied and put back in order (discovered 6 bottles of white vinegar!) he cleaned up after tea and got his brother to chip in as well!
    I'm absolutely shattered now..
    So, I am decluttering a cuppa and attempting to finish my book!
    Night all :)
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Another busy couple of days.

Trip to the seaside involved teching for the band. Himself was entertained by my adopting classic grumpy soundman mode, especially when I went from apparent deep sleep on the sofa to instantly up and sorting feedback before it became a massive issue. I didn't quite do it right, as I wasn't wearing a woolly hat and my jeans aren't halfway down my backside, but I definitely nailed the attitude and body language :D

Unfortunately, got knocked sideways by a horrendous start of AF on the train home - I was prepared for the appearance, but not the level of pain; it actually brought tears to my eyes and, just as we walked in through the front door, I got stopped dead in my tracks. Decamped to bed and Himself massaged my lower back for ages until the painkillers finally kicked in.

Boiler men finally turned up today, tutted and went away again. They claimed they might be back later in the day with a part but I'd get phoned by the Office first. Yeah, right.

Decided to go up for a short rest this afternoon, as there was no way they were going to come back after such a lame excuse - and woke up three hours later - no call (obviously). And then went off to meet one of Himself's old drummers, who has been ill for a few years, but is looking to get back into playing. Had a nice evening in a pub, just [strike]talking nonsense[/strike] chatting.

The plan for the morning is -

Get up at a reasonable hour
    Go to the big supermarket
    Get some supplies in for next week
    Persuade Himself to get some shorts for his tour (as it's going to be HOT)
    Himself gets some foreign currency
    I transfer some money into his account

Some housework to get the place looking usable whilst he's away - because I have NO intention of spending the week cleaning after work, only to have it trashed when he gets back.

Lazing around doing nothing whilst he has a last minute rehearsal.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Sorry I've not been in for seems like ages hugs to all who need them
    Im working full time and some at the mo as I'm now doing four different roles at work two are possibly only till summer but I'm loving it I just have so little spare time, flying is now off list and dh is being a star and taken on lots of jobs around the house so I'm coming home checking what he's pulled in during his lunch break and fitting a bit in then at the weekends we both pull a few jobs in. He's spent the last two weekends decluttering the garage, and I've been using lots of my crafting stash up making either crocheted blankets for the homeless or bead bags for the children's oncology Ward, so decluttering while supporting good causes.

Right better get on as work is calling.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Morning all,

Have finally caught up with myself after our few days away. We had a lovely time and the sun shone constantly :j

The weather here now however is more like November than April. Such a washout for the Easter hols. Kiddies go back on Monday; we have to stay in all day today waiting for a delivery for DH :cool: so it may well be a long day with them climbing the walls!

I have already unloaded the DW, set the WM going and sorted a pile of paperwork that was cluttering up the side. And ordered a couple of bits online.

Managed not to gain any weight whilst on hols so standing fast at 10 stone 8lbs, two more pounds to get to my goal weight.

YL - I hope your DS is now fully recovered x
    Nice to see you Mrs MP x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport