PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th February 2018

Options

Comments

• MadamMim2013
    Options
    Oooh.. Forgot to add that did paid work this am, had intended to come home and sleep as still struggling :(
    Drs rang, cancelled bloods for Monday..:mad: then made me an apt for Tuesday to see Dr, so he could then make me an appointment for bloods!!:eek::mad:.. Stupid stupid system!
    Anyhoo.. Decided in my grumpy state to get my DS's to help me with the stinky dust pit that is their room (it's always tidy, just in need of a good clean)
    So, beds pulled out, walls washed, skirting too.. Vacuumed within an inch of life.
    Cupboards emptied, 2 black bags for the homeless, one for charity, one for children's ward.
    Then proceeded to make tea, sausages and pasta with salad for me n DS1, coronation chicken baguette with salad for DS2, dishes washed & left to dry (DS2 job to pack away)
    Am pleased with what was accomplished today.
    Heading to bed now, hoping for a good cleaning day tomoz :T

Pigpen it's always been a real bugbear of mine that children are pushed to grow up so fast.. Milestones, jabs, can they do this.. If not, why not.. Pfft, makes me grump..
    Tell um to do one and let lil one grow at her own pace, they do so much better when allowed to do things as they are ready..
    Hey, what do we know though, we're just the parent! ;)
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ATB.. do you not have a walk-in centre or minor injuries unit you could go to if the gp is useless... Have you tried requesting a home visit? If I cannot get a vital appointment I ring and ask for a home visit.. they ask if I can make it to the surgery and I say if you have space for me yes I can.. and they always say come at X time but you will have to sit and wait.. definitely try the home visit route.

Nice clean sheets on my bed and Twinkles.. 2x WM set to go and the DW and TD are on again. Sofabed folded away and Dots other glasses found and the miracle is they are not broken!

Tomorrow I have the front room to rebuild, the bathroom to gut and clean.. it is unholy in there. Then I need a swift flingage in the middle room. I have 5 ebeast items to post and Dots replacement glasses to pick up.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening everyone

Hugs and gws vibes for all the poorlies and a big :D for the grumps

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson done
    Twenty minutes exercise
    Dusted all through
    Made lasagne for dinner - it just seems to take forever eh
    Kitchen all WUDUPA, bunkers wiped down and morning oats made

H2H. Top cupboard in spare room all cleared and sorted through. Cleaned shelf and replaced a couple of things. Found the manuals for all the kitchen electricals and put in kitchen drawer. Rest of stuff put in CS bag.

MAD. All current paperwork sorted, personal info clipped ready to shred, rubbish to paper box and rest ready to file tomorrow.

Magnificent Monday ~ Master Bedroom
    Remove and wash bed linen
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen..
    Vacuum floors in bedroom
    Extra Mission
    Wipe down the skirting in the bedroom

Twinkling Tuesday - Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    Clean floors in these rooms
    Clean baths/shower, toilets, don't forget under the rim! and sinks
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom..
    Extra mission:
    Pick whichever you want to attempt:
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    Clean the radiators in these rooms

Whitening Wednesday ~ Kitchen and Dining Room
    Sweep and mop floors
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Clean out the cupboard full of pasta and packets and pickles..
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Extra Mission
    Choose one or more of:
    Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    Clean oven if it really needs it.. or just do the hob or a knob!!..
    Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET

Thundering Thursday- Living Room and Hall
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!)
    Wipe skirtings, doorframes and other paintwork
    Extra Mission:
    Clean a radiator or two.

Hugs, sticks and spoons if you need some
    Hope you all have a super Thursday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Late shift today so I have:-
    Done the ironing 2 empty baskets and all put away
    Hoovered downstairs
    Made my lunch

Off down to the town in a bit to do odd stuff.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    At home all morning today and my living room needs a good going over, not just cleaning but there are too many adds and ends that are in the wrong place. So am going to set the timer on my phone like I did on Monday and get going.
    xx
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Kaz you have no idea how much that means, all the support on here is amazing.

Feeling better this morning (still need to address the issue of everyone treating me like an unpaid servant but hey ho). No work for a couple of days as I have some last minute holidays to use up so I think DS and I are going to the seaside!

Need to have a shower and wash my hair, decide whether its worth hanging washing out or putting it over the airer, deal with utility floor (again) and make sure verything is tidyish before we go out.

Hope the eye is getting better atb x
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    OK 20 minutes done, shoes all taken upstairs along with odd clothes, hats ties etc. woodburner cleared out ready to light later, cushions on one sofa plumped up. Generally looking much better. 10 minutes pause on computer with a cup of coffee then 20 more minutes should do it.
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    Living room now all straight, dusted round main areas (ignored bookshelves in library), sofas plumped up, cushions and throws sorted. Vacuumed living room and stairs and quickly round the kitchen and door mats before it ran out of puff.
    Next task will be sorting washing and ironing, there are 2 baskets but a lot of it is underwear so there shouldn't be too much ironing until I do more washing. Coffee drunk so best head off for another 20 minutes
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Options
    Yorkshirelass, I felt like an unpaid servant about 3 or 4 years ago, and unloved, so I went (as some of the flyladies will remember) on strike! I looked after the cat and me and that was all, cooking / cleaning for the cat and me..............I don't have any children, but at the time it was OH plus an adult house guest.........it took them 10 days for the penny to drop.............even now OH hooveres for me and does some washing, takes the washing basket downstairs, carries the hoover upstairs, goes shopping for food.....it all helps.
    Are you able to pull back a bit, and get others in your household to help more age dependant for certain types of jobs?

Parcel posted
    Other stuff done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    YL do your family actually know what needs to be done? I felt like you when they were all at home and felt it was my lot as I didn't work full time and had flexibilty to take them here there and everywhere. Now they have both lived away on their own they have discovered that food doesn't just magically appear or clothes clean themselves. When they are back home now they are helpful, the eldest DD used to tell her sister 3 years younger to help me more and not to expect me to drop everything for her. They have admitted that they didn't realise there was so much to running a home.

Big hugs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport