Options

Comments

• flopsy1973
    Options
    dave_dph wrote: »
    Within Tesco online banking:

• Click on the savings account you want the money to go to
    • On the left side of the screen click on 'Move Money In'
    • In the centre of the screen you will be asked to select and existing account to move money from, you need to click 'Add New' to set up a new instruction
    • Complete the necessary fields for the bank account you want to move money from, ensuring you select 'Regular' to set up a regular payment. The account nickname is something you may want to call the account in order to aid easy selection within your Tesco list of payees.
    Once you click 'Confirm' at the end of the process you monthly direct debit will be created.

Any problems just shout!

thanks for that but there is no tab on left for moving money in ???
    i have the current account with Tesco

thanks
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    flopsy1973 wrote: »

thanks
    Read the thread title to see what you're missing. The key word is the first one! ;)
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    flopsy1973 wrote: »

thanks

That would explain it then.
  • myth123
    myth123 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any Nationwide MySave account holders get a letter advising that their MySave account will be moving to a Direct Easy access account?

It's not too clear if this new account will allow Direct Debit deposits.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 December 2016 at 3:43PM
    Options
    I chanced upon a credit union based in Edinburgh that accepts DDs for its savings account.

Obviously it's only relevant if you live within its territorial area - Edinburgh, the Lothians, Scottish Borders, Falkirk, Clackmannanshire, Fife, Angus and Dundee.

£15 minimum monthly pay in, and there are membership fee terms and conditions to consider if you don't use the account.

Nothing too offputting though IMO.

However, there may be CUs in other parts of the UK with similar savings accounts that accept DDs in ?
  • waqasahmed
    waqasahmed Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I chanced upon a credit union based in Edinburgh that accepts DDs for its savings account.

Obviously it's only relevant if you live within its territorial area - Edinburgh, the Lothians, Scottish Borders, Falkirk, Clackmannanshire, Fife, Angus and Dundee.

£15 minimum monthly pay in, and there are membership fee terms and conditions to consider if you don't use the account.

Nothing too offputting though IMO.

However, there may be CUs in other parts of the UK with similar savings accounts that accept DDs in ?

Do you know the name of this credit union?
  • diamondchap
    Options
    Capital Credit Union.
  • odalay
    odalay Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Which West Brom BS account allows direct debit feed? I've looked but cant see anything on the website,,,thanks!
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just noticed that my ICICI Hi-Save DD for December wasn't taken. Logged in to ICICI's (rather basic) website and got to their 'transfer' section only to find this message:
    The transfer facility from the nominated linked account through direct debit has been withdrawn. Going forward, you will not be able to setup any new fund transfer request to fund your Hisave Savings Account or Hisave SuperSaver Savings Account through the Direct debit facility.

If you have already setup a direct debit through the nominated linked account before December 23, 2016, then your payment into your Hisave account through direct debits will continuing.

Alternatively, please request your nominated current account bank with whom you have your nominated linked current account, to transfer funds to your Hisave Super Saver Savings Account or HiSAVE Savings Account.

Which means another DD option has gone. As mine was set up before their deadline and they say old ones will continue I shall write to them and ask for re-instatement, but it's another option closed for new accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure