18-63. Ebay parcels (posted)
    64. Book (car boot)
    65. Magazine (recycling)
    66. Set of plates (car boot)
    67. Small pot (car boot)
    68. Biscuit tin (recycling)
    69-76. Ebay parcels (posted)
    77-93. Ebay parcels (posted)
    94. Piggy Bank (binned - broken by little jwil)
    95-99. Books (car boot)
    100-114. Ebay parcels (posted)
    116. Breast pump parts (binned)
    117-118. Books (car boot)
    119-124. Ebay parcels (posted)
    125. Pile of newspaper/magazines (recycled)
    126. Book (car boot)
    127-128. Ebay parcels (posted)
    129. Changing bag (binned, not recyclable)
    130. Ebay parcel (posted)
    131. Book (car boot)
    132. Book (car boot)
    133 - 136. Ebay parcels (posted)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on the listings and sales and de cluttering jwil. You're doing great! just make sure you don't over do it. :)
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • peaceandfreedom
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    He has one - it's crammed floor to ceiling and you can't get in it. The room is also meant to be little jwil (and baby's) bedroom, so he knows he needs to get clearing. The stuff has also filled the loft, garage, and downstairs to a certain extent.

Golly gosh, Jwil, I knew you had a lot of stuff but this is a bigger problem than I realised before. It is no wonder you are stressed out by it all.

As his mother was also a hoarder, it sounds like it will take more than just you being firm with him to sort this problem out. Does your DH realise how stressed out it makes you? Have you ever suggested counselling to him?

I know a lot of the stuff came from his mother in the first place, but this level of hoarding is simply unhealthy for all of you :(.
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    well done on the numbers and hugs for the way you have been feeling lately. counselling does sound like a good option and something to think about if your husband is an excessive hoarder. Enjoy your time away and relax xx
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Hey jwil

((hugs)) and feel free to PM me if you need to x i won't post too much here as i know you said you may delete your post. But i am thinking of you and hope it gets easier xx

well done on the decluttering - i've started a book with the intention of decluttering it - but after reading the first chapter i might keep it :o its a practical book rather than a novel - we'll see how the rest of it goes...

hope you have a lovely trip away xx
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    October's targets

1.[STRIKE]£89[/STRIKE] - £89C1
    2.[STRIKE]£117[/STRIKE] - £117 MI
    3.[STRIKE]£2060[/STRIKE] - £2060 LI
    4.[STRIKE]£150[/STRIKE] - £150 HA
    5.[STRIKE]£250[/STRIKE] - £250 BCM

Total: [STRIKE]£2666[/STRIKE] - £2666
  • jwil
    Options
    Thank you all for your support, it means a lot to me :)

Sadly DH won't do counselling, he has tried it before and didn't think it helped.

He is making an effort, I must give him some credit. When we first got together, to see anything leaving the house was a no no. Now he does clear stuff out and sell it - he now thinks as long as he has a photo of something, he knows he owned it once. That is a massive improvement and I am very happy about it. My only issue is that he doesn't move as quickly as I would like him to, and is always preferring to do something else. He knows he needs to get on, and hopefully we will make some progress this month.
  • jwil
    Options
    I haven't been on for a few days, though I've been lurking. Trying to wind things down at the moment. I've set my targets for October, I'm not very optimistic about them though.

We've got to get the boiler serviced, pay the energy bill and I've got another few bills that need to be paid as well. Plus being away will hamper progress.

I've put on 22 listings for DH, which I will upload next week. I'm going to do his relists today or tomorrow due to not wanting to waste the free listings and the opportunity to clear some stuff. They will go out after we are back so that's not a problem.

I have a few items I want to put on for me, but haven't prepped them yet. I have other stuff I need to do first, so will see how I get on. I'll put some of my BIN on auctions to use my free listing, just to see if any sell and also they will go out after we come back as well.

I deleted a load of stuff from ebay the other day, and will delete a load more tomorrow when I end my BINs. It's books which are not shifting so I'm just going to get them out for car boot.

We had a lot of sales this week which is nice. So a lot of my spare time has been spent packing and posting. I'll tally up and add to my decluttering list.

I've spent some of my ebay money on some fleecy pyjamas for little jwil as he refuses to have a cover on overnight, so I don't want him getting cold. They look lovely and snuggly, I want some! :D

I have received a £10 amazon voucher from a survey site. Caught up with all surveys again. Cashed in a massive 22p from a cashback site :D It all helps!

DH has reached £50 on you gov, so will cash that in when he gives me his bank details. I'm not far from getting there myself so hoping for lots of surveys coming through.

Hope everyone is well :)
  • jwil
    Options
    Decluttering: aim - 1000 items

1-8. Ebay parcels (posted)
    9-17. Books (car boot)
    18-63. Ebay parcels (posted)
    64. Book (car boot)
    65. Magazine (recycling)
    66. Set of plates (car boot)
    67. Small pot (car boot)
    68. Biscuit tin (recycling)
    69-76. Ebay parcels (posted)
    77-93. Ebay parcels (posted)
    94. Piggy Bank (binned - broken by little jwil)
    95-99. Books (car boot)
    100-114. Ebay parcels (posted)
    116. Breast pump parts (binned)
    117-118. Books (car boot)
    119-124. Ebay parcels (posted)
    125. Pile of newspaper/magazines (recycled)
    126. Book (car boot)
    127-128. Ebay parcels (posted)
    129. Changing bag (binned, not recyclable)
    130. Ebay parcel (posted)
    131. Book (car boot)
    132. Book (car boot)
    133 - 136. Ebay parcels (posted)
    137- 139. Books (car boot)
    140 - 178. Ebay parcels (posted)
  • jwil
    Options
    Wow, over the last few days we have sold 38 items between us :T :T That's a lot of stuff gone :D

I also had to buy a new battery for the camera as it stopped working. I just bought a cheap second hand one as I wasn't sure if the camera had broken as it's been iffy for a while. Luckily the new battery seems to have cured it, and also cured a fault that has been present for ages which I didn't realise was linked. That means we don't have to buy a new camera just yet :T

I also had to buy more printer ink. It was annoying having to buy it right before we go away, but seeing how many parcels we've had going out, it's not really surprising!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport