Shifting this debt one £ at a time.

jwil
jwil Posts: 19,065 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
edited 14 October 2014 at 2:46PM in Debt free diaries
Hey everyone :)

I'm back after being awol for a while. I completely lost my MSE mojo, life was getting in the way and the finances not improving.

I've been lurking around, but neglected my MSE friends and haven't really been posting.

I've decided I need to get back into it and focus again and hopefully some old and new friends will join me.

I have a lot of debt, and it has been just ticking over. I don't make great headway into it and my finances are tight so it's a constant struggle.

The last few months have nearly tipped me over the edge, and I have seriously considered a DMP but have decided I will try and give it one last blast.

Anyway, I keep having bursts of enthusiasm and then getting despondent because I am not getting anywhere. I need to stop this. The debt didn't build up overnight, so it's not going away overnight unless I win the lottery :D.

The plan is much as usual:

Sell as much as I can - ebay is still the way forward for me, I get much better sales there than I would elsewhere.

Continue the great declutter

Cut down on general spending where I can.

Keep up with surveys for cash and vouchers.

Thank you if you've read that far!
"If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney

Comments

• jwil
    Those who have read my previous diaries will know that we have spent the last few years clearing the contents of a hoarded house. That has taken up a lot of time but brought in a reasonable amount of cash to help clear things.

We are finally coming to the end of that hoard! :T :T It is so nice and such a great feeling to know that we have decluttered so much without getting a skip in and dumping the lot. We have donated loads to charity, given a national organisation a huge collection of books for their library, sold loads, car booted loads, and freecycled/recycled as much as we can of what was left. It's been a long hard slog, but worthwhile.

So now our attention needs to turn to our own clutter. DH and I are both big collectors. But we need the space now to be able to have a life, and so that little jwil (20 months) can finally get his own room.

The money also will be very handy in clearing the debt. DH has a small amount of debt, but the majority of it is mine, and I want to clear it on my own. I built it up on my own so want to clear it myself.
  • jwil
    Today the plan is to catch up on some surveys and to get some more stuff on ebay.

I have quite a few things photo'd already and will try and prepare some more to go on.

This weekend was the first in a long time that I haven't had huge amounts to parcel and post. It's been a nice break, but I need to get back on with it.
  • subscribed :) onwards and upwards for us all Jwil. All the best.
  • Glad to see you back (not the debt I hasten to add) and that all is well. You will succeed.

Have subscribed as well
  • jwil
    sweetpea26 wrote: »
    subscribed :) onwards and upwards for us all Jwil. All the best.
    Glad to see you back (not the debt I hasten to add) and that all is well. You will succeed.

Have subscribed as well

Aww thanks for popping in guys :)

Retired, how are you and your OH doing? I often think of you. Hope all is well x
  • jwil
    I've managed all of 1 survey so far :o

Am trying to get some listing done while little jwil naps. I think he's about to get up though.

I was trying to photo a pair of his old shoes earlier. They don't fit any more. He ran over, grabbed them, said 'no' very sternly and ran off with them :rotfl: I hope he hasn't inherited our hoarding tendencies :eek:
  • jwil
    11 Listings done, not as many as hoped, but better than nothing.

I've done a few surveys as well.

One item sold too!
  • Aww thanks for thinking of us jwil. We're doing ok muddling along as you do. Some days are considerably worse than others so just thankful for the good days.

Bless jnr little cotton socks. How dare you try and sell his shoes :-)

Well done on the listings and surveys. We're all behind you cheering you on.
  • Have subscribed. Great to see you back and still ebaying.
    April £5 a day challenge- £15.05/£150
  • daisystar
    daisystar Posts: 346 Forumite
    First Post
    Hi jwil! :hello: Nice to see you. I also lost my mse mojo somewhat this summer and have only been managing to post sporadically, good to know I'm not the only oe!

Great news on the decluttering :D Hope little jwil is grand and you're getting a bit more sleep.

Poddling off to subscribe now......:)
    Debt Oct '13 - [STRIKE]£44,076[/STRIKE] £41,578 5.7% cleared
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family