Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY

Comments

• len49 wrote: »
    Hi Grant

You'll find the full article below on Bott & Co.s website.

len49

Len, many thanks - that was the case that I quoted to Flybe, but they advised me to take my case to the CAA. I have no intention of doing that as I can see from peoples comments this has rarely got anyone anywhere so yes I will pursue it under my own steam.

Thanks again, ill buy you a :beer: from my winnings :)
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Indeed, Regulation 261/2004 paragraph 14 states:
    " As under the Montreal Convention, obligations on operating air carriers should be limited or excluded in cases where an event has been caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Such circumstances may, in particular, occur in cases of political instability, meteorological conditions incompatible with the operation of the flight concerned, security risks, unexpected flight safety shortcomings and strikes that affect the operation of an operating air carrier.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • len49
    len49 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Grant

As a side issue do you or did you recently work for a large utility company in Scotland. Thought I recognised your name from the past.

Cheers

len
    Len, many thanks - that was the case that I quoted to Flybe, but they advised me to take my case to the CAA. I have no intention of doing that as I can see from peoples comments this has rarely got anyone anywhere so yes I will pursue it under my own steam.

Thanks again, ill buy you a :beer: from my winnings :)
  • len49 wrote: »
    Grant

As a side issue do you or did you recently work for a large utility company in Scotland. Thought I recognised your name from the past.

Cheers

len

len, sorry to disappoint - the user name comes from an ex soap character that I allegedly have a passing resemblance to, and at no time have I worked for a large utility company in Scotland (or anywhere else for that matter). :rotfl:
  • JPears wrote: »
    Golactico - as NoviceA says, this is claptrap. The English courts have already decided and as we have seen today, one stay has already been lifted irrespective of the Dutch/EUCJ referral.
    If I were you, I'd send the NBA now, with a payup date for 15th Jan. If they don't respond then get your N1 or MCOL in on 15th Jan.

Please can I ask if anyone knows the name of the case relating to the stay being removed in reference to the KLM/CJEU? I would like to cite it in my letter/defence to the court.

Thanks
  • Just received this update from Flybe:

Your EU261/2004 claim

We are writing to update you on Flybe’s position with your claim, as promised in our last correspondence.
    We confirmed previously that we have been continuing to review claims for compensation under EU 261/2004 where a defence of "extraordinary circumstances" potentially applies.
    As set out in our last letter to you, a request for a ruling has been submitted to the European Court of Justice and the outcome of this will provide the airline industry and passengers with clarity as to whether a technical delay or cancellation could constitute an ‘extraordinary circumstance’.
    The English Courts are still considering how claims are dealt with in light of that request to the European Court of Justice. We hope that the position will be clarified further within the next 8-10 weeks and we will be in touch, once the English Court's position is clear, to advise how your claim will be taken forward.
    We do appreciate that some time may now have elapsed since your claim was notified to us. Please be assured that if you have notified your claim to Flybe within the required time period, your claim will not become ‘timed out’ as a result of waiting for the English Courts to confirm whether claims should be stayed, pending the outcome of the above reference to the European Court of Justice. As you have received this letter we can confirm that we still hold your details on file and there is no further need to contact us. Flybe will continue to update you on your claim and we anticipate this to be next on the 02 April 2015.

Any thoughts? I'm guessing LBA time...
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They're just stringing you along. The "English Courts" have already decided. They're referring to a half-cocked attempt to persuade the courts to agree further stays whilst a Dutch case is heard by the European Court. It's palpable nonsense.

(I understand that there is an important case early next week that will put this point to the test at County Court level.)
  • Arcan
    Arcan Posts: 89 Forumite
    I got exactly the same email today. -_-

Getting so fed up with Flybe.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    msnigella wrote: »
    Flybe will continue to update you on your claim and we anticipate this to be next on the 02 April 2015.

A day earlier would have been more in keeping.
  • Arcan
    Arcan Posts: 89 Forumite
    msnigella wrote: »
    Just received this update from Flybe:

Your EU261/2004 claim

We are writing to update you on Flybe’s position with your claim, as promised in our last correspondence.
    We confirmed previously that we have been continuing to review claims for compensation under EU 261/2004 where a defence of "extraordinary circumstances" potentially applies.
    As set out in our last letter to you, a request for a ruling has been submitted to the European Court of Justice and the outcome of this will provide the airline industry and passengers with clarity as to whether a technical delay or cancellation could constitute an ‘extraordinary circumstance’.
    The English Courts are still considering how claims are dealt with in light of that request to the European Court of Justice. We hope that the position will be clarified further within the next 8-10 weeks and we will be in touch, once the English Court's position is clear, to advise how your claim will be taken forward.
    We do appreciate that some time may now have elapsed since your claim was notified to us. Please be assured that if you have notified your claim to Flybe within the required time period, your claim will not become ‘timed out’ as a result of waiting for the English Courts to confirm whether claims should be stayed, pending the outcome of the above reference to the European Court of Justice. As you have received this letter we can confirm that we still hold your details on file and there is no further need to contact us. Flybe will continue to update you on your claim and we anticipate this to be next on the 02 April 2015.

Any thoughts? I'm guessing LBA time...

Hey I am just wondering what you're planning on doing next? Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure