Scottish Power and refunds

50Twuncle
50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
I am over £200 in credit with Scottish Power on my dual fuel account
We are low energy users - paying just £25 per month DD
When I ask SP for a refund - they tell me that this will increase my DD by £15 per month - to £40 per month !
Why should they do this - when our credit is still increasing (even during the winter) ?

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Is that £200 credit after a recent bill - using actual meter readings?
  • SP will give you a refund when you submit meter readings and manage your direct debit.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    They won't give me a refund AND the lower tariff - although we will still only use less than £25 per month !!
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    I am over £200 in credit with Scottish Power on my dual fuel account
    We are low energy users - paying just £25 per month DD
    When I ask SP for a refund - they tell me that this will increase my DD by £15 per month - to £40 per month !
    Why should they do this - when our credit is still increasing (even during the winter) ?
    Hi 50Twuncle

If you would like to email me I can have a look at this for you and check out your current usage.

If you could possibly email me at Social@scottishpower.com with the following information,
    your MSE handle in the subject heading
    your full address
    your name and telephone number
    and some details of the issues you have encountered
    I can look into this for you.

Kind Regards
    Danielle
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mrajb
    mrajb Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi

I feel your pain - I'm £1675 in credit, have supplied meter readings and seem to be unable to get a refund. My DD has decreased to £1 but I'm leaving the company and don't know what's going to happen if Scottish Power can't call me when they promise to do so; they've made 2 appointments to discuss my complaint and have missed them both.

They've also made changes to details of bills I've paid and restricted access to my online account. I can also no longer see any of the meter readings taken over the years that I have been a Scottish Power customer.

AJB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport