PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• midnight_express
    Options
    I get my medication from Pharmacy2U, you order online and the drugs are delivered by post.It's a wonderful service and I have never had any problems.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    I get my medication from Pharmacy2U, you order online and the drugs are delivered by post.It's a wonderful service and I have never had any problems.

What happens about payment?

If someone has free prescriptions or has a "season ticket" for prescriptions - rather than paying on an "as and when" basis.
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have anticoagulants that I need to take every day as I dare not risk more blood clots. I also have low thyroid medication so have been requesting prescriptions online as early as I possibly can. I used to trot along to the medical centre to pick up the prescriptions a couple of days later then try to get to the chemist later in the week.

I can now still order online but the prescriptions are picked up by the chemist which saves me a journey and so far everything has been correct and in stock. The fact that I order a repeat prescription early means I have at least a month's breathing space.

I am lucky to have two independent pharmacies half an hour's walk or a short bus ride away and have a bus pass. When I had anti depressants ( have now weaned myself off them) I found the worst places to get them dispensed was a large Boots as they never seemed to have the quantity or the items at the time I visited.
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :) Picture this, the routine rigmarole of getting my repeat script about 9 times a year.

1. Go in person to GP practise and drop off completed script in the box on the wall ...

... Getting my prescription meds could take anything from 4-8 visits to the pharmacy. Which isn't open on a Saturday, and therefore those visits have to be fitted around my working hours. And, in the ELEVEN YEARS I was filling this same script every six weeks, I can count the number of times I managed to get it at first attempt on the fingers of one hand. Without using my thumb.:mad:

Can you blame me for nearly trampling them in the rush to move over the new method?!:rotfl:
    Hi

And I ordered a couple of Lithium batteries on line yesterday which arrived today ... a couple of pounds for the goods, free delivery & a no hassle next day service - and some people still wonder where NHS efficiency £savings could be made! .... well there's lots of scope to address dispensing fees here, all that's needed is a will to overcome resistance to change ... :)

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Wow .... quite a bit of food for thought in this discussion. I don't have any regular prescription right now, but nor do I have a hospital bag. I have a go-bag to get me to the nearest hotel in case of a house fire, but a hospital bag is quite different. I've discovered a little bag that would be ideal for that, too.

Thanks folks.

I don't even have that :o

Shall I, err.... Pack my bags.... :p

In other news, and I appreciate your problems, all, but Aren't we lucky to have an NHS?

Thriftwizard - with you on the statins...
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    When I first went onto hydrocortisone, my GP gave me a float of 3 months worth just in case of any shortages or needing to updose. Commonsense does still exist.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    If Pharmacy2U is your nominated pharmacy any emergency scripts are sent to them. Been there done that in terms of Friday afternoon pain relief. The GP had to change on the system at the surgery so the pharmacy where I live could have it ready for pick up.

Not Pharmacy2U's fault but worth noting.

What was Pharmacy2U's fault was twice, twice! they were able to renominate themselves as my pharmacy. I don't know what happened but I know I was on the site, and I know I logged in. I saw their name on a GP script that was handed to me there and then and was furious. Easily sorted at the surgery reception but had I been in an emergency situation again I would have been scuppered. Pharmacy2U had their CQC inspection recently and I was asked for feedback. I gave them a scathing report for underhand tactics. I'm no fool, certainly not online and they got me. I wouldn't use them again.

Money pre-payment certs are sent and noted but I don't have experience dealing with then in terms of paying for meds. Off to go read that inspection report now. ;)
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    We are very lucky to have the NHS VJs we would have a lot more to worry about if we didn't have it.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    VJsmum wrote: »
    I don't even have that :o

Shall I, err.... Pack my bags.... :p

Never apologise for being healthy - just here, there are more folk for whom it's another thing to keep tabs on & thus who have experience of when things go sideways in various areas.

Which reminds me, thank you for the reminder about Not Trusting Cashpoints - I have reloaded a stash in various denominatons.

It was a beastly cold windy snowy slushy why-am-I-Outside-At-All sort of day, I had a cheque I needed to pay in & as I dripped & shivered & dried hands before handing over bits of paper etc, the lovely assistant asked if I had the banking app. Yes, (wonderful thing!) why? As you can now pay in cheques under £500 by sending a photo of the cheque in through the app. So there's me, clearly not au fait with the latest tech & thus tempting pneumonia & I could have taken a picture?

The lovely lady did what apps cannot, sorting me different denominations and quantities & even if I never see her to pay a cheque in again, I know she's meticulous and orderly and restful & I really hope technology doesn't eat away her job. As when I get old and a bit easily confused, I'll hope there are still humans who will slow down for me, til I understand again.

As in the bigger branch next town over there are machines who dispense cash, machines who accept cash & cheques, & sellers of financial products...
  • thriftwizard
    Options
    It was a beastly cold windy snowy slushy why-am-I-Outside-At-All sort of day

Oh dear, another I'll-pack-my-bags-moment - I've been paddling today, in the sea! Admittedly it was a tad bracing, and I didn't go far past my toenails or stay in very long, but my feet are still glowing now! It was a glorious day down here, if parky, so DD2 & I went for a lovely stroll along the beach, and I couldn't resist the temptation to stick my feet in the sea for a bit. Had to put my shoes back on sharpish when there was a quick shower of hail, though.
    Angie - GC April 24 £432.06/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure