The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• I must agree; I withdrew the £1500 over the period of a few days in smallish chunks of £400 and £300, so as not to spook the “fraud team” and it seems to have worked okay. :p

Thanks for the info. Did you withdraw to the same account each time? or spread across a few accounts?

Just trying to avoid having to get friendly with NatWest fraud team :rotfl:
  • I transferred £1500 out without any probs. No fraud team involvement.
  • So did I,theres exactly 28 pence left in the account too.That will stay like that until the incentive is paid in April.
    mortgage free 3/10/12:)
  • Badger50
    Badger50 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Like many others I found the application process quite complicated and protracted. (In fact it still isn't quite complete since I am am still waiting for my activation code). On the other hand, when MrsBadger50 applied for an account a few days after me her application just sailed through and was instantly accepted online.
  • the digi docs thing threw me in the beginning,but i was able to rope in a random child who did all that bit for me(I struggle with copy and paste so there there was no hope of me doing it alone),after that it was painless....
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    telemarks wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Did you withdraw to the same account each time? or spread across a few accounts?

I moved mine into/ out of 3 different accounts but mainly the Yorks bank which was the one I then switched.
    There really shouldn't be a problem once you can get to the second level of security because you can set up payees and then use them subsequently without further authority.
    I shall be keeping this until the payout- and then hope another nice Halifax comes along- no rush!! (it's too soon now!)
    I want it to look like a 'real' current a/c.........(whatever that is)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • telemarks wrote: »

Hi Telemarks,

Having paid the £1500 into the NatWest a/c, I withdrew the chunks back to our main account, £400 one day and perhaps £300 over the next couple of days and then £400 and so on, until all the money was back in our original account.

I also made a few spends out of the NatWest account (I needed to buy a couple of rail tickets as I was going up to London over a couple of days and used the debit card for that, as I would have used that money from our main account anyway, so it was no inconvenience).

It just makes it look more like a used account, rather than simply paying a large sum of money in and then withdrawing it.
    A cunning plan, Baldrick? Whatever it was, it's got to be better than pretending to be mad; after all, who'd notice another mad person around here?.......Edmund Blackadder.
  • A lot of people on here seem to be trying to make Natwest 'think' they are using the account 'properly' rather than simply to get the incentive (by making payments, several transfers etc.)

Just to confirm - this is completely unnecessary - so long as you meet the t & c - see my post #3 on this thread, you'll get the incentive, no matter what Natwest 'think' you are doing
  • a bit of sense at last
  • Maybe you are right, however it can't do any harm to show a more 'normal' activity, just to reduce the chance of a 50 min phone call to the fraud dept.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure