IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Harrassed by parking company though I did pay to park & proved it, please help

Options

Comments

• Ryandavis1959
    Options
    Sounds like you may already have a default judgment on its way to you if you are on day 21.

Why didn’t you appeal to POPLA? The parking firm will have given you a POPLA code with their rejection.

If you do have a default judgment you should either pay it now to avoid a CCJ, or look into getting it set aside.

Either way you need to urgently check if you still have time to acknowledge the claim.
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    crimineaux wrote: »
    The issue date on the letter is 10th Oct 2017. So I worked it out as 5 days on from that, plus 14 days. But here I am on 9th Nov having not replied at all.

Can you answer my question about which firm this is, please.

And tell us when you've done the AOS online, assuming the POC were stated in the claim.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 9 November 2017 at 10:21PM
    Options
    crimineaux wrote: »
    The issue date on the letter is 10th Oct 2017. So I worked it out as 5 days on from that, plus 14 days. But here I am on 9th Nov having not replied at all.
    You may already have a ccj against you!

(The claimant can ask for judgement in default as soon as the 14 days to reply have passed)

Try a credit agency and see if you have a ccj against you
  • crimineaux
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Can you answer my question about which firm this is, please.

And tell us when you've done the AOS online, assuming the POC were stated in the claim.

I'm away from home at the minute, the letter I've got with me from Wright and Hassall says they were instructed by ZZPS. I assume that is the parking firm.

Does AOS mean Acknowledgement of Service and is that what I need to do on MCOL please? The acronyms don't mean anything to me, having looked on the newbies post the only one for AOS is:

AOS = Approved Operator Scheme of an Accredited Trade Association such as the BPA (or the new one, the IPC). Only AOS members can get DVLA data.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I would have thought that this claim was from CEL as it says STARPARK in an early post

Civil Enforcement Limited also t/as Starpark & Creative Car Park & Parksolve

therefore it may well say PARTICULARS OF CLAIM TO FOLLOW with 14 days

if it does, have they arrived yet ?

if so , dates on POC and date on the actual envelope please

POC is Particulars Of Claim

AOS is Acknowledgement Of Service

MCOL is Money Claim On Line (in the newbies thread , post #5)
  • crimineaux
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    I would have thought that this claim was from CEL as it says STARPARK in an early post

Civil Enforcement Limited also t/as Starpark & Creative Car Park & Parksolve

therefore it may well say PARTICULARS OF CLAIM TO FOLLOW with 14 days

if it does, have they arrived yet ?

if so , dates on POC and date on the actual envelope please

POC is Particulars Of Claim

AOS is Acknowledgement Of Service

MCOL is Money Claim On Line (in the newbies thread , post #5)

Thank you, yes you're right it was Starpark. Apparently ZZPS have instructed CEL to pursue this though.

On the front of the claim form it says Particulars of Claim and below lists a date, ref no and amount.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    ZZPS are debt collectors and have no say in the matter

CEL is the parent company of Starpark

I would have thought that CEL issued the MCOL via Northampton

so we need to know about the POC etc as well as who paid for the court claim

does it say POC TO FOLLOW WITHIN 14 DAYS ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    Options
    I think this OP has lost valuable time/advice by disappearing for almost 5 months, until reappearing just an hour ago. He needs to answer questions when asked, otherwise we’re all guessing.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • crimineaux
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    ZZPS are debt collectors and have no say in the matter

CEL is the parent comany of Starpark

I would have thought that CEL issued the MCOL via Northampton

so we need to know about the POC etc as well as who paid for the court claim

Ah ok, thank you. The PoC are listed as follows:

Outstanding debt and damages
    Date: 17/11/16
    Description: This is just a ref no
    Amount: 236.00
    Due date: 17/11/16

Total due - 236.00
    The Claimant claims the sum of 252.86 for Outstanding debt and damages including 16.86 interest pursuant to S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984. Rate 8.00% pa from dates above to 09/10/17. Same rate to Judgment or (sooner) payment. Daily rate to Judgment 0.05. Total debt and interest due 252.86. I will provide the defendant with separate detailed particulars within 14 days after service of the claim form.

So ok, duh, I have not been reading this properly - they ARE sending PoC separately. Last time I check my mail box a couple of days ago I had no such thing.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 November 2017 at 10:11PM
    Options
    I already told you that the NEWBIES thread tells you NOT to do an AOS or defence if it's a claim form that says ''POC to follow''. So do NOT do the AOS or defence yet.

Read other CEL threads. You are not out of time.

At home, has the POC just arrived last week, like in the hundreds of other threads exactly the same as yours? Have you even read other CEL threads and the NEWBIES thread post #2?

KEEP the envelope the POC arrive in. You'll have seen from other CEL threads, you need the envelope.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure