IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Fight the French

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    "The point is that both you, Beamerguy and Halfway are anti-PPC warriors and I hope you will accept that I am as well. Our aims are beyond this particular case."

We are all anti scam which Mrs May's government allows

The fact is that this is a HUGE VOTE LOSER for Mrs May amongst
    her many vote losing tactics
  • trisontana wrote: »
    What have the politicians (both national and local) saying about this? And the media?
    beamerguy wrote: »
    "The point is that both you, Beamerguy and Halfway are anti-PPC warriors and I hope you will accept that I am as well. Our aims are beyond this particular case."

We are all anti scam which Mrs May's government allows

The fact is that this is a HUGE VOTE LOSER for Mrs May amongst
    her many vote losing tactics
    I doubt it is a vote loser im afraid, as no political party cared about it during the election. Only the Tories had a line about it in their manifesto. Even Corbyn didn't bother and he would seem the natural anti-PPF leader.

The reality is that this has been going on for over a decade and the politicians, media and I'm afraid to say the general public do not seem to care! If you ever read what's on the Daily Mail comments about parking you'd think that the motorist had deserved getting the ticket most of the time!
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    There are currently 100,000 unpaid tickets from hospital staff worth £12,000,000

I would not like to be a hospital administrator on Monday morning , I foresee the brown stuff contacting the rotating thing , and staff problems .

the hospital board are in many ways responsable for this , on the first count , by leasing the car park to this company , and secondly by issuing far to many permits

fortunatly this contract expires (I think) next year , but expect a new batch from Ninewells Hospital up in bonny scotland spurned on thy the funding from wales (30 yr contract)

one thing that defies me , 1300 spaces 9000+ permits but yet indigo made a profit of £2.8 million in 2016 , I thought the permits were bought from the hospital?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf wrote: »
    There are currently 100,000 unpaid tickets from hospital staff worth £12,000,000

I would not like to be a hospital administrator on Monday morning , I foresee the brown stuff contacting the rotating thing , and staff problems .

the hospital board are in many ways responsable for this , on the first count , by leasing the car park to this company , and secondly by issuing far to many permits

fortunatly this contract expires (I think) next year , but expect a new batch from Ninewells Hospital up in bonny scotland spurned on thy the funding from wales (30 yr contract)

one thing that defies me , 1300 spaces 9000+ permits but yet indigo made a profit of £2.8 million in 2016 , I thought the permits were bought from the hospital?
    I imagine the majority of their revenue is from pay and display machine income, not from enforcement (especially as a parking charge there is £20.)
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I doubt it is a vote loser im afraid, as no political party cared about it during the election. Only the Tories had a line about it in their manifesto. Even Corbyn didn't bother and he would seem the natural anti-PPF leader.

Don't be misled .... why do you think May lost voters ??
    Not Brexit but matters that were important to people

I doubt that to this day, May has any idea
    Her problem is not knowing what voters will do next
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I imagine the majority of their revenue is from pay and display machine income, not from enforcement (especially as a parking charge there is £20.)

but how can they offer a pay and display on a 1300 place car park , when they have already sold (and took money for) 9000+ permits
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf wrote: »
    but how can they offer a pay and display on a 1300 place car park , when they have already sold (and took money for) 9000+ permits
    Most hospitals have staff areas for permits and then pay and display areas for patients and staff who can't get in the permit area. I've got no idea why they thought a 9/1 permits to space ratio was a good idea, but then again I know nothing about running a car park!

Who was the Lay rep and do they have indemnity insurance to cover the costs?
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    If you ever read what's on the Daily Mail comments about parking you'd think that the motorist had deserved getting the ticket most of the time!

Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. The Daily Mail, whatever you think of it, consistently highlights parking cases and invariably is on the side of the motorist. Just look back through this forum.

The real problem at many older hospitals is that simply there is not sufficient parking space. Any hospital in a major town or city will, inevitably, have expanded with more building and there is just not sufficient space on their premises to encompass all of the motor cars that want to use the facilities, either as staff, visitors or patients. And often all the land around is already built on by housing or commercial premises.

Now how you magic additional space is beyond me. Out of town new hospitals could be the solution, but at what price. They could be more creative with turning every bit of land in existing hospitals into car parking - more multi storeys etc.

Certainly PPCs are not the answer - at least not the way things currently work.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    pappa golf that's the wrong link, please urgently change it to the one supplied by Sue Prior of the TafEly Group, which is the fighting fund to APPEAL.

She's given the right link twice in the comments under the Blog.

We do not want people paying to pay this disgrace, but to fund a proper appeal.

I won't comment on the 'sanitised version' blogged, which is not the 'actual' version written by and according to Barry Beavis.

I have now ADDED the link to the appeal crowsd funding , this I TOTALLY agree with , unlike the request to fund fine payment
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Cygnus_Alpha
    Cygnus_Alpha Posts: 191 Forumite
    Just added my donation for the appeal.

Is there an address for the hospital trust board we can write to, to make our feelings known?

It would help if people in the Cardiff area wrote to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure