misscousinitt's MF Diary

Comments

• misscousinitt
    misscousinitt Posts: 3,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Thank you both.

Scared but hopeful. Will try to keep my sensible head on lol

MCI x
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • misscousinitt
    Hi all

Busy, busy as usual.

Got another market this weekend, my penultimate one before going full time. I haven't been in the mood for baking this week, but I have 3 more bakes to do this evening, get my stuff together and I'm done - feel a bit better today so hopefully they will go smoothly and we will get to eat before 10pm! We will see.

HM Pizza using special offer flat breads tonight that I bought last week and froze.

Done a rough meal plan till next Wednesday:

Sat: Burgers
    Sun: Eat at MILs
    Mon: Chicken Stir Fry
    Tues: Seafood Paella
    Wed: Chicken Traybake

Hopefully should keep me on the straight an narrow and out of the shops and out of the pub having a 'cheap and cheerful'.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That's the thing about doing it for a business - even if you love it, it does become "work", simply because you have to do it when you don't feel like it.

One of the funniest conversations I ever had about that was in the early days of my SE, when I was still subcontracting from CrazyPeopleRUs. A really important book had just come out that was genuinely obligatory to read, I was talking to a client about it while CrazyPeopleRUs were on holiday. "Oh", says lovely client, "I suppose they've taken it on holiday with them to read on the beach". "Er, no", says I, confused ... it dawned on each of us what the other's assumption was; it was very British Understated Humour :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Huge congratulations on your new adventure MCI :T I will look forward to seeing your meal plans returning too!
  • misscousinitt
    I think the main problem at the moment is that I am working full time and baking on an evening (especially when it's nice outside!). I sometimes get this feeling when I have to bake for fundraising too.

When I can do it to my own schedule I am sure it will be better - I am fully aware that I won't always feel like it - but being on my own terms will be good.

I suppose I can never really get away from food! So it's a good job that I love it. A holiday for me is going to a restaurant - I can enjoy without having to create.

We will have to see how it goes.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Huge congratulations on your new adventure MCI :T I will look forward to seeing your meal plans returning too!

Thanks :) - Looking forward to being on here a little more again and sharing the meal plans and my baking ideas.

Slight alteration to tonight's tea - now going to be seafood in chilli and garlic marinade with roasted vegetable cous cous.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Five week month - so excavating the freezer for meals this week. Feel we need a treat too so going to get a Dine in for £10 from either Sparks or Mr T (Cheaper than going out!)

So, this is what I've come up with:

Thurs: Fish Cakes, Rice & Veg/Salad (always a lazy day so will pick up some Fish Cakes from Herr A)
    Fri: HM Chilli Jackets & Salad - will transform the 1/2 portion of Spag Bol I have into a Chilli
    Sat: Dine in for £10
    Sun: Eat at MILs
    Mon: Tarragon Chicken & Pasta
    Tues: Fish & Prawn Paella
    Wed: Posh Sausage & Mash

Going to work on a meal plan for the whole of July and see what I can save.

Not much news on any other front - working my way through my notice period - busy with charity stuff and plans for my business.

Looking forward to finishing so I have time to compete all the ideas I currently have running round my head.

Got a few issues at my Mum's at the moment, been trying to get the security up to scratch as it has been lacking for a long time and the shed was broken into a few weeks ago (although we don't know exactly when). Getting there and pleased that issues that have been on going since well before Dad passed away are now being sorted.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The situation at work sounds like its settled down, and yes, the meal plan sounds tres posh :) lovely!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • misscousinitt
    Slight alteration to dine in for £10 - ended up a cook at home takeaway Indian meal that cost the grand total of £6.76 with the extras I bought!

Busy weekend - Plant Stall and baking order (for a friend), plus chores and was just shattered on Sunday after not sleeping very well for a few nights - so went back to bed for a couple of hours while DH went out. Still loads achieved and a contribution to the business done!

- Charity meeting tonight - lots of things to sort out.
    - Jam making planned for tomorrow - cherries from MILs tree - not enough to make to sell but certainly a nice addition to our cupboard and for filling cakes etc...
    - Moving plants on Wednesday.
    - Digging mum's garden on Thursday (maybe???)

No time for getting my paperwork for my business sorted - so have sent an e-mail saying that I will get it all done by the end of July that gives me a good week once I finish work to gather together all the templates and research I've been doing and get it sorted once and for all (sick of it being bits and pieces - but no time to concentrate on it while I am still at work).

Hope everyone is well.

Look forward to catching up soon - promise.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    DH came back with some more cherries and I had enough to make 3 x 1lb Jars and 3 small Jars - 2 small to friends, 1 to Mum, 1 x 1lb for us and 2 for the business. Never going to make a fortune with cherry jam, but it's a nice special edition!

Done well with sticking to the meal plan although there have been spanners in the works where I would normally say 'sod it' and go out - I have also been good and not bought any lunches - which may be to my detriment today as I have no lunch with me! (I have some porridge in my drawer, so I will have that and have a snack when I get home before dinner).

Have had a lovely chat with my environmental officer the other day and she said not to worry about the paperwork - we will get it all sorted when I have finished. I am still reading up in bits and pieces and formulating what I've got to do; but I am relieved that there is no particular rush until I start properly!

Have booked a lunch appointment with a school friend of mine for a Monday! How strange is that going to be?? To be fair, it is while I would have been on holiday - but strange all the same.

Looking forward to making our OP in the next few days, depending on how it goes - these might become less frequent, but we are still determined to OP!! I really don't know till I start.

Got to do some charity work at lunchtime and make a start on my July meal plan - let's hope I can be inventive enough to keep us on the straight and narrow. (We are planning to go out once we have both been paid - which will be nice).

Brother's birthday on Saturday - keeping it low key with a small gift and a lunch out at a buffet restaurant - so keeping it cheap but still cheerful! He understands and is easily pleased and is looking forward to us spending a little time together.

Had totally forgotten that I have my car tax coming up and I am due a car service - this will make a hole in some of the money I have saved, but at least they will be done out the way for another year.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure