world mail panel

Options

Comments

• michelle.griffin
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Thank you all for the suggestions of what to do with the books.....I have tried the local play groups and schools but they seem disinterested...

I am not aware of any other outlets in my local area that would take them and I do not participate in the shoe box appeal.

I guess they will sit in a corner of my study next to the computer for a while longer and get periodically used for shopping lists....

although if anyone wants them it probably can be arranged.....

i pass mine on to a work colleague for their child, failing that a neighbour has them for her grand-kids.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    i pass mine on to a work colleague for their child, failing that a neighbour has them for her grand-kids.

Again thanks....

Great if you have someone you can do that with...although in the past I've probably accepted many "kind hearted "gestures from collegues who just want to rehome something and then wondered if actually we need the item at all!

I fear my innocent comment yesterday may now be detracting from the real reason of the thread...ie queries and help on the mail panel.

however you deal with the books you receive for being part of it is entirely at everyone's individual discretion....as I said mine languish by the side of the computer....no doubt the day after I recyle them into paper recycling as part of a declutter I will find a much more worthwhile way to make use of them....but until then......
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Locky
    Locky Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I started doing this survey a couple of months ago now and one of the mail items in my list has been there for ages now. Do I assume this has been lost in the post and let them know?

What are these two options for in the list? I don't understand when you would use them?
    > I did not yet receive the item.
    > I'm not sure if I received the item.
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I shouldn't worry about the item that has been there a long time. If you click on it (as though received) it will say "item has not yet been posted" if that is the case.
    I have never seen the other options you mention. Where do these appear?
  • Joools
    Joools Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had an email to say that 'due to changing guidelines from their client, they are reducing the number of participants in certain areas and unfortunately for the moment I will have to leave the panel'.

Such a shame as it's so easy to do but I guess all good things come to an end :(
  • saving-mad
    saving-mad Posts: 425 Forumite
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Again thanks....

Great if you have someone you can do that with...although in the past I've probably accepted many "kind hearted "gestures from collegues who just want to rehome something and then wondered if actually we need the item at all!

I fear my innocent comment yesterday may now be detracting from the real reason of the thread...ie queries and help on the mail panel.

however you deal with the books you receive for being part of it is entirely at everyone's individual discretion....as I said mine languish by the side of the computer....no doubt the day after I recyle them into paper recycling as part of a declutter I will find a much more worthwhile way to make use of them....but until then......

As a childminder I use the books as a daily diary for the babies, they last just about 6 weeks by which time as well as being full they are looking a bit tatty.
    Ive just used the last one but as I'm retiring from childminding in a couple of months. I have seen the small squared ones for sale on eBay but you could put them on freecycle as I'm sure lots of people would be able to make use of them.
    Owner of a cute cottage in the North York Moors :j
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Points now in my account - another £7 for my Paypal account shortly.
  • michelle.griffin
    Options
    does any body else have no items on their 'received items' page?
  • pheonix_2
    pheonix_2 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes mate,been like it for a week or more
  • michelle.griffin
    Options
    think i'll send them an email, never had it before. Hope they're not shutting it down.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback