bulk LPG and combi boiler

Hi,
Looking for advice on how much LPG gas a combi boiler for a large property would use - trying to calculate total gas usage fr the property, so can work out how big an LPG tank we need to install for our new build.
Thanks

Comments

• Skools_Out
    Skools_Out Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    emmaghil wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for advice on how much LPG gas a combi boiler for a large property would use - trying to calculate total gas usage fr the property, so can work out how big an LPG tank we need to install for our new build.
    Thanks

I believe the answer you are seeking would be 42 ;)
  • Oh great thanks, I couldn't see it on the boiler specification, maybe looking in the wrong place
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi,
    Thanks

Being sensible, how large is the property?

The standard domestic LPG tank either tends to be 1200 litres or 2000 litres, depending on demand.

We used to have a 2000 litre tank which only needed topping up twice a year. They changed that out for the more common 1200 litre tank a few years ago.

We get through about 2500 litres a year in an oldish four bed rural semi.
  • commercial property with 7 toilets and hot water for hand wash basins, wash up etc. It's the KW usage for the combi boiler i need, so can calculate tank size...that's what was advised by bulk LPG supplier
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I would suggest that if this for a commercial property, you really need to get the advice of a professional heating engineer.

Do you know what make and model the boiler is?

If so, the manufacturer's website should give you it's consumption per hour. You then need to decide how many hours you require the heating for and the heat losses of the building.

As I said, I think that you need professional advice.
  • Skools_Out
    Skools_Out Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh great thanks, I couldn't see it on the boiler specification, maybe looking in the wrong place

You're welcome :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport