PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• Rootle
    Rootle Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    30/52 - 9 items (DVDs, Computer games, CD) traded in for some pennies and used up some packaging for posting.
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I took the clothes to the cs and also decluttered the cans and tins to the recycling.

One bottle of hair conditioner emptied and binned.
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Saver -upper what does SPC stand for in your sig please?
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. IF I NOTICE SOME SMALL TASK NEEDS DOING - I WILL DO IT IMMEDIATELY

2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I WENT IN - WITHOUT HIDING THE CLUTTER EXCEPT for the wardrobe room which is currently the storage room (sr)

3. THE LAST WASHING UP OF THE DAY WILL BE PUT AWAY BEFORE I GO TO BED

Rootle, marmiterules keep up the good work:T

Thursday is a washout & chilly to boot:( but I had to go out :( to post some urgent birthday cards & letters so decided to do an sm shop as well.

No work done on shed base or whirligig as too wet & DH was invited out by old work colleagues. So bacon sarnies all round at about 4:00 p.m. & then off he went :D

DSis & I have started watching Series 3 of Blindspot - one episode down 21 to go :eek:

My decluttering mojo is still only extending to reading the ‘Alien’ trilogy and I am now on the third book :rotfl:

So just my three mantras - aired & made bed, washed up, dried up & put away as I went along; washed down kitchen work surfaces; shopping done & put away; general tidying;

The day to day decluttering has generated

C5 - C12 Non recyclable - 2 plastic trays & packaging, plastic bag, plastic box, 4 lots of plastic packaging - binned
    C13 Milk carton - rinsed & recycled
    C14 - C26 Seven newspapers, 5 lots of cardboard packaging - Recycled
    C27 Book read & put in cs bag

MrsSD
    C27/C2018
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Was raining today so managed to declutter the kitchen with hubby instead of being outside. So pleased it has rained as the water butts are filling up nicely Plus our huge kitchen is on its way to finally being uncluttered.

1 Rhino ornament:eek: from neighbour who went on a safari CS
    1 Ornamental duck CS
    1 small rag dolls armchair CS
    1 Book cover REC
    1 Large ornamental hen CS
    2 Salt & pepper pots CS
    1 Ornamental duck with candle in its back CS
    2 Wooden Cockerels CS
    3 Tiny ornamental hens CS
    1 another duck CS
    1 Cockerel wine bottle stopper
    1 Small wooden jewellery box CS
    1 Pellet tin REC
    1 Tatty sponge BIN
    1 small piece of paving slab which came off of front step years ago and we kept for some reason
    1 Chipped cooks nips pot CROCS
    2 Hen egg cups CS
    1 Terracotta wine cooler used for utensils (why we had 3 I don't know) CS
    2 New scarves - unwanted presents CS
    2 Pairs of my 3/4 leg garden trousers BIN
    1 Pair hubbies Garden shorts that he doesn't want another patch sewn on to because they have 11 on them already awww bless him :D. He is now wearing a pair with 3 patches on instead :dance:BIN

Edwink

815 + 28 = 843
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Saver-upper, marmiterules, Happy Kitties & bit by bit - well done all of you :T nice to keep things ticking over :rotfl: MrsSD C4/C2018

To be honest Mrs SD It helps that you and others on the thread are so encouraging. I love coming back most days to see what everyone has been up to.

Today I left a book in a waiting area at work but need to take a bag full in tomorrrow.
    Did more clearing in DS 2's room but didn't manage to get started on the photos yesterday.

Tomorrow I am taking a load of sponsorship money to the bank (£1540 for Breast Cancer Charities after doing the Moonwalk) Its late in as I did the walk in May. Some people were really slow at getting it to me.

Another weight off my mind.:)

In the next few weeks I am going to have to up my clearing as the builder wants to start at the end of August. :eek: Hope to be sorted in the essential areas by then.
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    bit_by_bit wrote: »
    Tomorrow I am taking a load of sponsorship money to the bank (£1540 for Breast Cancer Charities after doing the Moonwalk) Its late in as I did the walk in May. Some people were really slow at getting it to me.

WOW!! Well done bit by bit on raising so much money doing the Moonwalk. :j:T:A That is absolutely excellent and a fantastic achievement :)

Edwink x x x
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    :T:T Well done bit by bit :T:T What an impressive total :T

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 August 2018 at 2:07AM
    Options
    Saver -upper what does SPC stand for in your sig please?

Hi marmiterules.
    It is the Sealed Pot Challenge.Get a pot from the pound shop :
    https://www.google.com/search?q=sealed+tin+money+box&newwindow=1&client=firefox-b-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil5J-FpeHcAhVsD8AKHaq7DRAQ_AUICygC&biw=1150&bih=613

(or make one,maybe out of an old jar on tin etc,but make sure you tape it so you aren't tempted to raid it),and fill it with any loose change/notes that you have saved,eg by deciding not to have that coffee and cake when you are out/money leftover at the end of the month/money saved while shopping,extra overtime money,roadkill,etc.The challenge has been going for 11 years.We open our pots in early November.Alot of people use the challenge to help with the cost of Christmas.Others save for holidays,weddings,etc.I have been saving it all (4 years worth) as a sort of emergency fund.And the best part is you hardly miss the money as you pot,but by the end of a year,you realise how much it all adds up.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5738150

Today I tidied,dusted,swept our bedroom (mine and partner).He is a hoarder,and has already filled a garage and 2 sheds,and alot of his parent's house,with his hoard.I have to work to stop it creeping into the rest of the house,especially our bedroom.
    As part of this,there is an otterman at the end of the bed that I bought a few years ago for my partner to hide some of his mess.He never uses it,but it is still full of stuff :rotfl:.When I was going through it today,I found stuff as random as out -of -date medicinal creams,packets of electrical tape,a jar of peanut butter (:eek:),pairs of socks ,a couple of jumpers,bicycle gloves,plasters,cable ties,fathers day cards (that I had put there a few years ago)........
    From sorting it today,I got out of the house:
    1142-1143:2 dried out packets of wet wipes
    1144:out of date,opened tube of Savlon
    1145-1146:2 boxes of prophylactics ;),which had an expiry date of 2009 :eek::eek::rotfl::rotfl:

I then made a pile of my random finds for partner to put away in his mancave.So his bicycle gloves,tyre gauge and cable ties will never be found again.:rotfl::rotfl:
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still away but a couple of things decluttered

997 another magazine donated
    998 a body wash sample used up
    999 body wash which I never used at home has been used up and binned
    1000 suntan lotion bottle has been used up and recycled as has a
    1001 a bottle of aftersun. Normally these are left a quarter full and taken home!! With other part used bottles

Over 1000 an achievement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport