Balancing not just the budget

Comments

• Hello again Rosa

I can't believe the amount you have achieved while I have been absent. I keep doing this don't I but I'm treating today as a new start again. I have been a little spendy the last couple of months so time to reign it in.

I love that you have bought the camper and you can just travel to wherever you like whenever you like. I would be too terrified to drive one no matter how many sensors it had on it lol.

I have totally given up on YNAB at the moment. I am still using my trusty spreadsheet and when I get to a decent savings amount I will try again. It is just not clicking in my brain at all and I usually love programs like that.

Just a quick catch up while I am up to date lol.

Take care.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,868
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello again Rosa

I can't believe the amount you have achieved while I have been absent. I keep doing this don't I but I'm treating today as a new start again. I have been a little spendy the last couple of months so time to reign it in.

I love that you have bought the camper and you can just travel to wherever you like whenever you like. I would be too terrified to drive one no matter how many sensors it had on it lol.

I have totally given up on YNAB at the moment. I am still using my trusty spreadsheet and when I get to a decent savings amount I will try again. It is just not clicking in my brain at all and I usually love programs like that.

Just a quick catch up while I am up to date lol.

Take care.

Tink xx

Hello Tink, lovely to see you! :j

YNAB doesn't work for everyone, all that matters is you find something that works for you.

I'm just making van plans for escaping later this month! Though interestingly, now that is getting sorted I find I have more energy and ideas for fixing things at home too.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • RosaBernicia
    Forumite
    Belated Sunday shuffle looks pretty much as before, with the good news that I had counted the van service in but not the extra contract income, so hopefully about £400 less overspent than I thought. However, I'm just looking at fun things I could do if I take the van away so it may end up about the same!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,820
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Where are you thinking of going for your trip?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • RosaBernicia
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Where are you thinking of going for your trip?

Hi Beanie

This time I'm thinking just nearby (well, ish, but a couple of hours drive) somewhere a colleague recommended. It turns out to be the next bay along from a friend of mine and I've just heard back from her so will hopefully get to meet up too :)

Rosa xx
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello Rosa,

It's nice to see that although over budget you're feeling the joy of your decisions. Definitely the way life should be lived. I'm so envious of your camper. I've been looking at some myself, but just can't budget it in just yet.

MTx
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    This time I'm thinking just nearby (well, ish, but a couple of hours drive) somewhere a colleague recommended. It turns out to be the next bay along from a friend of mine and I've just heard back from her so will hopefully get to meet up too :)
    Sounds perfect ;)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    Forumite
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    Hello Rosa,

It's nice to see that although over budget you're feeling the joy of your decisions. Definitely the way life should be lived. I'm so envious of your camper. I've been looking at some myself, but just can't budget it in just yet.

MTx

Hi MT

Do message me if you are thinking seriously about it - it would be nice to share the learning I have already collected!

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Forumite
    Hmmm. Well the shuffle is done and still on track ish - I cannot get YNAB to match precisely but I think it's probably the apps processing incoming transactions, so am not going to worry about it for now.

I had a fab weekend and am now thinking more about things I want to do. A different life is beginning to come into focus as a reality. It's all possible. However, it also means spending differently. I want money for coaching and travel and things. And because I've been here a while - 10 years apparently, MSE reminded me! :eek: - I know I can do that. I already had ideas about what next... now they are slowly taking shape. Isn't it exciting? I had forgotten that good, exciting things can also make me nervous, so am having occasional eek moments, but am also beginning to fit things into a bigger plan. So it's all good here :)

Rosa xx
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    All sounding positive :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family