IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN - Globe Protection/IG Security - Likely hood of bailiffs?

Hi,

I've read the Newbies guide and so far have continued to ignore a penalty charge notice received by Globe Protection/IG security. ZZPS sent a letter but that was also ignored. A letter from QDR solicitors however has left my mother slightly worried about a CCJ and potentially bailiffs visiting the house.

I did not have a ticket, however had an IG security parking badge which i Thought was valid for the car park I used. I appealed meaning I lost the ability to pay the £60 ticket and it went up to bloody £100!! It has since risen further and they now want £160, which I simply can't afford.

I believe in my appeal, I may have insinuated I was driving the vehicle, which in hindsight is a mistake, but other than this I've not been in contact with anyone and have ignored the letters as if they haven't arrived.

I've had a look at the BMPA stats for IG security and they've only taken 2 cases to court this year if the site is correct.

Any advice? Do I send them anything? Whats the likely hood of bailiffs so I can reassure my mother?

I'm sorry, I'm sure you've heard it all before but I am really appreciative.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I doubt that it was a penalty notice

probably a PARKING charge notice , completely different animal

no chance of bailiffs , unless it goes to court , you (or she) loses , and you (or she) fails to pay the judgment within 28 days

watching too much tv , yet failing to notice those enforcement officers have to have a court order

so if it goes to court and you lose, pay up , promptly
  • Sorry my mistake, it was a parking charge notice.

Would you recommend I take any action or continue to ignore?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    1994Baz94 wrote: »
    Sorry my mistake, it was a parking charge notice.

you have 2 choices

pay up in full (take action) , or IGNORE (take no action)

if you choose IGNORE , come back if you receive an LBC or an MCOL within 6 years
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    1994Baz94 wrote: »
    Sorry my mistake, it was a parking charge notice.

Other than complaining to the landowner and asking them to intervene and get this cancelled, there is nothing further you can do if you’re not going to pay this (no one here is suggesting you do pay).

You need to be alert for a Letter Before Action from the PPC or their solicitors, or a MCOL claim from the Northampton CCBC neither of which should be ignored. The PPC has 6 years in which to issue proceedings, so what they currently do in a court context cannot be assumed it will continue to be the case between now and 2023.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • I also have been issued a solicitor letter from qdr solicitors. However the car park had no signage when I parked. They still rejected my appeal. Has they erected an a4 size sheet next to my van and photographed it. Also they have spelt my name name wrongly on all correspondence. Has anybody got any additional info or input about this
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    @Chopone92

Welcome. Could you start your own thread and we'll answer it.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Chopone92 wrote: »
    I also have been issued a solicitor letter from qdr solicitors. However the car park had no signage when I parked. They still rejected my appeal. Has they erected an a4 size sheet next to my van and photographed it. Also they have spelt my name name wrongly on all correspondence. Has anybody got any additional info or input about this

QDR ..AKA WRIGHT HASSALL SOLICITORS

No big deal spelling your name wrong, these people
    are not exactly at the top of the intelligence list.

What does the letter say ????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport